Question About DB & Popularity Poll (815 Votes)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rebel_Yeh
Not-So-Newbie

Question About DB & Popularity Poll (815 Votes)

Post by Rebel_Yeh » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:45 am

I read in one of the Daizenshuus that Dragon Ball was at it's height when it received 815 votes in a 1000 ballot Shonen Jump popularity poll.

Here's what the Daizenshuu said:

FT: So in that way Arale-chan and DragonBall began. So then, Kondou-san became the editor right around the time the Saiyan arc began. At that time, DragonBall was explosively popular; when Jump did a 1000-ballot survey, at its height DragonBall got around 700 ballots.

YK: No, 815 ballots. That was in the Freeza arc.

Supposedly the Freeza arc is from the time Gohan and Krillin land on Namek to the time when Goku defeats Freeza. And since Dragon Ball's story revolves around Goku, I assume Dragon Ball received 815 votes in a popularity poll during one of Goku's fights. During the Freeza arc, Goku fought, other than Freeza, Burter and Jeice. Come to think of it, I almost forgot: He fought Captain Ginyu too (I'm not counting Goku's fight with Recoome. I don't really consider that a fight at all, actually.). So it must have been either during Goku vs. Burter and Jeice, Goku vs. Captain Ginyu, or Goku vs. Freeza, when Dragon Ball received 815 votes in that Shonen Jump popularity poll. So, I was wondering if those of you who have the Weekly Shonen Jump issues during the Freeza arc, could tell me during what chapter of Dragon Ball, did this particular poll appear? So if any of you have the Weekly Shonen Jump issues during the Freeza arc, could you tell me, during what chapter of Dragon Ball, did this particular poll appear?
Last edited by Rebel_Yeh on Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rebel_Yeh
Not-So-Newbie

Re: *PLEASE READ* QUESTION ABOUT DRAGON BALL AND POPULARITY

Post by Rebel_Yeh » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:49 pm

Bumped.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:49 pm

Just a heads-up: thread-bumping is a bit of a no-no around here. If someone has something to say about what you've posted, they'll say it.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:49 pm

There is no need to bump your own thread or respond off-topic in another thread with the same question. If and when someone has an answer, rest assured they will do so.

EDIT: I repeat, please stop posting this question in response to other threads of a completely different subject matter. It's not going to help you get your question answered any sooner.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Payne222
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Question About DB & Popularity Poll (815 Votes)

Post by Payne222 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:27 pm

I don't think anyone but the editorial department at Weekly Jump would have that answer for you. And they might not even have it kept still. I think the best answer we'll ever have is speculation, unless someone asks Weekly Jump or Toriyama directly if they can recall.
「あの地球人のように?・・・クリリンのことか・・・クリリンのことか————っ!!!!!!」

「オレは地球からきさまをたおすためにやってきたサイヤ人・・・おだやかな心をもちながらはげしい怒りによって目覚めた伝説の戦士・・・超サイヤ人孫悟空だ!!!!!」

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Question About DB & Popularity Poll (815 Votes)

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:49 pm

Payne222 wrote:I don't think anyone but the editorial department at Weekly Jump would have that answer for you. And they might not even have it kept still. I think the best answer we'll ever have is speculation, unless someone asks Weekly Jump or Toriyama directly if they can recall.
Assuming Bakuman is based on fact, any poll result from before 1999 is in the archives. Post-1999 everything should be digitally stored.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter