Always love referrals...

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Always love referrals...

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:46 pm

Just a note to all people on this here interweb...

When you're talking about something, and you are talking about it when specifically linking it (either yourself or someone previously)... it can be traced. In fact, it doesn't even need to be linked... but it makes the viewing a Hell of a lot easier when hit referrals are an option.

http://www.theringworldforum.com/showth ... 255&page=4

I would just like to say that I don't care if you (general plural "you", there) find us arrogant or ignorant. If that's the case, you're free to simply keep on truckin' and find another place that you enjoy. We'll be sad to see you go, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. I *would*, however, like to point out that no-one's banned simply for not speaking English as their first language. In fact, those who do not have English as their first language tend to type better English than those who natively speak it (see our forum members languages thread for great examples).

It's those that natively speak English and have an absurd disregard for normal grammatical structure (and hey, curiously, they also tend to be the ones with severe attitude problems) that typically end up getting the boot.

Normally I don't care who says what about us, but when there's something like this where actual Daizenshuu EX forum members are involved, I take slight issue. "Taste your words to make sure they are palatable before speaking."

Thanks! Enjoy!

(On a really basic level, talkin' smack about other sites is just really freakin' lame and shows the maturity level quite accurately.)

(Why I've even posted this, I dunno. It's not like I typically care what others think about us as site maintainers, or even our forum community as a whole. I know how awesome every single one of you are, and I don't need to have that confirmed from anyone other than yourselves. I guess since some of you are actually involved over there in said conversation, it makes it a little more personal. Ah, well. Such is this crazy internet!)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:30 pm

Um... what do you care if somebody who isn't even a forum member dissed you? It's just some random guy's opinion on your strictness. :?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

tarsonis
Regular

Post by tarsonis » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:37 pm

It might be that guy that was recently banned.

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:41 pm

tarsonis wrote:It might be that guy that was recently banned.
I was thinking about the same thing.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:42 pm

Dayspring wrote:Um... what do you care if somebody who isn't even a forum member dissed you? It's just some random guy's opinion on your strictness. :?
I wouldn't care at all, except some other Daizenshuu EX forum members are involved in said discussion. I wouldn't want others to be looked down upon just because someone's got a beef with me.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:49 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Dayspring wrote:Um... what do you care if somebody who isn't even a forum member dissed you? It's just some random guy's opinion on your strictness. :?
I wouldn't care at all, except some other Daizenshuu EX forum members are involved in said discussion. I wouldn't want others to be looked down upon just because someone's got a beef with me.
Ah. I thought you were inferring the S was a jerk or something since he posted on a board that slammed. I was all "Whoa! Guilty by association?! Excuse me?!"

By "that guy who was just banned," are you guys referring to Piccolo-san? Because bootlegs weren't this guy's beef.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:45 am

I'm actually(and I don't use words like this much) astonished, at the fact that this 'Oldboy' member joined in August 2005 and has already posted 6,553 times. What a joker. Have some people nothing better to do?

And he's a moderator already...
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:14 pm

Daizenshuu EX is only good because Planet Namek is gone! Oh noes~!

Maleko

Post by Maleko » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:11 pm

I suppose being able to understand someones posts confuses and angers them. -_-
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step"

-Confucius

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:10 pm

Someone named 'kitano' said someone became annoyed with him from his post on this thread.

Of course, no one's angry with anyone on that thread, so it just confuses me more. :?

Oh well, I just registered there and am awaiting the email they said was going to be sent out. Hopefully soon I'll be able to post a link to here so Oldboy can see what an ass he's making out of himself. "He claims to have been online for 7 years..." yeah, 2005 - 1998 = 7. At least, that's the math I learned in school. :roll:

-edit-
Reply posted here.

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:29 pm

And here is a classic case of the "intarweb infection", where people spread the retardation disease, and as a result end up knocking what they don't understand.

It's all a lot of bullshit that dumbasses propegate to give reason not to like Daizex, if they've had a suitably off-key experience with us, or Mike/Julian, which is ignorant as hell. It's my opinion as a regular poster, that we need these rules that we have, or all hell would literally break loose.

I'll tell ya' all, people who just don't fucking have a clue about shit in general piss me off. I would say, short of a few mishaps here and there, we're part of one of the best maintained DragonBall communities around (maybe even THE best, with the way others don't seem to care about things in general,) and I am proud to be a part of it.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:45 pm

To be honest, desire, I think it was your fault. ^^;;;; Unintentional, I'm sure,.but you came off as... yeah, something of a mod-wannabe.

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:57 pm

B-kun wrote:To be honest, desire, I think it was your fault. ^^;;;; Unintentional, I'm sure,.but you came off as... yeah, something of a mod-wannabe.
Be that as it may, atleast he's trying to mend damage done. But I wont say it's entirely his fault, because what he did say is as true as anything else.
If you're going to make a claim, back it up. Not too difficult. And as such, I think Kitano is being a bit of a whiney ass as a result of it.

mrkitano

Post by mrkitano » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:58 pm

Hey, hey. Kitano is me, as you have probably figured out.

What happened, if you read the thread, is that I've suggested DaizEX to anyone interested in Dragonball, since my opinion is still that the webpage itself is very good.
Then, Oldboy said what he said about this forum. It's his opinion, and I respect it. Besides, I consider myself his pal and I trust his opinions and views anytime of the day.

However, due to desireCampbell's response to my post here(http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.p ... 9&start=20), I've, by irony confirmed some of what Oldboy have said about intolerance in this board in the very same day. How can you argue with him after your reply to my post that didn't break any kind of rule, wasn't offensive to anyone and it's intent was simply to help pointing out a bit of information, even if I haven't pointed it out down to the panel number. So my opinon is that Campbell was in fact excessively anal about my post. I used the term "analloyd" in the ringworld forum. I apologise for that, but you must understand that I wasn't happy at all.

I won't repeat myself here, since I've summed up my feelings about Campbell's reply in that DaizEX thread.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:09 pm

I really think the thing with you and desire was a misunderstanding/misphrasing. Sorry about how my earlier post sounded. ^^;;;

What I'd meant to say is that Desire's post came off as sounding generally condenscending and mod-ish. The problem with the internet is that your tone of voice isn't heard, so it's easy for people to misunderstand you.

At risk of sounding like a mod, I wanna propose a solution.

Desire - there's really nothing in the rules stating he HAD to give a source.

Kitano - It's not really fair using what one person said as ammunition against an entire group.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:19 pm

I must say Kitano that after the friendly welcome I and many others gave you when you joined, and then reading what you've said about this place feels like a hypocritical slap in the face. I'm sorry if DesireCampbell came of that way, but as B said, that didn't give you the right to tarnish us all with the same brush.

And it is always being made clear that Mike does not tolerate people wanting to play moderator here.
Last edited by Jerseymilk on Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:20 pm

mrkitano wrote:Hey, hey. Kitano is me, as you have probably figured out.

What happened, if you read the thread, is that I've suggested DaizEX to anyone interested in Dragonball, since my opinion is still that the webpage itself is very good.
Then, Oldboy said what he said about this forum. It's his opinion, and I respect it. Besides, I consider myself his pal and I trust his opinions and views anytime of the day.

However, due to desireCampbell's response to my post here(http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.p ... 9&start=20), I've, by irony confirmed some of what Oldboy have said about intolerance in this board in the very same day. How can you argue with him after your reply to my post that didn't break any kind of rule, wasn't offensive to anyone and it's intent was simply to help pointing out a bit of information, even if I haven't pointed it out down to the panel number. So my opinon is that Campbell was in fact excessively anal about my post. I used the term "analloyd" in the ringworld forum. I apologise for that, but you must understand that I wasn't happy at all.

I won't repeat myself here, since I've summed up my feelings about Campbell's reply in that DaizEX thread.
Holy crap - that was you? and you were talking about me? Oh man, this is why I hate the internet.

From what I gather you (and apparently everyone) thought I was disagreing with ANYONE. I wasn't, I just wanted to know if anyone had any 'proof' to back up what we were talking about. Everyone was saying 'as I recall" or 'I think', I just wanted some direct quotes to base some theories off of.

And That "Sweet. I don't mean to sound like a hardass..." comment was actually supposed to be a compliment to you, mrkitano. I was praising that fact that you were looking it up. And I ment that "DaizEX is not the place" for anything but well thought out discussions. This is not the place to be just saying things without backing them up. This is the most mature DragonBall disscussion board I've ever seen, and I just wanted to say that this forum, this community, deserves the facts, and references, and quotes. We deserve the best out of DragonBall, and DragonBall deserves the best out of us.

Again, I'm truly sorry that I came off as anything but greatful to you and the forum.

ps - How the hell did I not link up "Kitano" with "mrkitano"? Damn, I've failed the webbernet.

mrkitano

Post by mrkitano » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:25 pm

Kitano - It's not really fair using what one person said as ammunition against an entire group.

Of course not. But my opinion is part desireCampbell's response and Oldboy's take. I mean, Oldboy must have his reasons. Why gratuitously attack the community?
I remind you that I've linked to the DaizEx site with the best intentions in the first place.

Campbell, ok. I understand. We've misunderstood each other. Sorry about my attitude, and I'll do my best to resolve things on the ringworld forum. By the way, if you're interested in staying there, you know you can always count on me to back you up. :)
Last edited by mrkitano on Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:32 pm

I... really don't know what Oldboy's talking about. O_o I've been a member since just after this incarnation of the board was started and I've never seen anyone banned for not having English as a first language. It's when they use bad grammar and refuse to correct it they get in trouble.

Fact he uses good grammar in that thread leaves me all the more confused.

Edit: DAMMIT, first, not second. ><;;;
Last edited by B-kun on Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrkitano

Post by mrkitano » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:36 pm

Just to let you know that me and Campbell have our differences settled via PM. Right, Campbell? There was only a bit of misunderstanding...

There was never any intent to hurt the community as a whole from myself. I've reffered to Campbell's reply only, and I've also reffered the fact that discriminating against people who don't fluently speak English is elitist. It is.
But I haven't said myself this board was like that; I've given my opinion on other member's take. And I still keep it. It's not my take on this board, but my opinion on that take.
Last edited by mrkitano on Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.