Dragon Ball Super: Ultra Instinct Cut [COMPLETE!!!] + Z Kai: Ultimate International Edition!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

saiyanprimalforce
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragonball Z Kai: Music Revival Selection Fan Project

Post by saiyanprimalforce » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:18 am

Innagadadavida wrote:So I have a few questions.

With the Falconer mix, are you using character themes? Vegeta's was a pretty prevalent one. In his moments of badassery, I can't imagine any other sound than that wailing guitar and bells when listening to a Falconer mix.

Have you heard of that one Falconer composition for Trunks slicing Freeza? There was a song that is on the CD that was composed for that scene, matched up beat-for-beat to the footage, but was scrapped and a generic track was used in the final mix. It might be kind of cool to see that track used appropriately.

Do you plan on doing all 98 episodes? If so, how long to you estimate it will take?

Do you take any liberties with the original Kikuchi mix? Or are you exclusively referring to the original Z version of the scenes in question and just matching it up?
As far as your question about Vegeta's theme, or character themes in general, like say Piccolo's two(Piccolo and Nail Fuse, Help From A Friend), yes, I am using both of those. . .at appropriate times, of course. One of the funny things about the original Faulconer score is how Vegeta can't even take two steps without Hell's Bell's seemingly playing from out of nowhere. I'll admit, in 53-55, I sorta fell victim to this, though thankfully thanks to Coycoy88's rips, I now have a bit of an arsenal when it comes to Vegeta moments, and now I feel much more comfortable with placing Faulconer's music, or having an ear for it you could say. Kinda have had to school myself on it.

The Freeza's death track you mentioned was used by my in 56. . .though in conjuntion with Trunks theme. I honestly didn't plan on using it, cause I really don't like the track in its original placement(not enough BANG for my taste), but, since Trunks regular theme kinda just peters out, I had to have another track continue along with the music, so actually, it worked out pretty well I think. Best of both worlds I suppose. Though if it interest you, I actually came across a video that had placed Freeza's Death in it's originally intended context. Can't remember who did it or anything though. But yes, I wasn't keen at all on using Desstruction for Freeza's Death. . . especially since I used it earlier in the episode.

Do I plan to go to episode 98? Yep. How long will it take? That depends. Granted, I've had to do a lot of on-hands learning from a video/audio editing perspective, but I think I can confidently say I know what I'm doing know(for the most part, anyway). I'm certainly kinda glad Part 7 hasn't been announced, truth be told. Gives me time to get Part 5 and 6 done and out there for consumption on a none-suicidal course. As it currently stands, I've conceptually finished scoring all of Part 5, with the exception of Faulconer versions for episodes 62-63. . .but, there's going to be a bit of a delay. I'll get into that in a bit.

In the Kikuchi original Z, or Faulconer versions, I watch the episodes(s) in question before I score. Or rather, I play-by-play with Kikuchi, and watch Faulconer to get a *vibe* of what was the episode trying for(with the exception of any memorable placed pieces, of course). Even still, it's impossible to 100% recreate Kikuchi Z because of how Kai is usually 2 episodes of Z, and the potential for the same themes crops up, sometimes alittle more often than I would like. So, yes, there is some liberties taken in certain cases, as one of my cardinal rules with scoring is that I don't use a piece of music more than once in an episode, but I like to think I keep close to the spirit of what was/is intended. I also try to stay far, FAR away from using any tracks that Kai uses(no problem if that's what actually plays in a scene in the original show, but one of my scoring choices I mean). I think I only used one of the super repetitive Kai pieces in episode 58, but only as a bridge between two pieces, and only a part of it(think that one movie 6 piece that Kai overkills its mileage on). But other than that, I try to stay pretty much faithful to the original show's placement. I still can't thank Kei17 enough for his rips. . .otherwise, a lot would be different, and I would be very much up a creek without a paddle.

I hope that answers all your questions. As far as a general status update, there's going to be a bit of a delay in the next release for a couple weeks, as I'm waiting on the Kai OST's and DBZ BGM collection CD's I bought last week to arrive. I mentioned how I've pretty much finished scoring all the episodes, but now I'm going to have to recreate all the CD audio pieces I used in all three versions so I can take advantage the higher-audio quality afforded in my LinearPCM masters with the CD audio in the wave format versus the lossy mp3's I was using. It shouldn't be too big a deal, since I'm not scoring from scratch, but as I mentioned in the previous post, I was working on remasters for episodes 53-55 as far as the UNSCORED audio and the scoring of the audio tracks, but that can't be completed until I get the CD's in. But, when I do update, it's going to big a BIG update. I'll be releasing my remastered(and FINAL) versions of episodes 53-56(53-54 significant scoring changes, 55 a few timing bits, and 56 mostly just using the higher audio quality of the CD tracks, since I'm still pretty happy with it looking back), along with episode 57. There should be no more backtracking on my part after this, so hopefully everyone will be able to look forward to new episode releases from this point forward!

In the meantime, I might make a bit of a preview video of some of the various android stuff I've scored. . .if anyone has any interest. It seems like my project is gaining a bit of steam on youtube. Plus, since somehow my megaupload stats decided to unfreeze, there roughly seems to be around 50 or so people who've downloaded each release. I hope once I start releasing the android stuff, it'll definitely perk more people's interest.

That's about it for now I suppose.
Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/auNXDruqEb
Dragon Ball Z Kai: Ultimate International Edtion + Super: Ultra Instinct Cut http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... 07#p491107

saiyanprimalforce
Beyond Newbie

Post by saiyanprimalforce » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:49 pm

Not to double post, but I've posted a Faulconer comparison between my original cut, and my newly finished, finalized remaster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO95plOQnEU

I'm much, much happier with 53 now. I had too much silence in that episode, but it was my first real shot at scoring Faulconer. That, and coycoy88's rips that do come so in handy, hehe.

I will probably make a video for 54 as well when I have that finished. 55 I think is just a few tweaks, so I probably won't bother. Anyways, hope everyone enjoys the new versions!
Dragon Ball Z Kai: Ultimate International Edtion + Super: Ultra Instinct Cut http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... 07#p491107

saiyanprimalforce
Beyond Newbie

Post by saiyanprimalforce » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:34 pm

****New Video****

Dragonball Z Kai MRS: Ocean Dub Music Concept

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd3XDEfw8cA
Another concept video by me testing out the Original American Ocean Dub Score by Shuki Levy. This is more of just a test to possibly use Levy's music for my eventual American OST track for the first 30 episodes or so of Kai(once I finish episode 98, I mean). I'm personally kinda iffy about trying to score Faulconer for those first 30ish episodes, mainly because none of Faulconer's music was made for the saiyan and namek archs. . .and vice-versa for the Shuki Levy score, even though I tested it here on the 17/18 battle.

What do you guys think? I'm still pretty undecided on this matter. I suppose I"ll eventually have to test both out on an actual early episode, and see how it works. . .but eh, just felt like experimenting abit these past couple of days. Still waiting on one more CD to come in before I can continue my remastering work. . .
Strangely, I've been kinda experimental feeling this weekend. Still waiting on the 1st Kai OST to come in so I can at least get started on upgrading Yamamoto's score. Recreating what you've already done is kinda tedious work, unfortunately. Oh well, live and learn I guess.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:54 pm

This is quite a bit of work, like you said. Have you considered putting together a team? A group of people you trust who can help out so that you can put a new episode out more often? Obviously you would be the supervisor, but it might be an interesting experiment. I would like to get some more episodes and eventually reauthor my Blu-Rays with the updated scores. It would be really cool to get the whole series. Maybe after that you can try re-scoring the movies with Falconor and Kai OSTs.

saiyanprimalforce
Beyond Newbie

Post by saiyanprimalforce » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:41 am

Hey guys, I know it's been a while since I last checked in. Just thought I give a quick update. I can't say I've worked on the project much until this past week, but now can gladly say I finally have episodes 53-58 all updated with my CD lossless tracks, so the big roadblock toward my motivation is pretty much gone now. I have a change of plans though from what I originally announced about releasing episode 57 along with my remastered 53-56. I currently only have 53 finalized, so instead of waiting till I manage to finalize them in order, I'll be releasing 57 by itself in the next couple of days since it's been so long, and eventually release the remastered 53-56 together in a pack with a youtube video. Episode 58 shouldn't be too long after that, but now that I'm back on an episode-to-episode basis, I shouldn't feel like there's a mountain I have to climb before I see any progress--though I still have to replace 59-65(sans Faulconer for 64 and 65, though I'll most likely be making tweaks and changes anyway).

In short, Part 5 has been nothing short of a disaster for me, considering I should have started out with lossless CD tracks in the first place, but oh well, live and learn. Parts 6, 7 and 8, should definitely go smoother since I won't have to be re-tracing my steps. In fact, I've started working on making Unscored tracks for Part 6, setting up my canvas so to speak, so when I get to Part 6, I can go right to it and not have to waste time setting thing up. I used to do everything episode by episode, but that REALLY gets old fast. I'm currently on episode 70, but when I finish, I might release them in one go for those who like to make their own rescores and whatnot. I'd release Part 5 unscored, but I don't have 62-65 unscored yet, but I'll probably do that when I finish doing Part 6.

Anyways, hope I didn't leave anyone thinking I'd gone AWOL. So, for the moment, I have a couple new videos in a series meant to document any differences between my MRS Yamamoto score and the Original as aired. Meant to do this a while ago, but never got quite too it, but anyways, here the changes/extensions from Episode 53.

***Freeza's Death***

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4N2ft70 ... e=youtu.be

***The Grand Elder and Vegeta***

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzSQknvG ... e=youtu.be

Innagadadavida wrote:This is quite a bit of work, like you said. Have you considered putting together a team? A group of people you trust who can help out so that you can put a new episode out more often? Obviously you would be the supervisor, but it might be an interesting experiment. I would like to get some more episodes and eventually reauthor my Blu-Rays with the updated scores. It would be really cool to get the whole series. Maybe after that you can try re-scoring the movies with Falconor and Kai OSTs.
I hadn't really thought of gathering up a team. I'm not sure if that would work out or not. Not to mention having everyone on the same page--since life does get in the way for us all at times. Really, it wouldn't be so bad if I had the lossless CD audio from the start, but as I said above, live and learn, lol. Nevertheless, I expect things will start going much smoother since I won't be double dipping on the others like Part 5 here. As far as rescoring the movies. ..I don't know. If there's people who'd like that, once I'm completely done with Kai, I might give it a shot. I'd certainly say it's pretty fun to score dbz, and the movies would certainly be LOADS easier as far as workload. :)

Time will tell.

saiyanprimalforce
Beyond Newbie

Post by saiyanprimalforce » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:20 am

******Episode 57 Update*****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWrWAXez ... e=youtu.be

Well, I guess I exaggerated about the couple of days thing, but who cares. First release of the new year!

Well in with the new year, and hopefully the first of many DBZK MRS updates!
There are a couple of things to note. For those that have been following me from my original batch of episodes, and wondered about the lack of updates--this was due to my decision to redo my work with CD Lossless audio(As much as there is that is released from all 3 scores, anyways). It may have caused a long delay, but I think you'll notice the crystal clear quality a lot of the pieces have now compared to before--even through the youtube video above you can hopefully hear the difference in clarity.

I know I said I would release my remasters of 53-56 along with 57, but to be honest, it's a tall order, so I chose instead to go ahead and get a new episode out to you guys. The remaster's are on the way though. I'll release them in a download/youtube video batch like my regular episode updates. I've made quite a few changes/additions to 53-56, the biggest facelifts going toward Faulconer 54/56.

And on one last note, I've decided to remove my isolated/dvd compliant audios from the downloads to keep the file sizes slimmer. I still plan on making these available, but either as a complete Part 5 download package or split up by Disc 1 and Disc 2 as far as the episode order. I'm also plan on releasing my unscored tracks in the same manner. In fact, I've already started preliminary work on Part 6 as far as that. . .but I better not talk about Part 6 right now, lol.

So, hopefully you guys will enjoy. I think this is my most polished effort yet!

Thanks to everyone who's subscribed and commented on my videos. This journey has only just begun!

(And thanks once again to kei17(theworlddbz) and coycoy88 for their respective unreleased rips. You guys have made my job much easier!)
And with that, only one more episode away till we get to the really good stuff with Number 19 and Gero. . .

Aoi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Aoi » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:48 am

This is absolutely fantastic. I'm shocked that this exists. Thank you so much for this!

Aoi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Aoi » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:51 am

Quick question. I just downloaded you sound files. I was wondering if the purpose of them was for us to upload the DB Kai episodes (from either youtube or our actual DVDs) and replace the music with the ones that you have provided? I have a Mac, so I could use "i movie" for this easily.

Again, thank you so much!

saiyanprimalforce
Beyond Newbie

Post by saiyanprimalforce » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:49 am

Aoi wrote:Quick question. I just downloaded you sound files. I was wondering if the purpose of them was for us to upload the DB Kai episodes (from either youtube or our actual DVDs) and replace the music with the ones that you have provided? I have a Mac, so I could use "i movie" for this easily.

Hey, thanks for the compliment! Very much apperciated!

As far as your question, I'm not sure what you exactly mean by "upload" the DB Kai episodes--I suppse you mean rip the footage, right? If so yeah. You take your dvd or blu ray rip, and apply the audios to the video file. If you have blu ray rips, then all you have to do is join the audio to the proper video files, and that's it. No synching necessary. If your doing dvd, then you'll probably have to mauually synch it since dvd rips are a bit messy.

You'll also have to convert the frames-per-second of the audio to he dvd fps, if that's what you'll be using, as the blu ray audio is set at 23.976 fps. I think the proper dvd fps is 29.97. You can use the program I use to convert the fps of audio(BeSweet and Belight), and it really shouldn't be a problem. Although, once I release the episode 61,

I plan on making a mega-pack with my audios for both the first disc of the blu ray and dvd of Part 5--the dvd pack will all be converted properly to the dvd fps. I know I offered them in my original 56 update(as well as Isoloated tracks), but it's rather time-consuming to convert the audios, and a couple people didn't like downloading a 500 mb rar for 3 audios, along with the fact I know a few people are waiting for me to actually complete an actual set of episodes so that can make their own custom dvds/blu rays, so it makes more sense to just wait until then. But again, all you have to do is convert it using BeSweet and Belight, since that's what I do anyways.

And on that note, I would like to ask a general question to anyone in the forum that can answer this, but what episode exactly does the first disc of Part 5 end on? Is it episode 61(Vegeta's Super Saiyan transformation), the same as the blu ray, or something different?

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:16 pm

saiyanprimalforce wrote:And on that note, I would like to ask a general question to anyone in the forum that can answer this, but what episode exactly does the first disc of Part 5 end on? Is it episode 61(Vegeta's Super Saiyan transformation), the same as the blu ray, or something different?
The last episode of the first disk of Part 5 on the DVD set is Episode 59 as for the Blu-ray I have no clue.
If anyone has any of the DB/DBZ/DBGT or Maho Tsuaki Sally Japanese single DVD's that they'd be interested in selling send me a PM and I'll see if we can work something out. ;).

Aoi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Aoi » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:52 pm

-

Aoi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Aoi » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:23 pm

saiyanprimalforce wrote:
Aoi wrote:Quick question. I just downloaded you sound files. I was wondering if the purpose of them was for us to upload the DB Kai episodes (from either youtube or our actual DVDs) and replace the music with the ones that you have provided? I have a Mac, so I could use "i movie" for this easily.

Hey, thanks for the compliment! Very much apperciated!

As far as your question, I'm not sure what you exactly mean by "upload" the DB Kai episodes--I suppse you mean rip the footage, right? If so yeah. You take your dvd or blu ray rip, and apply the audios to the video file. If you have blu ray rips, then all you have to do is join the audio to the proper video files, and that's it. No synching necessary. If your doing dvd, then you'll probably have to mauually synch it since dvd rips are a bit messy.

You'll also have to convert the frames-per-second of the audio to he dvd fps, if that's what you'll be using, as the blu ray audio is set at 23.976 fps. I think the proper dvd fps is 29.97. You can use the program I use to convert the fps of audio(BeSweet and Belight), and it really shouldn't be a problem. Although, once I release the episode 61,

I plan on making a mega-pack with my audios for both the first disc of the blu ray and dvd of Part 5--the dvd pack will all be converted properly to the dvd fps. I know I offered them in my original 56 update(as well as Isoloated tracks), but it's rather time-consuming to convert the audios, and a couple people didn't like downloading a 500 mb rar for 3 audios, along with the fact I know a few people are waiting for me to actually complete an actual set of episodes so that can make their own custom dvds/blu rays, so it makes more sense to just wait until then. But again, all you have to do is convert it using BeSweet and Belight, since that's what I do anyways.

And on that note, I would like to ask a general question to anyone in the forum that can answer this, but what episode exactly does the first disc of Part 5 end on? Is it episode 61(Vegeta's Super Saiyan transformation), the same as the blu ray, or something different?
I just checked : 61 is the last episode on Disk 1 of DBZ Kai Part 5 . Every Blu Ray Box set carries 13 episodes. Nine on Disk 1 and Four on Disk 2.

Saiyanprimalforce, thanks a lot for the advice. Thankfully I have Kai on Blu Ray so it seems that the transfer will be easier for me. I just downloaded a good Blu Ray ripping program for Mac, so I'm set in that regard.

I have a question: Is there a way to possibly reinsert the edited episodes (with Yamamoto's music) back onto the Blu Ray disks for usage? Seems unlikely but I'm just curious. Also, the programs you suggested: "BeSweet and Belight", are they the ones you use to match the sound with the ripped video footage? I'm guessing that you just mix them and then just save the episodes on a USB port to play for later.

Thanks again man.

saiyanprimalforce
Beyond Newbie

Post by saiyanprimalforce » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:08 pm

Aoi wrote: I just checked : 61 is the last episode on Disk 1 of DBZ Kai Part 5 . Every Blu Ray Box set carries 13 episodes. Nine on Disk 1 and Four on Disk 2.

Saiyanprimalforce, thanks a lot for the advice. Thankfully I have Kai on Blu Ray so it seems that the transfer will be easier for me. I just downloaded a good Blu Ray ripping program for Mac, so I'm set in that regard.

I have a question: Is there a way to possibly reinsert the edited episodes (with Yamamoto's music) back onto the Blu Ray disks for usage? Seems unlikely but I'm just curious. Also, the programs you suggested: "BeSweet and Belight", are they the ones you use to match the sound with the ripped video footage? I'm guessing that you just mix them and then just save the episodes on a USB port to play for later.

Thanks again man.
Errr. . .I just meant the dvd disc. I have the blu ray's, so I already know the 13 per set episode count(well, except for Part 6 and the future 7 and 8) :lol: .

But anyways, I forgot to mention--the program I use to synch them up is called TSmuxer. You simply plug the blu rap ripped video in it, then add the audio track files, then Mux. . .and that's really all there is too it! But yeah, you can't do anything to the blu ray's itself, so best idea is to invest into a portable Hardrive. That's what I have my rips on so I can watch them on ps3 or whatever.

And on an official note, I suppose episode 59 will my first megapack release for DVD users. It'll be interesting to possibly get some feedback on the actual episodes from someone who's applied them. I haven't really had that happen yet(as far as I know). Anyways, besides 58 and 59, I have to finish finalizing my remasters of 54-56 before I can get to that. I'm currently working on finishing up my Unscored audio for Part 6. I might release those in a day or two. . .which'll leave me with 62-65 to finish up. I can't tell you how many times I've been asked how to separate the audio from the music. . . :lol:

saiyanprimalforce
Beyond Newbie

Post by saiyanprimalforce » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:36 pm

****New Video****

Dragonball Z Kai Part 6 Episode 77 Faulconer Preview - Super Vegeta Insert Song "The Dark Prince"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dp59hqwFu0

I couldn't help but share this. Such a great scene. Thanks to Scott Morgan for such a kick-ass theme!
Hey guys. I've finally started work on Part 6, and couldn't help but share this little sneak peak at my WIP Faulconer 77. It's occurred to me a while back that the one thing Faulconer score lacked that the other two have are insert songs. So thanks to the amazing Scott Morgan(one of the 3 guys responsible for the Faulconer Productions music for Z) and his great Z Album, I bring you the first insert song "The Dark Prince" to complement Vegeta's infamous Super Vegeta Transformation scene. I'm still shocked and amazed at how well it turned out. It's almost like Mr. Morgan actually wrote it to the scene itself! I honestly can't even say I had to work or struggle placing the piece. It just flows. I plan on using more of Scott Morgan's pieces for those really important moments, but you'll just have to wait and see for the others.

And thank you, Mr. Morgan, for such a great fitting piece.

Aoi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Aoi » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:23 am

Your choices for the Falconer tracks are fantastic. Not only that but I feel that you've effectively left the music out in the right spots to enhance the tension during some key moments there. Great job.

I have a question for you. I just downloaded your Yamamoto tracks for episodes: 53, 55, 56 and 57. You wouldn't have Episode 54 anywhere would you?
Thanks again.

saiyanprimalforce
Beyond Newbie

Post by saiyanprimalforce » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:18 pm

****New Video****

Dragonball Z Part 6 Unscored Audio Release + Video Commentary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp_mG3Ht ... zdJo0OToja
Hey guys. Well, after finishing making my unscored audio masters for Part 6, I've decided to release them! This is of course for those who'd like to make there own video's or scores or whatever, but don't know how to separate the music from the audio. A nice bonus of these, as you see in the video, is that I don't just use the Center-channel track, but keep as much of the Original Funi 5.1 mix(in stereo forum) as possible. Anyways, I know it's out of order, but I'll release Part 5 once I actually get around to doing the remaining 62-65. And until then, hope whoever wanted these has fun with them.

Aoi wrote:Your choices for the Falconer tracks are fantastic. Not only that but I feel that you've effectively left the music out in the right spots to enhance the tension during some key moments there. Great job.

I have a question for you. I just downloaded your Yamamoto tracks for episodes: 53, 55, 56 and 57. You wouldn't have Episode 54 anywhere would you?
Thanks again.
Thanks. Yeah, I try to keep an appropriate level of silence in the Faulconer version, but the early episodes I did were a little too conservative in that matter, but also because I wasn't really familiar with the music itself(beyond a few key themes).

As far as episode 54, I had a video and download link originally until youtube took down the video(from a toei copyright notice apparently. . .no clue how that happened other than someone directly reporting the video), and I kinda forgot about replacing it, though now I'm waiting to release the improved version of 54 along with the others (53-56) once I finish properly. Although, with the recent death of megaupload, all my links are dead now except for the Unscored audio above. Guess it's more incentive for me to quit pushing them off and try to get them out there so I can get the proverbial monkey off my back.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:27 pm

So I know you started at Part 6 and stuff... But are you going to go back to Part 1 after you have completed it? Seems kinda strange to start right in the middle. I would be interested in seeing it from the beginning.

saiyanprimalforce
Beyond Newbie

Post by saiyanprimalforce » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:27 am

Innagadadavida wrote:So I know you started at Part 6 and stuff... But are you going to go back to Part 1 after you have completed it? Seems kinda strange to start right in the middle. I would be interested in seeing it from the beginning.
I suppose you meant I started on Part 5(since I'm currently scoring Part 6 atm), but the reason I started on Part 5 and not Part 1 is easy. Part's 1-4 are completely watchable and enjoyable with Yamamoto's score. Parts 5-8 are not. There's not much more to it than that. They are my priority, and what I created MRS for--too fix them. Rescoring Parts 1-4 is just a fun bonus sort of thing to me, not the necesscity to enjoy that portion of Kai.

But yes, I do plan to do Part's 1-4 once I have finished Parts 5-8. A Kikuchi score is definitely a lock. The American OST on the other hand, I'm not too sure. I'm leaning on using the original Ocean music for the first 30 episodes or so until Faulconer came in with Season 3. But unlike Faulconer, I'll most likely have Ocean be constant music, since it's more economical to me given how the tracks on the Ocean Dub soundtrack are composed(there aren't any segues or ends). Plus, it'd certainly be nostalgic. I may even have half one episode be Ocean and the second half be Faulconer if the switch from Season 2-3 takes place at half the episode, but I can't recall if that's how it happens or not.

Anyways, that's the current plan, and I'll most likely certainly experiment before I plunge into commuting to an American OST for Parts 1-4, but Kikuchi is definitely happening.

On a more general note, I've completed scoring for 66, 76, and 77. I'm jumping from the beginings and ends of Part 6 to eventually meet up in the middle, so my next episode will be 67. My main focus for the next 2-3 weeks will be completing work on Part 6, so I don't think I'll be releasing anything(besides my links pretty much all being dead save Part 6 silent). But I'll try to keep my channel and you guys updated with a few videos here and there. I'll also try to get out Part 5 Unscored audios finally, though I'm nto sure if anyone really cares about that without me providing any video like Ani-Nation, lol. Oh well.

Just rest assured, once I have Part 6 completed, I will be hellbent on finally getting 53-59 out the door to you guys, and start releasing the rest of Part 5 soon after that. Part 8 will probably be 3 months from Part 7's release, so I should be able to take my time with it while I focus on actually catching up on releasing episodes, but we'll see how that plays out I suppose.

saiyanprimalforce
Beyond Newbie

Post by saiyanprimalforce » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:06 pm

*****Two New Video Updates!*****

Dragonball Z Kai MRS Episode 76 Kikuchi Preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiJQgBOqjgE
So I"m back with another update on my progress with Part 6. This time I've chosen to highlight my Kikuchi track since I think my last few videos have been more centered around Faulconer/Yamamoto. Not much to say, other than this is another WIP(work-in-progress) video that I'm putting up to keep you guys updated until I can actually get back to working on releasing actual episode updates. I've started work on finalizing my remasters for 53-56. . .but it's a bit of a slow process.

Anyways, I'll have another vid uploaded shortly to make up for the longer than intended absence. And yes, I know I need to reupload my old download links, but I"ll wait until I get the remasters done and out so we can relaunch MRS in a proper fashion.

Dragonball Z Kai MRS Android 16 vs Cell Faulconer Preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwK-DpyW8-Q
And here is my second video in one day! Title says it all. 16 vs Cell with Faulconer. I'm pretty happy with how this turned out. But do note, this is, of course, a WIP(work-in-process), so there might be a a couple small music editing glitches here or there. But all in all, I very much think my Faulconer scoring skills have improved more than quite abit since I first started. Hope you guys enjoy!
So with this update, this puts me up to 5 episodes completed on Part 6(66,67, 75-76). Honestly, I think I'm a bit wiped, so considering Part 7 doesn't come out(if it still is) until March 20th, I think I'm going to take a short break from scoring Part 6, and work on getting Part 5 caught up to speed again. I might try to get Part 5's silent audios done, so that will most likely be my next update. Otherwise, I've started to slowly go through finalizing 53-56's tracks so I can finally get those done. . .but as stated in the youtube video description, that process is going a bit slow. . .but I'm just trying to take things a day at a time. I certainly haven't been speeding any real time on them, as scoring takes up so much time in itself.

Anyways guys, hope you enjoy, and hopefully soon before you know it, I'll be on the path to release episodes 58 and 59 finally!

saiyanprimalforce
Beyond Newbie

Post by saiyanprimalforce » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:26 pm

Hey guys. I thought I'd drop in to give a quick update. . .and a bit of a request.

I have nothing new to report as far as more completed material, but I've picked back up a more important project of mine(working on a novel), and to be honest, I should have been working on that more instead of the crazy amount of time I've invested into this project. Anyway, I'm not saying I'm quitting or anything, but this brings me to what I'm interested in asking.

I was wondering if anyone might be interested in volume mixing my unscored tracks with my music tracks. As it stands(for the most part), I'm basically sitting on Part 5(minus scattered audio tracks), and what I've done on Part 6, but what holds me back from release is volume leveling them properly. I've obviously been doing everything myself up until this point, but given the already limited time I have to work on scoring the episodes, having to level the volume as well will basically put this project going at a snails pace for a very long, long time.

But I remembered Innagadadavida's suggestion a while back of maybe "having a team" so episode audio's could be released faster. I can still handle scoring by myself, but it would certainly be a big boon to me if one or two would be interested in helping out with the volume mixing. It would let me focus solely on scoring, and releases could definitely be much more timely. Otherwise, as seeing I'm technically still trying to perfect the volume on the Yamamoto track for episode 53. . .it could turn out to be a very long haul. It really is a bit too much work for one person(especially not getting paid, lol!).

So, I'd just thought I'd reach out to the community and see if anyone would be interested. I can easily provide the necessary materials(the unscored and music tracks, the program I use, a working vid file for editing playback). So really, it just comes down to if anyone is willing to lend a helping hand, and be able to properly mix the volumes. I would be extremely grateful if this is the case. If not, I can't really say when I will be able to get through and relaunch the release properly starting with 53-56.

Anyways, just thought I'd put this out there to see if there's any interest.