Dragonbox 2 outragous price.....

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

orangebrick94
Beyond Newbie

Dragonbox 2 outragous price.....

Post by orangebrick94 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:14 pm

redlinks
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Dragonbox 2 outragous price.....

Post by redlinks » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:18 pm

It's over 9000!!!!
- Been a Dragon Ball fan ever since 1995 (at the time, I was 7 years old).
- I prefer Saffron Henderson's Kid Gohan and Kid Goku over Stephanie Nadolny's.
- I still hope for a redub of Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z with FUNimation's current cast.
- I prefer to watch Dragon Ball Z with the Faulconer Score, however I do not mind the original Japanese score.

Krycek7o2
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Krycek7o2 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:29 pm

redlinks wrote:It's over 9000!!!!
I hate to admit it but, I laughed...
I don't understand how people didn't buy it when it was widely available. FUNimation did state they were "limited time" only releases.

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:38 pm

I find it more realistically amusing that you can trade it in, to Amazon, for $121.50. I might have to go hunting for copies just to trade to Amazon. :P
"You don't know what you're talking about. You're not very smart, and the things you're saying are nonsense. And I'm not angry. But you do need to shut up." - Tycho Brahe

redlinks
Not-So-Newbie

Post by redlinks » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:40 pm

Krycek7o2 wrote:
I don't understand how people didn't buy it when it was widely available. FUNimation did state they were "limited time" only releases.
lol I laughed too when I saw that price. Ironically enough, Vegeta is on the front cover. Anyway, I think a lot of people didn't expect it to expire so quickly. It came to me as quite a shocker that they stopped producing copies soon after the seventh and final release. I guess we'll all know next time that when they say "limited release" we'll take have to it more seriously. Thankfully, I own all the Dragon boxes with 6 & 7 on order.
- I still hope for a redub of Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z with FUNimation's current cast.
- I prefer to watch Dragon Ball Z with the Faulconer Score, however I do not mind the original Japanese score.

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:41 pm

Krycek7o2 wrote:
*slow clap* Well played, good sir.

I hate that meme...but I gotta hand it to him, it was the one time it where it was apropriate (9000,1? Too good lol) :lol:

Seriously though, the 60 bucks I had to fork out for my Box 2 looks like a steal compared to that. Damn.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:13 pm

Krycek7o2 wrote:I don't understand how people didn't buy it when it was widely available. FUNimation did state they were "limited time" only releases.
Because not everybody has money to spend on what they want to all the time. Some people need to spend money on the stuff they need.

Rukura

Post by Rukura » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:18 pm

For sure. Priorities take over. That's why I was only able to start getting them recently :oops: Box 3 on the way though, only 4 more :D
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

Gozar
Advanced Regular

Post by Gozar » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:19 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:I find it more realistically amusing that you can trade it in, to Amazon, for $121.50. I might have to go hunting for copies just to trade to Amazon. :P
Must head out and hunt some down =O

funrush

Post by funrush » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:19 pm

I thought the exact same thing when I saw the price.

Jusenkyo_Guide

Post by Jusenkyo_Guide » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:20 pm

orangebrick94 wrote:http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... ition=newI cant beileve this!!
I really don't understand this pricing... I mean, this is obviously a play on the "Over 9,000", but I don't think this pricing on a new copy via eBay is: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DragonBall-Z-Dr ... 4fbadb4759

Especially as the same seller is offering a used copy for only $77 http://www.ebay.com/itm/DragonBall-Z-Dr ... 4fb8280f68

Also, someone seems to be selling Boxes 1-6 New for only $299 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dragon-Ball-Z-B ... 500wt_1180

So who in their right mind would pay the other seller $1,141.20 for just Box 2, when they could have the first 6 for 1/4th the price?!

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:49 pm

That trade in... THe greed in me really regrets selling my 3rd new one for 56$ a few months ago and returning the 4th new one for a 34$ refund ><

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:41 pm

Best trolling ever! I can't believe I actually laughed at it.

redlinks
Not-So-Newbie

Post by redlinks » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:18 pm

Rukura wrote:
Krycek7o2 wrote:
*slow clap* Well played, good sir.

I hate that meme...but I gotta hand it to him, it was the one time it where it was apropriate (9000,1? Too good lol) :lol:

Seriously though, the 60 bucks I had to fork out for my Box 2 looks like a steal compared to that. Damn.
btw, I'm a she. (: EDIT: If you were talkin' about me anyway. But yeah, the meme annoys me too but I felt that this was an appropriate time to use it. xD
Last edited by redlinks on Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:57 pm

I gotta hand it to em, I actually laughed even if the meme has gotten old.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Krycek7o2
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Krycek7o2 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:52 pm

Rory wrote:
Krycek7o2 wrote:I don't understand how people didn't buy it when it was widely available. FUNimation did state they were "limited time" only releases.
Because not everybody has money to spend on what they want to all the time. Some people need to spend money on the stuff they need.

After almost two years, that's not a valid excuse. More like carelessness at this point.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:54 pm

I hate the meme with a passion too and I actually got a laugh out of this.

Squall

Post by Squall » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:16 am

A funny thing that I noticed is that I posted a listing on ebay for volume 2, and I think the same guy from Amazon with that $9,000 listing is bidding on it. If I knew that Amazon trade in was over $100, I would have traded it in to them instead. :(

jnj13

Post by jnj13 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:37 am

Yeah, good luck getting that full gift card amount for a trade-in. I think the "up to" qualifier will certainly come into play for this.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:49 am

Wow 9000 Dollars? :lol: I can get the 9 thousand, But how I'm I going to get the shipping money lol
Man you would have thought he/she would have made the shipping free lol
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!