Dragonbox 2 outragous price.....

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ3_Gogeta
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Dragonbox 2 outragous price.....

Post by SSJ3_Gogeta » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:17 pm

I'm baffled as to why Box 2 costs $100 while the others are around $35. :?

As for the $9000 box, that must have been very amusing.

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:40 pm

I'm gonna make an outrageous prediction here:

In early 2012? DragonBox reissues sans all the swag (i.e. - regular brick/clamshell releases of just the discs).

You heard it here first, folks. Unless someone else already said it. In which case they stole it from my brain, of course. :P
"You don't know what you're talking about. You're not very smart, and the things you're saying are nonsense. And I'm not angry. But you do need to shut up." - Tycho Brahe

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:49 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:I'm gonna make an outrageous prediction here:

In early 2012? DragonBox reissues sans all the swag (i.e. - regular brick/clamshell releases of just the discs).

You heard it here first, folks. Unless someone else already said it. In which case they stole it from my brain, of course. :P
I'm pretty sure something like that's been mentioned here before. I've been holding out hope that one day something like that gets released in case one of my discs gets ruined. It might not happen though.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

MajinVejitaXV

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:57 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:

I'm pretty sure something like that's been mentioned here before. I've been holding out hope that one day something like that gets released in case one of my discs gets ruined. It might not happen though.
It's FUNimation. It'll happen. Trust me. FUNimation LOVES reissuing material. I'm pretty sure they only have like 5 shows, but they keep reissuing them over and over to deceive us into thinking they have dozens. ;p
"You don't know what you're talking about. You're not very smart, and the things you're saying are nonsense. And I'm not angry. But you do need to shut up." - Tycho Brahe

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:47 pm

I don't think it'll happen. I assume Funi's already on a strict contract, considering they sold the DBoxes for so cheap, I don't think rereleases will happen.

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:54 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:

It's FUNimation. It'll happen. Trust me. FUNimation LOVES reissuing material. I'm pretty sure they only have like 5 shows, but they keep reissuing them over and over to deceive us into thinking they have dozens. ;p
Dragon Ball/Z/GT, Yu Yu Hakusho, One Piece...uh...um.

MajinVejitaXV

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:05 pm

funrush wrote:I don't think it'll happen. I assume Funi's already on a strict contract, considering they sold the DBoxes for so cheap, I don't think rereleases will happen.
And why do you assume this? Have they ever said anything? I've seen speculation out the ass but nothing solid.

funrush

Post by funrush » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:52 pm

I pretty much threw it out of my ass, I'll admit that. What really influenced it was the fact that it's a "limited release".

MajinVejitaXV

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:35 pm

funrush wrote:I pretty much threw it out of my ass, I'll admit that. What really influenced it was the fact that it's a "limited release".

And yet every other 'limited release' they have done has seen multiple re-releases. Just saying. Plus, their new marketing that shows the different releases of Z? Kinda odd to do if they were already putting the DragonBoxes out of print.

Trust me. New stripped down releases are coming, further confusing the market I'm sure. ;p

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:34 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote: It's FUNimation. It'll happen. Trust me. FUNimation LOVES reissuing material. I'm pretty sure they only have like 5 shows, but they keep reissuing them over and over to deceive us into thinking they have dozens. ;p
They have a lot more then five. http://www.funimation.com/shows-details

funrush

Post by funrush » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:23 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:
funrush wrote:I pretty much threw it out of my ass, I'll admit that. What really influenced it was the fact that it's a "limited release".

And yet every other 'limited release' they have done has seen multiple re-releases. Just saying. Plus, their new marketing that shows the different releases of Z? Kinda odd to do if they were already putting the DragonBoxes out of print.

Trust me. New stripped down releases are coming, further confusing the market I'm sure. ;p
Wait, what other shows under the "limited release" label have been released?

DBfan4life
Beyond Newbie

Post by DBfan4life » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:24 am

funrush wrote:Wait, what other shows under the "limited release" label have been released?
Well, one example would be Phantom-Requiem for the Phantom. It is being re-released except this time they have it as a BD/DVD combo release.

Thanos

Post by Thanos » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:41 am

WHAT!? The Dragon Boxes are limited release!? I was planning on buying these after I got some extra money. I just died a little. :(
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:54 am

Thanos wrote:WHAT!? The Dragon Boxes are limited release!? I was planning on buying these after I got some extra money. I just died a little. :(
Indeed, I believe we found out shortly after box 2.

GizmoKSX
Beyond Newbie

Post by GizmoKSX » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:33 am

Pokewhiz7 wrote:
MajinVejitaXV wrote: It's FUNimation. It'll happen. Trust me. FUNimation LOVES reissuing material. I'm pretty sure they only have like 5 shows, but they keep reissuing them over and over to deceive us into thinking they have dozens. ;p
Dragon Ball/Z/GT, Yu Yu Hakusho, One Piece...uh...um.
Oh, and Kai; can't forget about Kai.

For anyone tempted to spend an outrageous amount on this set, do the math and figure out what fraction you're spending on the "Bulma and the Crab" filler.
I can see their parachutes.

KakaR0T
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KakaR0T » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:46 am

Do you think it's a good idea to buy the other Dragonboxes while they are still around $30 and then sell them for like $100 when they are all gone?

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:22 pm

KakaR0T wrote:Do you think it's a good idea to buy the other Dragonboxes while they are still around $30 and then sell them for like $100 when they are all gone?
If you are willing to screw over others who are stressing to start their collection now, go ahead.

This is probably why DBox 2 is nowhere to be found at its original price.

Just wait till I get all mine then go right ahead :lol:

But seriously, why do this? Just to make some extra cash for yourself while screwing over someone who wasn't able to buy it at it's true price before-hand, and are now forced to over pay for it...

Krycek7o2
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Krycek7o2 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:59 pm

dprez wrote:
KakaR0T wrote:But seriously, why do this? Just to make some extra cash for yourself while screwing over someone who wasn't able to buy it at it's true price before-hand, and are now forced to over pay for it...
Supply and demand. It's that simple!

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:39 pm

I remember having to pay inflated prices for DVDs of Tenchi Muyo a few years back, since it was long out of print and Geneon/Pioneer was dead.

Of course, Funimation has since re-licensed the Tenchi material (though it hasn't released any of it), so I paid more for nothing, but hey, shit happens.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:58 pm

Krycek7o2 wrote:
dprez wrote:
KakaR0T wrote:But seriously, why do this? Just to make some extra cash for yourself while screwing over someone who wasn't able to buy it at it's true price before-hand, and are now forced to over pay for it...
Supply and demand. It's that simple!
Capitalist idealism that shits all over the little man...