Shueisha DBZ "Animanga" Volumes

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:37 pm

Demi wrote:
Toriyama's new Color mangas! (release: dec.2005)
...way to get my hopes up.
I know! When I read the title of the thread I thought Toriyama was writing a sequel tankoubon that was going to take place post-28th budokai and pre-GT (I was all "NMZ5 was pre-GT but post Uub's training, ergo...!" :P ).
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:41 pm

I know! When I read the title of the thread I thought Toriyama was writing a sequel tankoubon that was going to take place post-28th budokai and pre-GT (I was all "NMZ5 was pre-GT but post Uub's training, ergo...!" :P).
:( I agree, Dayspring. I'd love to see Toriyama complete DB himself, even though I do like GT. Maybe he could do something like Bejita's fan manga here on Daizex. ^_^
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:48 pm

That's why I got so ticked off at Dragonbox for posting it the way he did in the first place. He knew that the way he worded it was misleading and he refused to stop all through the thread. Everytime I or someone else clarified it, he'd post something misleading again and well you know how quickly things get blown out of proportion and become "fact" on the internet. >_> I can just see some clueless fanboys discussing "Toriyama's brand new DBZ manga all in colour" on GameFaqs as I write this. *shudders*
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:49 pm

Chaos Saiyajin wrote:
I know! When I read the title of the thread I thought Toriyama was writing a sequel tankoubon that was going to take place post-28th budokai and pre-GT (I was all "NMZ5 was pre-GT but post Uub's training, ergo...!" :P).
:( I agree, Dayspring. I'd love to see Toriyama complete DB himself, even though I do like GT. Maybe he could do something like Bejita's fan manga here on Daizex. ^_^
I keep expecting him to do a single tankoubon sequel starring Goku, Uub and Pan (4-5 year old). The dynamic would easily work: Pan's better at everything in their training than Uub since she has already trained a bit with Goku, and would also be the typical Son-kid, Uub would be timid like teen Gohan from the Great Saiyaman arc, and Goku would be present since he's the one training them. It wouldn't be anything big, but could introduce some old-school DB questing starring mainly Uub and Pan. How about Pilaf's last stand? :P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Mr. Robot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Mr. Robot » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:29 pm

First of all, Dragonbox2006, what the hell did that have to do with the topic?

Second of all, I don't see the point. Animanga? If you want the anime's artwork, see the anime. Then you also get the motion and music. If you want high quality ink drawings, buy the books.

This seems to be the worst of both worlds. The only reason someone might buy it in my opinion is because it is colored manga, but in that case why not just color the manga itself (that would also be much cooler than screenshots)?

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:45 pm

How about Pilaf's last stand? :P
:lol: I'd love to see that! I love your idea for a Z-sequel, Dayspring. That'd be really cool. ^_^ I'd like to see something like that, or a possible final rematch between Goku and Vegeta, with the two going SSJ3 against each other and battling it out as friends.

Didn't Toriyama-sensei say that it he was going to continue Dragonball, it'd be something about Mr.Satan? :lol: That'd probably be like DB, more comedy than action.
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:11 pm

Mmm...interesting notion, Mr. Satan...

A sequel to Dragon Ball done by Toriyama is kinda iffy in my opinion. Kinda like how bands make come-backs after years of hiatus and suck. It just wouldn't be the same.

But Pilaf would certainly make the perfect final villain. After all, he is the first tue enemy. 8)
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Eclipse
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Eclipse » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:39 pm

*PINHEAD* wrote:Mmm...interesting notion, Mr. Satan...

A sequel to Dragon Ball done by Toriyama is kinda iffy in my opinion. Kinda like how bands make come-backs after years of hiatus and suck. It just wouldn't be the same.

But Pilaf would certainly make the perfect final villain. After all, he is the first tue enemy. 8)
Too true. Too true

But that is crap. Animanga? Stupid. THIS is full color manga (It's paint, but it'll have to do)

SuperFusion
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperFusion » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:47 pm

I'd hate a colored manga if it came out like that.. :|
Last edited by SuperFusion on Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eclipse
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Eclipse » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:06 pm

SuperFusion wrote:I hate a colred manga if it came out like that.. :|
Lol. BLAME PAINT!

But seriously, what is up with Toei? I mean, there's the manga, the new editions, why do they need to release screencaps? That is a waste of time. Only difference is....
1) The artists will tend to change over time, making it irregular
2) Filler! Oh noes!

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:15 pm

Mr. Robot wrote: This seems to be the worst of both worlds. The only reason someone might buy it in my opinion is because it is colored manga, but in that case why not just color the manga itself (that would also be much cooler than screenshots)?
I could also see someone getting them if they were just an avid collector of anything relating to Dragonball.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:55 am

Eclipse wrote:
*PINHEAD* wrote:Mmm...interesting notion, Mr. Satan...

Too true. Too true

But that is crap. Animanga? Stupid. THIS is full color manga (It's paint, but it'll have to do)
That's not full colored Manga.

This is full colored Manga.

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:27 am

And so is this...

And this...

I did know that SSJ3 Goku was a paint image though, just posting some examples.
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:08 am

Heh. Why don't you post a scan or two from the 3rd Tale in Volume 39, Bejiita?

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:41 am

Duo wrote:Heh. Why don't you post a scan or two from the 3rd Tale in Volume 39, Bejiita?
I don't have it, I only have a few pages I found on dragonballarena.
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:20 pm

Dayspring wrote:
sangofe wrote: All DBZ has been screencap-manga'd in France, and I believe some DBGT too.
What?! By who?
**Is still waiting for answer to this claim**

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:26 pm

Dayspring wrote:
Dayspring wrote:
sangofe wrote: All DBZ has been screencap-manga'd in France, and I believe some DBGT too.
What?! By who?
**Is still waiting for answer to this claim**
In "D-mangas", it's called now. I think it used to be called something with club dorethee magazine, I have some somewhere...

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:00 pm

Bejiita wrote:And so is this...

Why is Goku wearing orange gi during the first time he met Roshi?

Mr. Robot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Mr. Robot » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:16 pm

I think it would be awesome to see a colored version (in the same style as what portion is already colored) of the manga.

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:52 pm

Son Goku's gi tends to change from time to time. For instance, he is shown wearing an orange gi during a colored segment of the original manga in their little encounter with Pilaf, yet on the next page he is shown with his original blue. I posted something about that about a year ago when I got the Kanzenban.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.