Zeq2 lite

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TRL
Beyond Newbie

Zeq2 lite

Post by TRL » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:33 pm

Hello,

I've been a long time follower of daizex, among kanzentai and some french sites it's a valuable source of my dbz info! I've actually joined 2 years ago already but for some reason I was banned without making a single post.
As a form of introduction I would like to also introduce you to dbz game.

How many of you have heard of zeq2 lite?

It originated as a quake 3 based mod, but is now downloadable as a standalone game.

The game really tries to focus on anime likeness both graphics and gameplay wise, but is still under constant development.
Check out some of these pics and tell me what you think.

Sorry for the bunch load of pics.
I've been in the community for 2 years now and this some of the best stuff I've seen come along on the forums.
You have to know that not all of these rendered models are in game yet and that a lot of the in game screenshots I posted actually feature community produced addons like maps and character edits.
The project is in fact open sourced and on a constant lookout for new talented people to help along. It makes for a very interesting journey to follow on the forums, especially if the gaming itself isn't really your thing (which is my case). It being dbz themed, I thought it might something you guys could enjoy as well.

Anyway enjoy! And I hope to not get an instant ban this time around again! :) :lol:

If you want to check it out here's the official site and their moddb page.

http://zeq2.com/lite/
http://www.moddb.com/games/zeq2lite

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Re: Zeq2 lite

Post by songohan619 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:54 pm

:O Those Charactermodels are amazing!

TRL
Beyond Newbie

Post by TRL » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:09 pm

Yup they are huh.

Although they don't have as much polygons as some of the next gen commercial dbz games, they focus on accuracy more which makes them more appealing to me.

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:29 pm

TRL wrote:Yup they are huh.

Although they don't have as much polygons as some of the next gen commercial dbz games, they focus on accuracy more which makes them more appealing to me.
Yeah, they kinda look like a mix of Burst Limit, Raging Blast and Budokai 3.

Super Saiyajin Luffy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super Saiyajin Luffy » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:35 pm

I'm more interested into the game engine itself rather then the character models...
Any videos out there, which explains me the engine?
DragonBall Xenoverse Fighting Mechanics breakdown
The DragonBall Xenoverse pre-release Q&A and general information post
Rukura about Sparking Omega wrote:I'm imagining people from Namco Bandai looking at these big sites talking about the announcement and them going "Wait....what?! Did we do that? Are we doing that? *turns to Spike* Are you people doing that?"
DB Xenoverse is not a DBZ simulator with fighting elements, it's a semi competent fighting/action game with DBZ simulation elements.

TRL
Beyond Newbie

Post by TRL » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:49 pm

Super Saiyajin Luffy wrote:I'm more interested into the game engine itself rather then the character models...
Any videos out there, which explains me the engine?
Not really a video about that I'm afraid. But it's basically a modified version of ioquake3. The open source Quake 3 engine.

You could look up that engine with google.

DonieZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DonieZ » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:20 pm

So what kind of game is this, a fighting game? Action game? And does it play on a mouse?

TRL
Beyond Newbie

Post by TRL » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:28 pm

DonieZ wrote:So what kind of game is this, a fighting game? Action game? And does it play on a mouse?
I'd say somewhere between a fighter and a shooter. There's aiming beams and kiblasts involved but also Melee fighting with timing hits and blocks. No real melee combos though. It's more like Dbz Legends or Supersonic Warriors in that sense.

I guess this is a good show of the gameplay and you will hear some of the awesome music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W7YjdrbyqE

And here's an awesome sort of storymode cutscene video made by someone of the community to show what the game is capable off.
This is really worth the watch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4q5iNdD ... er&list=UL

TRL
Beyond Newbie

Post by TRL » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:44 am

Strange, I would've thought there'd be more interest.

I guess commercial games' marketing motors do make a difference.
I should've have dispatched all this media one bit at a time. Build up a hype. But hey I'm not trying to sell here. That would be illegal. :)

DarkGokuZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by DarkGokuZ » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:24 pm

Oh wow that looks cool. But when you say "It originated as a quake 3 based mod, but is now downloadable as a standalone game." does that mean I don't have to download quake 3 to play it? And could you give a download link? :D
digireign wrote: I vote to call it "Super Cyan."

TRL
Beyond Newbie

Post by TRL » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:30 pm

DarkGokuZ wrote:Oh wow that looks cool. But when you say "It originated as a quake 3 based mod, but is now downloadable as a standalone game." does that mean I don't have to download quake 3 to play it? And could you give a download link? :D
Sure, it's entirely free to download, without need of Quake 3.

Catch!

http://zeq2.com/lite/?page_id=33

The game updates regularly using a program called Tortoise SVN. So once in a while you can check for updates.

Tenshinhan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenshinhan-san » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:11 am

This looks great! I think there is a lot of interest, but due to the fact that a lot of people are currently celebrating the holidays theres not so much activity. Also the name of the topic doesn't really give away a lot of information ;). I'm gonna try this game, happy holidays!

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:37 pm

It looks okay, but from that game play video I think it looks a bit let's say... the animations don't really look too fluid and that you can'd do too much. I'm not complaining, this is a fan made game and is very well made, but I think i'd rather stick with official games since my time is somehow limited.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:59 pm

TRL wrote:I've actually joined 2 years ago already but for some reason I was banned without making a single post.
:shock: How is that possible?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:42 pm

I tried ZEQ2 Lite a few years ago. TBH, ESF's gameplay is much, much better. ZEQ may look better than ESF (its already released versions, at least), but ESF: Final will make ZEQ eat dust. As long as ESFF gets released at all, that is.

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by cRookie_Monster » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:27 pm

- Scott
http://morganstudios.com

TRL
Beyond Newbie

Post by TRL » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:28 pm

cRookie_Monster wrote:The score ain't bad either :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/ZEQ2LiteOfficial
Hehe yeah exactly! The soundtrack reminiscent of Faulconer is one of the reasons I love this game.

@ hlev, sangofe: Yes I'd have to agree, the gameplay isn't up to par yet. But the game is under constant development so it can't hurt to be on the lookout. ;) Also Esf has one of the best animators around and that's exactly what Zeq2 is missing for the moment.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:35 pm

TRL wrote:
cRookie_Monster wrote:The score ain't bad either :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/ZEQ2LiteOfficial
Hehe yeah exactly! The soundtrack reminiscent of Faulconer is one of the reasons I love this game.
Heh, being a Kikuchi fan that soundtrack put me off :P

TRL
Beyond Newbie

Post by TRL » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:08 pm

Some more new pics, guys.
Showing off new super saiyan shaders and the last stand map (you know where that famous scouter scene happened).

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:42 pm

Wow, this reminds me of an updated "Bid for Power". This all looks really nice.