What are you working on?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ringworm128
Banned

What are you working on?

Post by Ringworm128 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:08 pm

So what projects are you working on? I'm currently working on a Dr Lychee fandub and a fanfic about Coola.

Silkman3003
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: What are you working on?

Post by Silkman3003 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:33 pm

Right now?
- Vegito vs Buuhan with Gt score(jpn music) or Yu yu Hakusho .

Got rid of the music from the fight. However, it has little to no sfx. So I'm trying to manually add in SFX. I'm gonna be recording my own Sfx with Raging Blast 1(bought a Roxio game capture for ps3. should arrive next week) too.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:08 pm

An Ocean styled fandub for DBZ starting with Episode 54 - Ginyu Assault.

Just waiting on those Vegeta, Krillin, Jeice and Ginyu lines.........
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:18 pm

A DB fic set a long time after the end of the main series (haven't decided on whether I'm following GT or not yet).

I'm also world-building for a novel inspired by Journey to the West and Greek myth.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:41 am

I'm currently working on a few things:
A Fanmanga
Finishing up the storyboard intro to DBAF fan project
And redesigning some of the main DBZ character to a more western cartoon style. I'm leaning towards a more Bruce Timm JLU kind of look (I'm just doing this to see if I can).

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:00 am

I'm working on GT: Revised, obviously. Progress on Chapter 14 has finally picked back up again. I plan to have that done by mid-month, and then have Chapter 15 ready to appropriately post on Valentine's Day.

Otherwise, I've been doing sketches for my next 4-panel mini-comic, while still trying to decide on a name for that particular entire new project.

I'm also still working bit by bit on my Movies Power Level list, if that counts.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:06 am

I'm working on another Dragonball related LittleBigPlanet level. I'm almost done too.
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

Silver Sinspawn
Advanced Regular

Post by Silver Sinspawn » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:59 am

I'm just chilling with the success of my Android 13 Falcon Punch video, other than that, I'm pretty busy with general "life" type things. But I am writing a rap parody of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, but Vegetafying it.
Oh, you think the Grand Tour is your ally, you merely stepped into the Grand Tour. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn’t see the Super until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but blinding!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:18 pm

Still working on some basic ideas for my fanfic, a post-Z-but-no-GT story, but I haven't actually started any writing yet. Other than a characters/plot document to cover the basics for me.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:21 pm

Working on a podcast about DBZ. Hopefully it takes off at some point. I think some folks will dig it.

In all seriousness, that "Bardock+" project is still waiting in the wings. At this point I'm really just hanging on for the DVD release of "Episode of Bardock" to include :P.

And that's... it? I mean, other than a website 'n shit.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Evilneon

Post by Evilneon » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:57 pm

I'm starting to work on a fan animation called "Dragonball Omega" . I'm doing one of the voices.

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:47 pm

Currently working on a new Mini AMV. Hopping to get it finished and uploaded by the start of next week. :)

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:25 am

I've got a few more fandubs planned. Z Kai, mostly and an Episode of Bardock clip here and there. I've also have another DPZ idea in the works where Krillin has his own spin on a "The Aristocrats" joke. Once my voice stops being affected by this cold. I have a brand-new mic to go along with these.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:43 pm

I'm thinking of redrawing a few of my old DB fan parodies I made as a kid now that I'm much better at drawing and I've also considered drawing my take on the major unexplored parts of Trunks' timeline like Goku facing Mecha Freeza and King Cold on Earth instead of Trunks.

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:17 pm

Restoring the original Yamamoto score to the english dub of Kai.
If anyone has any of the DB/DBZ/DBGT or Maho Tsuaki Sally Japanese single DVD's that they'd be interested in selling send me a PM and I'll see if we can work something out. ;).

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:51 pm

Gonstead wrote:An Ocean styled fandub for DBZ starting with Episode 54 - Ginyu Assault.

Just waiting on those Vegeta, Krillin, Jeice and Ginyu lines.........
At least I got my parts done for that!
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Tenshinhan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenshinhan-san » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:23 am

Working for about a year now on preparations for a DB-DBZ-DBGT all covering RPG. Inspirations are the 90s Japanese RPGs for NES/SNES and Attack of the Saiyans, as I feel those are the best DBZ games by far.

I'm making use of the RMVX Engine in combination with a lot of resources from the existing games and it's still gonna take a long time before it's anytime near release, but this is something I just have to do and do it well. I've seen tons of fan-based DBZ projects and they either suck or the ones that look promising end up being abandoned before the creators ever managed to finish them, which is really sad. I'm not gonna announce/spoil anything before I'm sure it's gonna be perfect and I'm at least past the 50% done milestone.

What I can say up front though, is that my base for the story/terminology/music/sfx etc. is the Japanese version as - to me - nothing beats the original. Not to be pessimistic, but don't expect an announcement before the end of this year at least. I hope you'll like what I have in mind!

.:PoetikaL:.
Regular

Post by .:PoetikaL:. » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:27 pm

I'm planning more DBZ wallpapers to make.
My Deviantart: http://poetikal.deviantart.com
My Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheycallmeBrod

"I beat Toguro, and after that I assumed everything else would just be a big ol' piece of cake. And then some rogue Spirit Detective has to go and open up the freakin' gates of Hell!" -Yusuke Urameshi

I think Tom Dubois of "The Boondocks" said it best for me when FUNimation announced the release of the domestic Dragonbox, after buying all of the Season Sets: "MOTHERFUCK!!! SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT, PRICKS, SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIIIIIIIT!"

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:19 pm

Redrawing chapter 1 & 2 of my fan manga and continuing from there...5 years later...the time has come...now that I look back at my work, lots of it is rather bad.
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:21 pm

My main project is a huge Dragon Ball Kai review that I hope to finish before the end of the summer, but apart from that I have some DBZ movie audio commentaries that I plan on recording soon.