My (really crappy/awesome) Manga Short!!!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Attitudefan
I Live Here

My (really crappy/awesome) Manga Short!!!

Post by Attitudefan » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:26 pm

Made in class with a mouse when I wasn't supposed to. It was done in a couple hours really, as I was extremely bored. MADE IN PAINT lol.

I had done it in about a month ago and finally bothered to upload it... I consider it a sketch, but I put the wtermark because thieves will be thieves no matter how bad something is lol.

Enjoy.

Power of the Gods?!?! Tenshinhan gets Revenge!

Funny, I never bothered to actually centre the image. :lol:
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Re: My (really crappy/awesome) Manga Short!!!

Post by Attitudefan » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:38 pm

Nobody dares to comment? Ah well, I guess this wasn't the place to post this...
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:48 am

Considering it's made in paint, it's well done.

What's going on in that second panel on the third page by the way? Are those thick black lines supposed to be speed lines? Based on the panel after that it would seem you were drawing Tenshinhan while performing a kick, but those thick lines make it look very weird.

Also are there going to be more pages? If not then maybe you're right and it should have been posted in the Fanworks explosion thread instead.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:27 pm

dbgtFO wrote:Considering it's made in paint, it's well done.

What's going on in that second panel on the third page by the way? Are those thick black lines supposed to be speed lines? Based on the panel after that it would seem you were drawing Tenshinhan while performing a kick, but those thick lines make it look very weird.

Also are there going to be more pages? If not then maybe you're right and it should have been posted in the Fanworks explosion thread instead.
It's supposed to be the blur of his kick but I couldn't really make anything look like a kick due to the lack of effects. I wanted it like a kick flying by the "camera" but it turned out not so great. I think if I redid it, I would change the angle of the image.

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:47 pm

Reminds me of a picture I made on the computer back in junior high of a NFL Quarterback from the cover of some book, and I did it with paint, and half way through I realized you can zoom in to draw the fine lines and such.

It wasn't as nearly as good as what you've done here. That large panel of Tenshinhan punching Vegeta is amazing to be done with paint the way it was. I'm gonna guess that Ssj Vegeta shoots a Final Flash to counter Tenshihan's Ki-Ko-Ho, but it looks like this was a one-time thing you wanted to share. Very cool nonetheless.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:20 pm

dprez wrote:Reminds me of a picture I made on the computer back in junior high of a NFL Quarterback from the cover of some book, and I did it with paint, and half way through I realized you can zoom in to draw the fine lines and such.

It wasn't as nearly as good as what you've done here. That large panel of Tenshinhan punching Vegeta is amazing to be done with paint the way it was. I'm gonna guess that Ssj Vegeta shoots a Final Flash to counter Tenshihan's Ki-Ko-Ho, but it looks like this was a one-time thing you wanted to share. Very cool nonetheless.
You are correct. I did not bother to finish and yes, that is what I was going for. Homage it to the Kamehameha vs Galick gun.

Yeah, I did not bother to go into great detail but I had fun drawing this. If you haven't noticed, I love the older art style and gave it that rounder, simpler look. Also, it was my first time I drew Chibi Trunks!

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:03 am

May I ask, why did you have Goku say "battle power?"

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:49 am

dbgtFO wrote:May I ask, why did you have Goku say "battle power?"
No true reason. Would you have preferred it to be 'power level' instead?

Tenshinhan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenshinhan-san » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:01 am

I love it!

BTW You drew that in Paint?? That's amazing!

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:10 am

Yup, drawn in paint. :D

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:11 am

Attitudefan wrote:
I think "battle power" is something you'd only hear Vegeta(and Freeza's men) say, as that was what he grew up with. Goku just says "ki" or "power."

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:30 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Attitudefan wrote:
I think "battle power" is something you'd only hear Vegeta(and Freeza's men) say, as that was what he grew up with. Goku just says "ki" or "power."
You're right! Man, I completely didn't realize that at all! Man do I feel stupid lol. Next time I will make sure not to do that.

Another thing, this was the first time I drew Chibi Trunks. How did I do (I tried to keep it in the old/rounded art style)?

Kiddo626
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kiddo626 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:01 am

Attitudefan wrote:Another thing, this was the first time I drew Chibi Trunks. How did I do (I tried to keep it in the old/rounded art style)?
Personally, I think the eyes are a little too rounded for my tastes, but other than that, it's not that bad.

You made all of this with Paint? Nice! How long did this take you?

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:58 pm

Kiddo626 wrote:
Attitudefan wrote:Another thing, this was the first time I drew Chibi Trunks. How did I do (I tried to keep it in the old/rounded art style)?
Personally, I think the eyes are a little too rounded for my tastes, but other than that, it's not that bad.

You made all of this with Paint? Nice! How long did this take you?
Two 1:25 classes at school when I should have been doing work... lol.

I love the rounded eyes art style :D

Kiddo626
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kiddo626 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:31 am

Attitudefan wrote:I love the rounded eyes art style :D
Yeah, when it's for more good-natured characters like Goku, then the rounded eyes work wonders. But, for some reason, when it's for those that are frowning all the time, it seems a little off-putting. Eh, but that's just me, I guess. :P

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:41 am

I think Piccolo looks super evil with those eyes!

Kiddo626
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kiddo626 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:43 am

Attitudefan wrote:I think Piccolo looks super evil with those eyes!

Okay, you got me. That actually looks pretty creepy. :|