Welcome to Integrated-Kanzenshuu!

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Re: Welcome to Integrated-Kanzenshuu!

Post by laserkid » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:46 am

Awesome to have the forums back on the new (and equally awesome) site!

Also 100x100 avatars! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Thank you! :D
-Laserkid

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:50 am

It's been a LONG two weeks without this place. I've missed it very much, so glad it's back. This place feels like a second home to me.

Loving the 100x100 avatars.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:59 am

My obsessive-compulsive-change-hating side is happy to see that the forum doesn't look too different--but that said, the new logo up top looks great! This has been a really exciting time to be a member of this community, and I'm sure that excitement is going to stick around right up until the Wiki joins the party. Honestly, I can't wait for that, but I'm sure there's a lot of work involved (in addition to everything else that's still going on), so I'm not going to bug anyone about when it will be ready or anything like that. Just remember, Mike and co., that you do have a community full of eager, shonen spirited people who I'm sure would be happy to help out however they can, so feel free to ask if you ever need another set of eyes for anything.

Some of the new 100x100 sized avatars look sweet, but I don't think I can be bothered to scale mine up right now.

Oh, and hi everyone. Good to see you all again.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:07 am

Yeah, this merger has me more excited for this community than I have been in ages.

Truth be told, while I'm still as much a Dragon Ball nut as I always have been, in recent years I'd gotten to the point where it felt like I had run out of things to talk about here - anything I wanted to say was already said, either by me or someone else. I'd still stop by and read posts and respond on occasion if I felt I had something to say, but more often then not I was really turning into a ghost. However, having a whole new resource to explore, a wiki project coming into fruition, and just the whole fresh newness of it all has got me re energized a bit.
-Laserkid

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:15 am

I know what you mean. I think having a break from the forum did me some good in and of itself, but the excitement of the merger halfway through the downtime has really helped to recharge my shonen-spirit-batteries. I feel like my patience and good intentions are at an all time high right now!
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Acid_Reign
Advanced Regular

Post by Acid_Reign » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:29 am

Bussani wrote:Some of the new 100x100 sized avatars look sweet, but I don't think I can be bothered to scale mine up right now.
It’s OK. Emolga is only 1'04" anyway.
Oh, and hi everyone. Good to see you all again.
You too! Haven’t lived up to my “Advanced Regular” title in a while…
laserkid wrote:Truth be told, while I'm still as much a Dragon Ball nut as I always have been, in recent years I'd gotten to the point where it felt like I had run out of things to talk about here - anything I wanted to say was already said, either by me or someone else. I'd still stop by and read posts and respond on occasion if I felt I had something to say, but more often then not I was really turning into a ghost. However, having a whole new resource to explore, a wiki project coming into fruition, and just the whole fresh newness of it all has got me re energized a bit.
I have the same sentiments. With a series that has long concluded and a forum as active as this, you start to see the same topics over and over again. And over time, a lot of great conversation gets buried which just adds to that. I know I would often even bookmark threads that contained useful information to return to later… but even then I’d have to go looking throughout the pages to find the relevant tidbits. Basically the forum structure is good for discourse but bad for organization. So I think a wiki is the perfect (kanzen, if you will) addition and will definitely make this place a regular visit for me in the near future.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:45 am

Yeah, a lot of the same topics do frequently come up. I've gotten to to use my timelines image in more than one thread dedicated to them. ;)

In my case, I've been hanging around this community since Chris Psaros's DBZ Uncensored linked to Vegetto EX's ultimate links page and I sort of never went away, though I often had vanishing spells. I've been on four forums dedicated to this place now (three if you count this the same as the last one), so I don't know, maybe I just feel old. I mean, I was 17 when I first started hanging around these parts, and I still remember having an excited AIM chat with Mike when we started getting the super battle collection toys in US toy releases.

I guess there's just not as much on the "new things to talk about" for me these days - or at least that's how I felt before. Having this place revamped, and a wiki around the corner makes me feel like I may yet have something left to contribute to this community, which is all I've wanted to do for a long time. I used to have my own (admittedly crappy) DBZ site back in the day in hopes of doing something useful. It didn't amount to much beyond a summation of the storylines with a few images sprinkled in it, but maybe with an official wiki I can help with that.

That reminds me, I still have a BUNCH of DVD screenshots taken from the old FUNi DVD singles from all over the show - since the wiki is around the corner, I'd be happy to upload them for use there if people want.
-Laserkid

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:04 am

It's good to be back. I like the new site and the wiki project is going to be interesting indeed. Good job you guys.

Minigt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Minigt » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:56 am

I have really missed the forum. Great to have it back. LOVE THE NEW COMBINED SITE!
Chuncho Stretchy Pants

kidpromo

Post by kidpromo » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:22 am

I have been listening to the podcast and lurking a bit around here for years. Now that Kanzenshuu is reality I thought it would be a good time to actually join this forum!

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:43 am

Congrats on successfully porting everything over!

I'm really digging the minimalist changes here and there.
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:30 am

The new website is awesome! The forum is finaly back! And a wiki is coming!!! :o
I love you guys! Thanks for everything! :D
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:30 am

I really like it, good job!

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:12 am

The new site is brilliant, the design is fantastic! Nice to the see Forums back as well. :)

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:16 am

Whoo-hoo! Awesome to be back. Loving the slightly sleeker look of the forums, but, like bussani, glad it wasn't totally overhauled.

So where was the "Ask" section archived to? Is it possible to access it at all?
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:26 am

Nah, that stuff is hidden away. It's there, but it's just that you can't access it. Much of that content is simply going to be integrated into additional guides and such (if it hasn't been already), so it's not like the information is lost. It was really just old, irrelevant nonsense that was cluttering things up.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:58 am

Hey hai you guise! <3 God I these two weeks felt like rehab or something. I needed my fix @_@
*Hugs everyone*

Anyway, enough non-sense. The forum looks pretty much the same but that isn't a bad thing. It feels more "clean" somehow. The website is absolutely fantastic and I'm loving everything. Can't wait for new content. As I asked on Facebook, will you remake/rename a Youtube account for the new website? Is it worth it? Will you try and contact... Suckerberg or whatever for a Facebook name change? I don't believe it will be impossible. What about Google+?

I really like that there is now a RSS feed like Kanzentai had. I'm really enjoying everything a lot. It's good to start anew with a fresh face. I understand the nostalgia factor but change is always good! Keep up the good work and good luck for everything!

Son Geeko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Geeko » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:03 am

The new site looks super dang sexy, I love it! :P

Also, I'm really surprised that you guys are FINALLY starting to work on that Wiki project, I mean, I know you guys have always toyed around with the idea but I've never thought you would actually do it. Glad to see it's actually happening! :mrgreen:

(100x100 avatars! Hip hip hooray!)
Last edited by Son Geeko on Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:13 am

I know this has been said a hundred times but I'm loving the new site! It's more clean and professional looking. I'm glad to see everything is back up and running!

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:44 am

Woohoo! The forum is back! Lovin' the new banner. Very slick.