Awesome Episode of Bardock FanDub

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Awesome Episode of Bardock FanDub

Post by songohan619 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:24 am

kei17
I Live Here

Re: Awesome Episode of Bardock FanDub

Post by kei17 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:11 am

The dubbing itself is quite decent, but to me, the music ruins almost everything. They should've used the Kikuchi/Yamamoto score at least.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:39 pm

Yeah the music was pretty bad. I guess the person wanted it to feel like a DBZ episode that would play on Toonami?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:58 pm

It does sound like something Funimation would have done back in the day when dubbing the movies and specials.

LordCrehavos9000 does an excellent job as Chilled. I actually enjoyed him a lot better than Ryusei Nakao's Chilled who on top of an awfully designed character, sounded really annoying.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

saiyanprimalforce
Beyond Newbie

Post by saiyanprimalforce » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:41 pm

Maybe I'm the only one here, but I actually enjoyed the soundtrack. At least it's better than the generic orchestra pieces recycled from the Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans remake.
Gonstead wrote:It does sound like something Funimation would have done back in the day when dubbing the movies and specials.

LordCrehavos9000 does an excellent job as Chilled. I actually enjoyed him a lot better than Ryusei Nakao's Chilled who on top of an awfully designed character, sounded really annoying.
I'd say it's actually 10x better than say what funi did with say the bardock/history of trunks special. Could not STAND either of those dub's funi scores. I thought the pieces they used in the fandub fit the tone of the special, not to mention the pieces were placed really well. I probably wouldn't say that if Son Goku and Friends had that type of music, though.

And, yes, LordCrehavos was great as Chilled. At first, I thought I was hearing Ayres himself there. Too bad they didn't let him play Freeza though. The guy who played him was a little stiff. As was Bardock in a couple lines. The one VA who played the kid was fantastic.

Having said that, I enjoyed this fandub far more than I should, since I think episode of bardock is completely fucking retarded. Way to shit on the television special, Toei--nevermind the mythology.
Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/auNXDruqEb
Dragon Ball Z Kai: Ultimate International Edtion + Super: Ultra Instinct Cut http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... 07#p491107

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:02 pm

saiyanprimalforce wrote:I'd say it's actually 10x better than say what funi did with say the bardock/history of trunks special. Could not STAND either of those dub's funi scores. I thought the pieces they used in the fandub fit the tone of the special, not to mention the pieces were placed really well. I probably wouldn't say that if Son Goku and Friends had that type of music, though.
I can't speak for History of Trunks but I can agree with you on Bardock. Ontop of 1999 dub acting, the soundtrack really lacked.

However, there was one scene I did like with the score done by Dale Kelly - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnN6hjjNigk

I really wish I had a clean rip of the music used in that scene from 00:19 to 4:41.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:22 pm

kei17 wrote:The dubbing itself is quite decent, but to me, the music ruins almost everything. They should've used the Kikuchi/Yamamoto score at least.
Yeah, the music was pretty awful.. It had this weird country/metal vibe to it.. The only thing I really liked was Chilled's voice.

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:42 am

saiyanprimalforce wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:41 pm The guy who played him was a little stiff. As was Bardock in a couple lines. The one VA who played the kid was fantastic.
Wow, thanks. If I'm getting off with just being stiff in a couple lines, then I'm pretty proud of that. I was only 14 when I did Bardock here. I'm still happy with how I handled the super saiyan stuff, even if I could've filled my grunts a lot better for the parts before the climactic scream of the transformation.
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.