Ominous Silence (Without Harmonica)

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VenomSymbiote
Patreon Supporter

Ominous Silence (Without Harmonica)

Post by VenomSymbiote » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:22 am

Now that the Kai DVDs have been out for a while, is there anyway that someone could rip the harmonica-less version of "Ominous Silence," from the the 3rd Kai soundtrack?

Gonstead
I Live Here

Re: Ominous Silence (Without Harmonica)

Post by Gonstead » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:40 am

Though not quite a clear rip, there is this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3DuhjR8_4A

But I second this request for a version of the song without harmonica.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

VenomSymbiote
Patreon Supporter

Post by VenomSymbiote » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:58 pm

Yeah, that's the only version I could find, and it's not particulary great. I know there was a thread a while back where Kei17, I think, was doing rips of the some of the unreleased background music, but Ominous Silence was never done.

saiyanprimalforce
Beyond Newbie

Post by saiyanprimalforce » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:54 pm

Yeah, I wish someone would rip this and the unelectronic version of Creature of Marvel. I would, but I don't have the slightest clue about how to do it. Either way, it seems like I've been getting by just fine when I have to be a little creative and sub something.
Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/auNXDruqEb
Dragon Ball Z Kai: Ultimate International Edtion + Super: Ultra Instinct Cut http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... 07#p491107

VenomSymbiote
Patreon Supporter

Post by VenomSymbiote » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:07 am

Yeah, I wish there was a guide somewhere on how to rip audio from DVDs or Blu-Rays. Granted, I'm sure I could find some on the Internet, but they're so darn complicated to understand... it's so not my area of expertise. It doesn't help that I don't actually own the DVDs in question- darn lack of money.
Last edited by VenomSymbiote on Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:08 am

saiyanprimalforce wrote:Yeah, I wish someone would rip this and the unelectronic version of Creature of Marvel. I would, but I don't have the slightest clue about how to do it. Either way, it seems like I've been getting by just fine when I have to be a little creative and sub something.
Wouldn't it be the same with what you're doing with dbzmusicrevival, just opposite? (Taking out voices)

All you would really need is one of the Japanese Kai DVD's which should be easy enough to find (or certain methods which will not be explained and are totally not affiliated with this site).
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

saiyanprimalforce
Beyond Newbie

Post by saiyanprimalforce » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:54 am

Gonstead wrote: Wouldn't it be the same with what you're doing with dbzmusicrevival, just opposite? (Taking out voices)

All you would really need is one of the Japanese Kai DVD's which should be easy enough to find (or certain methods which will not be explained and are totally not affiliated with this site).
Nah--they're two totally different things. If the japanese track was in 5.1, it would be pretty easy to rip out, versus the linear pcm. But even with that, I have no knowledge about editing out sound effects and voices. I'd rather leave that up to the more familiar experts around here--kei17 and coycoy88. They seem to be the best at getting decent rips. Kinda funny though, if only Part 5 had come out with the Yamamoto score, the two unreleased pieces would be a none issue most likely.
Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/auNXDruqEb
Dragon Ball Z Kai: Ultimate International Edtion + Super: Ultra Instinct Cut http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... 07#p491107