Dragonball Errors

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Re: Dragonball Errors

Post by Insertclevername » Sun May 20, 2012 11:51 pm

^ yes he does.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Sun May 20, 2012 11:53 pm

That looks horrible!!!!
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Mon May 21, 2012 3:02 am

Yikes, I didn't realize that hand change. Why change it to that?

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Mon May 21, 2012 3:15 am

aharte17 wrote:So, I was watching my Z Kai Part 3 DVD (I have it on Blu-Ray, too) and I noticed something...off....about Piccolo's "Motivational" scene.
So I go on YouTube to look for the scene from the DBox, and MAN was it different.
Not denying that drawing is pretty terrible (besides his fingers looking really warped and flat, his fingernails look like spikes coming out of the tips of his fingers! :shock: ), I don't see how a bad drawing constitutes as an "error".

This thread would be more fitting of such a drawing. Even though it's original intention was to cover worst looking episodes in general, the mods decided that due to redundancy, it could cover individual drawings as well. It's an old thread, but was recently revived, but if you're against reviving it again, perhaps it's time for someone to make another "bad drawings" thread.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

aharte17

Post by aharte17 » Mon May 21, 2012 5:18 pm

Yeah, sorry about that. My (tired) brain was thinking "bad change = error" and since it's really one of those bad drawing/unnecessary change things, I couldn't find a more relevent thread. (Plus I didn't feel like starting a new thread :P)
Still, those hands...

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Thu May 24, 2012 1:05 am

Haven't seen that one on here yet. Krillin's outfit change

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Thu May 24, 2012 1:32 am

Hey thanks for posting that error about Yo! the return of son Goku and friends. I watched that a while back ago and couldn't spot anything lol
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sun May 27, 2012 1:17 am

I found an error in one of Vegeta's Kai dub lines. Episode 83

Trunks: "After Goku and Gohan come out....blah blah blah"

Vegeta:"Neither you or Cell will be needed actually. One more day in the chamber and I'll be more than Cell's equal. Take my word for it."

...the hell does that mean?
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun May 27, 2012 1:39 am

DarkPrince_92 wrote:Vegeta:"Neither you or Cell will be needed actually."

He really says Cell instead of Kakarrot? So, this is the dub equivalent of "Cell has become the one who defeated Cell"?
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sun May 27, 2012 1:41 am

DarkPrince_92 wrote:I found an error in one of Vegeta's Kai dub lines. Episode 83

Vegeta:"Neither you or Cell will be needed actually. One more day in the chamber and I'll be more than Cell's equal. Take my word for it."

He considers one more day in the chamber to equate to him being stronger than Cell.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sun May 27, 2012 1:44 am

Gonstead wrote:
DarkPrince_92 wrote:I found an error in one of Vegeta's Kai dub lines. Episode 83

Vegeta:"Neither you nor Cell will be needed actually. One more day in the chamber and I'll be more than Cell's equal. Take my word for it."

He considers one more day in the chamber to equate to him being stronger than Cell.

I think you're missing the point.

OzzyApu
Beyond Newbie

Post by OzzyApu » Sun May 27, 2012 1:46 am

DarkPrince_92 wrote:Vegeta:"Neither you nor Cell will be needed actually. One more day in the chamber and I'll be more than Cell's equal. Take my word for it.
Do the voice actors even realize what they're saying?

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sun May 27, 2012 1:50 am

OzzyApu wrote:Do the voice actors even realize what they're saying?
It was a late night in the studio for the team.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sun May 27, 2012 1:55 am

Crap, I didn't even see that he said Cell XD
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sun May 27, 2012 2:06 am

You would think as long as the voice actors have been doing the series, someone would have said ''Huh this doesn't sound right?''
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun May 27, 2012 8:37 am

aharte17 wrote:So, I was watching my Z Kai Part 3 DVD (I have it on Blu-Ray, too) and I noticed something...off....about Piccolo's "Motivational" scene.
So I go on YouTube to look for the scene from the DBox, and MAN was it different.
DBox
Kai

Yeah... I know it was probably to keep consistency with his hands being open in the previous scene, but come on.
(Sorry for the size of the DBox pic, resize was not working and I'm tired)
Unnecessery change. Looks horrible. *vomits*
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sun May 27, 2012 1:56 pm

I can't stand half of the redrawn/re-animated scenes, look like a crappy low budget fan made flash cartoon.

OzzyApu
Beyond Newbie

Post by OzzyApu » Sun May 27, 2012 2:01 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:I can't stand half of the redrawn/re-animated scenes, look like a crappy low budget fan made flash cartoon.
I'd certainly agree. For some they were necessary to fix errors, but that's all they should have been done for. Some scenes look way out of place because of brighter, clearer characters redrawn. However, they should have focused their efforts on rounding up errors and redrawing those only (while making it more subtle than the FLASHY appearance they have). That's my one major complaint with Kai (the error clean-up aspect that they didn't commit to).

OzzyApu
Beyond Newbie

Post by OzzyApu » Mon May 28, 2012 5:20 pm

Felt like watching the beginning of this episode and noticed this one second frame wizz by. Mark up another "could-have-fixed" for Kai.

This is supposed to be Gohan when he pops open the soda or whatever it was when Trunks gets his mini fridge out. Gohan is wearing white gloves like Vegeta does, but someone colored it incorrectly originally, and they missed the opportunity to fix it.

Corpsecreate
Beyond Newbie

Post by Corpsecreate » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:46 am

For one frame Videl teleports into the background!