Dragon Ball Theme Park

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Scarz
I Live Here

Dragon Ball Theme Park

Post by Scarz » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:01 pm

After the reading about the One Piece theme park a couple of weeks back I was extremely intrigued, until I found out that it was a rip off and it probably won't ever happen. But it got me thinking, what if there was a Dragon Ball themed amusement park? What would be the main attraction? What would the food be like? How big would it actually be? etc.

I've been to more than few theme parks in my life, since I used to live in Orlando I visited Disney World and Universal Studios quite often. I've also been Six Flags, Dorney Park, and so on. I love fast roller coasters so I think a Dragon Ball theme park would be jammed packed with them. I like to think it would have a "Dragon/Shenlong" floor-less roller coaster with a lot of loops and turns. Something similar to the "Viper" or "Medusa" at Six Flags.

The park would also have employees dressed up as DB characters, taking pictures with guests. As for the food I guess they could have dishes named after certain characters, like Pilaf would probably be a chicken dish served with... well pilaf rice and Vegeta will be fried vegetables.

Areas of the park should be separated by major Sagas. Like for instance, you have a whole part of the park set up as the RR Army base, muscle tower and all. Then you'll have planet Namek part with fake blue trees and such.

I don't think water rides will fit into a DB theme park but I'm sure there's a way to squeeze one in there somehow. Of course the thought of DB theme park ever happening is 0 to none but it's still fun to think about.

So those are my thoughts. What do you think a Dragon Ball theme park would be like?

Beji
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Theme Park

Post by Beji » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:24 pm

A Dragon Ball theme park!!!!!! There would have to be different sections! One part having Snake way roller coaster, Bobbing for King Yemma's fruit(even if this isn't a fair). Gohan's drunken boat ride(with the music playing the whole ride and you go in a cave and see similar things to the cut scene). There would HAVE to be an all you can eat Buffet part. Oooh!!! those are just off the top of my head to make an actual theme park would be so fun to do!! :D :D :D

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:42 pm

I would love to go to a Dragonball theme park. one thing though, I don't do roller coasters :lol: I'm a chicken. :lol: But how cool would it be if at this theme park the voice actors for both the Japanese and the English showed up :D also just thinking about it, I could just imagine seeing everyone dressed up as Dragonball characters, like a 1000 people as Goku or Vegeta :lol:
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:03 pm

The "Kinto-un" for children 8 and younger ^_^, Inside Buu (like a scary rollercoaster that also goes inside). There would have to be some type of arcade thing inside too. With the arcade we couldnt play in the US b./c they are only in japan. Or just silly ones outside like "Wack a Saibaman". :lol:

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:11 pm

Beji wrote:With the arcade we couldnt play in the US b./c they are only in japan. Or just silly ones outside like "Wack a Saibaman". :lol:
I can imagine if you don't accumulate a certain amount of points, a picture of a dead Yamcha appears.

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:08 pm

I could see it happening as part of an anime/manga themed park such as Disney land/World and Six Flags. This reminds me of...

A Super Saiyan stage in a theme park in Japan.
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:13 pm

Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon as a Corkscrew ride? :)

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:16 pm

Avenged wrote:I could see it happening as part of an anime/manga themed park such as Disney land/World and Six Flags. This reminds me of...

A Super Saiyan stage in a theme park in Japan.
That was weird... but kinda cool. Are there more of these?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Son Geeko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Geeko » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:38 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote: That was weird... but kinda cool. Are there more of these?
There's an info page (and video of the full show) here:

http://www.kanzentai.com/misc_db.php?id ... ttle_stage

Is this show even running anymore? I mean with Kai cancelled and the Yamamoto scandal (the soundtrack for the shows uses the original Kai score) and whatnot.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:41 pm

Lmao those anime cut-outs.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

theawesomepossum777
Beyond Newbie

Post by theawesomepossum777 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:26 am

SSJSteve wrote:Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon as a Corkscrew ride? :)
That's the coolest ride idea ever! My idea would be a Tenkaichi Budokai for kids-adults to enroll in. However, it would probably have much less leg-breaking so there won't be insurance costs and people suing each other...

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:30 am

And something to do with the Ginyuu Tokusentai, although I don't exactly know what. They could be selling chocolate at a gift shop or something.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Bulma vs. The Crab: THE EXPERIENCE.

I would imagine it being like the submarine rides at Disneyland and Sea World. :roll:

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:08 pm

Heh, I started thinking about something like this a few months ago when I visited Orlando. Coming up with a few themed roller coasters would be easy enough...
SSJSteve wrote:Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon as a Corkscrew ride? :)
Like that. Brilliant (though I could never personally ride something like that, can't tolerate too much spinning :o ) Another idea is to do something like the "Dragon Challenge" at Islands of Adventure, where two roller coasters intertwine and "battle" as they race along. So, there could be a Gokuu coaster and a Vegeta coaster, or Freeza or whoever.

They could also make something like the "Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey" ride where you're flying along with the characters on some adventure. You get in a battle, you get killed, you run along Snake Way and fall into Hell....OK, they probably wouldn't do that specifically, but something where the rider is a part of the action would work well.

Of course, it wouldn't be a theme park experience without some cheesy production show. Set up a stage where the Z warriors fight some random villains, complete with flying (with clearly visible wires), ki blasts (fire exploding around the stage), and rock music playing in the background (ROCK THE DRAGON!).

Of course there'd be costumed characters walking around to take pictures with. And some sort of themed foods, like senzu beans. Dragon Balls could even be made into a food somehow (maybe steamed buns with stars printed on them?) And, in a nod to censorship, blue beer! :D
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:09 pm

Mt. Paozu has that huge waterfall; it could serve as a water ride.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

ricecake
Beyond Newbie

Post by ricecake » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:29 am

Karin's Tower could be one of those rides that you go straight up really high and then they drop you down.

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:20 pm

Man! I liked that idea of having a Dragon Ball theme park. Since Canada's Wonderland, Toronto Zoo, Wild Water Kingdom, and Ontario Place are my city's attractions; I can put the Dragon Ball theme park somewhere in the GTA. I can have some Dragon Ball reps (Viz, Toei, Ooishi, Toriyama, FUNimation), and the supporters (federal, provincial, municipal) to fund the project with likely taxpayers on a joint basis. However, I like to see the Dragon Ball merchandising, food, rides, etc... Add Dr. Slump for a twist if you guys want.

Ontario Place on the other hand, it'll stay closed until 2017.
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:45 pm

Ok, some they could do:

Pilaf's Labyrinth
Oozaru Escape!
Karin Climb
Flying Nimbus Kids' Ride
Sky Dance
Wilderness Training Playground
Snake Way Race
Saiyan Landing (you are fling on a pod to a safe net)
Trip to Namek Adventure (virtual experience)
Crazy Kienzan (huge disk rotating everywhere!)

As mentioned above:
Makankosapou Roller coaster (final part is entering a saiyan armor LOL)
Wack a Saibaman (I totally vote for this)
Shenron Roller coaster
Inside Buu Attraction
Live Action shows

Restaurants: Kame House Café, Tenkaichi (with live martial performances), Capsule Corp Food court

All buildings must be dome like.
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:58 am

soulnova wrote:Ok, some they could do:

Pilaf's Labyrinth
Oozaru Escape!
Karin Climb
Flying Nimbus Kids' Ride
Sky Dance
Wilderness Training Playground
Snake Way Race
Saiyan Landing (you are fling on a pod to a safe net)
Trip to Namek Adventure (virtual experience)
Crazy Kienzan (huge disk rotating everywhere!)

As mentioned above:
Makankosapou Roller coaster (final part is entering a saiyan armor LOL)
Wack a Saibaman (I totally vote for this)
Shenron Roller coaster
Inside Buu Attraction
Live Action shows

Restaurants: Kame House Café, Tenkaichi (with live martial performances), Capsule Corp Food court

All buildings must be dome like.
There's also gonna be Baskin Robbins, McDonalds, Pizza Pizza, Timmies, KFC lol to keep the fans hungry.

I'd rather also get them to open a merchandising shop containing T-shirts, hoipois, action figures, energy drinks, armor, DVDs, character gear, etc....
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:33 am

Maybe they could have Dragon Balls hidden around the park for you to find.