Toyble DBAF [June 9, 2012] Vol 4 HD release complete

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: Toyble DBAF [June 9, 2012] Vol 4 HD release complete

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:33 am

Saiga wrote:...why did the grinding exercises cause his tail to start growing back in the first place?
I...I don't know. lol

I'm not sure if GT ever actually addresses that detail, and if they do, it's been too long for me to remember what it was. I've only seen the full series twice, once with Funi and once in Japanese, so my brain didn't retain a lot of details due to the conflicting information...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:38 am

Saiga wrote:...why did the grinding exercises cause his tail to start growing back in the first place?
It was a special way Ru Kaioshin knew, somehow.

Besides, you don't have to be a kid for the tail to grow back.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

peterx
Beyond Newbie

Post by peterx » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:02 pm

Beautiful work Desire as always!! :wink:

One little typo error is that Volume 3 title page has chapter "2" instead of "3"!

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:55 pm

peterx wrote:Beautiful work Desire as always!! :wink:
One little typo error is that Volume 3 title page has chapter "2" instead of "3"!
Hell's bells! :oops:

Thanks, fixed.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:21 pm

So my Dropbox lists that you've changed volumes 4, 2 and 3. Are these the final versions? For good? And are you gonna jump on Zero now? Or some other project? Or just rest for a while :P

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:42 pm

DNA wrote:So my Dropbox lists that you've changed volumes 4, 2 and 3. Are these the final versions? For good? And are you gonna jump on Zero now? Or some other project? Or just rest for a while :P
Nothing's ever final. I won't hesitate to fix up typos and the like; but I hope there aren't any more :?

DB Zero might be next, but I'll probably wait, at least a little while, for that.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:55 pm

desirecampbell wrote:Nothing's ever final. I won't hesitate to fix up typos and the like; but I hope there aren't any more
Ahah, well, nothing wrong with being a perfectionist.
desirecampbell wrote:DB Zero might be next, but I'll probably wait, at least a little while, for that.
My only gripe is that the four page "volume 1: Bardock's Secret" was never done. It has already been translated by Herms a good deal of pages ago and I think Necrosaber gave us the pages too.

hulkty
Banned

Post by hulkty » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:12 pm

desirecampbell wrote:
hulkty wrote:Is there a way I can see it without having to download the zip file stuff?
Can I just get a link the the actual pages?...
The zip file is 20 MB. It's not a large file.
JulieYBM wrote:Man, I can't wait for the next volume. Did Toyble ever say when it would come?
I wouldn't hold my breath.
It says it's going to take 3 hours to download...*sigh*

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:03 pm

hulkty wrote:It says it's going to take 3 hours to download...*sigh*
You're only getting 2 KB/s? Shit. Is that a regular speed for you?

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:47 pm

DNA wrote:
desirecampbell wrote:Nothing's ever final. I won't hesitate to fix up typos and the like; but I hope there aren't any more
Ahah, well, nothing wrong with being a perfectionist.
desirecampbell wrote:DB Zero might be next, but I'll probably wait, at least a little while, for that.
My only gripe is that the four page "volume 1: Bardock's Secret" was never done. It has already been translated by Herms a good deal of pages ago and I think Necrosaber gave us the pages too.
Whaaat? I gave you the raw scans of "Bardock's Secret" by scanning my own physical and very rare copy! Ahahaha! :lol:
Apart this, it's really fast to typeset (I typesetted it in italian) and maybe desirecampbell would do it sooner or later, it's up to him. :wink:

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:43 pm

I said I thought, and I didn't remember your nickname. Soz boss. orz

Necrosaber
Beyond Newbie

Post by Necrosaber » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:39 pm

New update!
おかげさまで
夏コミケ当選いたしました。

8月11日(土)
東地区“ピ”ブロック―08a

です。

既刊と4巻
と、その続きをかけたところまで出す予定です。

詳細は追ってお知らせいたします。

最近ハマっているドラゴンボールヒーローズ。
フリーザ一族のフローズが
かっこよすぎです。
I wonder who this is :0

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:44 pm

That's one of the Dragon Ball Heroes avatars.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:56 pm

Maybe it's meant to be Freeza's mother?

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:50 am

ringworm128 wrote:Maybe it's meant to be Freeza's mother?
His name is Froze, and he is male. He won't appear in AF, Toyble just drew him because he believes he is cool (at least that's what Google Translator said).
He is the Hero avatar in Dragon Ball Heroes, and belongs to Freeza's Clan.

From Earth Mission:

From Galaxy Mission:

The other 2 are not him, they are the Elite & Berserker of Freeza's Clan, they are ranks of the Avatars of the game. They are unnamed.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:28 am

Necrosaber wrote:New update!
おかげさまで
夏コミケ当選いたしました。

8月11日(土)
東地区“ピ”ブロック―08a

です。

既刊と4巻
と、その続きをかけたところまで出す予定です。

詳細は追ってお知らせいたします。

最近ハマっているドラゴンボールヒーローズ。
フリーザ一族のフローズが
かっこよすぎです。
I wonder who this is :0
I was just looking on the card-a-like surface under his foot and I thought... maybe Toyble would print a "special cardass volume" like the ones from Shueisha, with also sketches, illustrations and previous designs? *_* It would be soooo cool!

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:34 am

Also,(ignoring the fact that he lacks breasts) how can he be Freeza's mother, since in AF, it's West Kaioshin?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:38 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Also,(ignoring the fact that he lacks breasts) how can he be Freeza's mother, since in AF, it's West Kaioshin?
Why do aliens have to have boobs in order to be female? Almost all of them lack a mammalian appearance...

Anyway, the text explains the picture (The whole "Recently hooked on Dragon Ball Heroes. Froze of the Freeza Clan is really cool." bit.) So it's unrelated to the comic for now...
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:40 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote: Why do aliens have to have boobs in order to be female? Almost all of them lack a mammalian appearance...

Anyway, the text explains the picture: "Recently hooked on Dragon Ball Heroes. Froze of the Freeza Clan is really cool."
Woah. You know Japanese?
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:45 am

Saiga wrote:Woah. You know Japanese?
Not a lick really. 4-5 kanji? lol But I have enough of a general understanding to know how to make sense out of the bullshit Google Translate spews out. If you separate the words instead of putting in the full sentence, the translations normally make a LOT more sense. This tidbit wasn't too bad with just the full sentences though...