Fan Works Explosion

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:52 pm

Finished. ^_^

JulieYBM, I'm sorry that I didn't get to incorporate your idea for the Kame and Ma symbols into the finished drawing. I kinda went ahead with it faster than I thought, and by the time it was over and done with it was too late. I'll keep it in mind for the future, though, because it was definitely a good idea. Big regrets on not having used it here.

So, here's a step-by-step process on on something I've been working on in collaboration with Suupaa Gohan 2.

The first half is my doing. Like usual, the first step is to compose a sketch and clean the lineart. Sketching is easy, but cleaning it up can take several hours.

Then, I'll choose my base colors and fill them in.

About here is where SG2 said something like "that wristband is a stupid color" and pretty much just took over. Done using the SAI Paint program (which she's never actually used to color before, if you can believe that), she used my base colors to composed a true shade.

After that, she got clever and added a background, drop shadow and text. And then, it's done!

And... well, then there's...

Uh, this.

Uh... Evil!Gohan is what we're calling him.

I don't know where he came from-- and really, I don't think that showing you the accompanying chat would help--- but despite that she's the one who scribbled in the top hat, monocle and twirl-worthy moustache, she blames ME and my... inherent... uh, evilness... for giving rise to Gohan's evil twin. (Black hair especially is meant to signify evil.) But either way, I'm wary that he's going to... like, tie someone to a railroad track or something. o_o;

Great work all around, at any rate. We had a blast. But now I'm scared of Evil!Gohan...

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:45 pm

It's cool, I think it's good nonetheless.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:08 pm

That's some fine work there, Lemmy/Suupah.
(Yessss, SAI is the best. I love it.)

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:19 pm

Great artwork there, Lemmy! I like how the first picture turned out. It was cool to see that one in progress as it was being made.

Gotta love the Evil Gohan too. ;P

Suupaa Gohan 2
Regular

Post by Suupaa Gohan 2 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:43 pm

Any reason why my response to this thread keeps disappearing? I've reposted it a few times but it keeps vanishing and I definitely didn't say anything that would constitute a mod deleting it. :/
Shiyonasan wrote:Gotta love the Evil Gohan too. ;P
He will rise up and destroy us all.

Also since Lemmy doesn't remember where it came from, it was because he forgot to draw Gohan's other hand, so I scribbled one in roughly and it looked monstrous, so I gave it claws...then I decided to make him look fully evil. For some, that would be pointy ears and fangs and red eyes. For me, evil twins are apparently evil gentlemen, because this is how I always evilify characters (because a moustache and a goatee is not enough). If Gohan's arms were not folded, and you could see more of his lower body, rest assured that he would also have a cane and a pocketwatch.

(And yes, SAI is my favorite art program...I'm terrible at coloring with it, though. It requires too much of a soft touch, which I do not have...I prefer to color in Photoshop as per the Gohan/Goten pic, though I won't use anything but Sai for lineart. The Gohan was the first thing I tried coloring seriously in SAI but I think it came out kinda crappy, way too soft-looking. :/ )
Last edited by Suupaa Gohan 2 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steam Name: SG2
Discord Tag: Esjitu#4064

"I came to save you thanks to a magic bean. And if you think it was easy to find that bean, you're wrong."
--'Big Green' Yajirobe

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:46 pm

Weird, I saw it earlier. Maybe it's a forum glitch?
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

hulkty
Banned

Post by hulkty » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:41 am

The pony stuff is getting REALLY annoying. I honestly haven't gone a day on the internet in over a year without seeing them! Seriously!
I thought that show was cancelled or just ended, so why keep up the hype?

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:24 pm

I don't think it's cancelled?
Yeah, I kind of like the show a little bit, not an uber fan, but it is pretty annoying when it's everywhere.

I just posted those pictures 'cause I thought they were funny, didn't really mean to rile anyone up. My bad, sorry. ^^;

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:11 pm

StarRot wrote:I don't think it's cancelled?
Yeah, I kind of like the show a little bit, not an uber fan, but it is pretty annoying when it's everywhere.

I just posted those pictures 'cause I thought they were funny, didn't really mean to rile anyone up. My bad, sorry. ^^;
StarRot don't you dare apologize! I may not be a pony loving freak but I thought those pics were funny. If people are pissed off over a few somewhat disturbing pony fan art pictures that's their problem.

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:18 pm

Ah, I guess you're right.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:55 pm

A warm-up sketch I did this morning of Zangya and Selypa wrestling in leotards. :P The two characters were suggested by StarRot on twitter. Oh, and I should mention I used a reference.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:58 pm

Christ, those are some big breasts Selypa's got there! :P

What reference did you use?
Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:13 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:Christ, those are some big breasts Videl's got there! :P

I'm currently drawing a commission with female characters with very large breasts and I see it's starting to bleed into my other work. :lol:

I found the reference on a random chan site. I had the page up but when I hit refresh, it was gone (404 error) It was two Dead or Alive characters wrestling. I don't know their names though.

By the way it's Selypa on top, not Videl (I have failed).

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:16 pm

Scarz wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:Christ, those are some big breasts Videl's got there! :P

I'm currently drawing a commission with female characters with very large breasts and I see it's starting to bleed into my other work. :lol:

I found the reference on a random chan site. I had the page up but when I hit refresh, it was gone (404 error) It was two Dead or Alive characters wrestling. I don't know their names though.

By the way it's Selypa on top, not Videl (I have failed).
Ah, OK. And my mistake, I just misread (they do have similar hairstyles, though).

nathantheguitarist will love this. :wink:
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:16 pm

Make them nude.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:25 pm

Scarz wrote: By the way it's Selypa on top, not Videl (I have failed).
Its okay, Selypa does resemble post haircut Videl sometimes. :) And besides its a sketch, so you didn't have the luxury of having colors and clothes to help distinguish them.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:54 pm

Yesss, I simply adore this. <3
Piccolo Daimao wrote:nathantheguitarist will love this. :wink:
That's who I requested it for. :>

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:48 pm

Scarz wrote: I'm currently drawing a commission with female characters with very large breasts and I see it's starting to bleed into my other work. :lol:
I see no problems with this. Please, continue.

please

<3 scarz

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:49 pm

hleV wrote:Make them nude.
As tempting as that may be, I don't think I will make a nude version. I find it hotter with the leotards on. :wink:
Insertclevername wrote:Its okay, Selypa does resemble post haircut Videl sometimes. :) And besides its a sketch, so you didn't have the luxury of having colors and clothes to help distinguish them.
I guess I shouldn't be to hard on myself then.
Rocketman wrote:I see no problems with this. Please, continue.

please
I will. Chichi x Tullece (Cropped and censored to protect the innocent):

This was a quickie. I was inspired to draw this after coming across a few TullecexChichi fanart. It's like my new favorite thing right now. Man, I'm just begging to get banned.

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:12 am

I had no idea there was an entire discussion going on over these here. I figured they'd stay on twitter. :lol:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:(they do have similar hairstyles, though).
Yeah but, Selypa's got DAT TAIL. Everyone be ashamed now. pfffft Videl.
Piccolo Daimao wrote:nathantheguitarist will love this. :wink:
I am so amused right now.
StarRot wrote:That's who I requested it for. :>
<333333333333
Scarz wrote:
hleV wrote:Make them nude.
As tempting as that may be, I don't think I will make a nude version. I find it hotter with the leotards on. :wink:
Same. Same. Same x100,000,000.

-stares and drools for a little while more-
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!