Super Saiyans are Real - Dragon Ball Video Goes Viral

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Re: Super Saiyans are Real - Dragon Ball Video Goes Viral

Post by Insertclevername » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:39 am

Bussani wrote:I honestly just thought he made the video to be funny. Either you find it amusing or you don't. I don't understand all the comments about how he should be ashamed of doing something so silly at whatever age he is, especially coming from a bunch of people who still enjoy a show aimed at little boys themselves. A lot of people would call that shameful, and I think anyone who'd argue that what this kid did and what we enjoy are on entirely different levels would be missing the point.

Long story short, I think some people should lighten up. It's okay to do something silly once in a while. Life's too short to be serious and boring all the time--and this guy's life has only just begun!
I guess your right, just a bit of silly humor, that just happened to not connect with me. Like I said, I got nothing against him, just that I found his video to have gotten a tad bit more attention it deserved. But hey, at least it isn't as obnoxious as "Over 9000!!!". Now that's a headache that just won't go away! :lol:
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:10 am

I have nothing in particular against him, I just find it ludicrous. :lol:
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:39 am

My only problem is that he's making money off it.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:43 am

Jord doesn't have a avatar because the combination of Jord and a equally cool avatar would cause the universe to implode.

Mjb1985
Advanced Regular

Post by Mjb1985 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:04 pm

I don't think his intention was to make money though. He probably just wanted to do it and then someone was like hey do you want money? What's he going to say no? That's like if you have an acquaintance and his girlfriend who is smoking hot wants to have sex with you , sure it's not nice but really was there ever really an option?

Kurillin-Sama

Post by Kurillin-Sama » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:37 pm

I feel very embarrassed for him as I watch that video.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:41 pm

Mjb1985 wrote:That's like if you have an acquaintance and his girlfriend who is smoking hot wants to have sex with you , sure it's not nice but really was there ever really an option?
This has nothing to do with the topic at hand but, um ... yes?

Mjb1985
Advanced Regular

Post by Mjb1985 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:39 pm

Haha , in reference to PD saying he is pissed at Jalen for making cash for video. I'm sure he didn't say hey I'm going to make a jerk out of myself on YouTube and make gwap. He just did it and people were like hey dude do you want this free money? Sure why the heck not .

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:22 pm

I meant, "Yes, you have an option not to sleep with your acquaintance's hot girlfriend."

If I made an embarrassing video someone offered me money to capitalize on, however, I'd probably take it. About as much good as can come of it at that point.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:26 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:My only problem is that he's making money off it.
I don't understand why that's a problem--unless we're bringing questions about copyright infringement into the discussion, that is. If you're just blaming him for making money out of doing something dumb, then I think you should be blaming all the people who viewed the video and contributed to its apparent popularity; and you'd have to blame yourself and all of us for contributing to that hit-counter as well.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:09 am

Bussani wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:My only problem is that he's making money off it.
I don't understand why that's a problem--unless we're bringing questions about copyright infringement into the discussion, that is. If you're just blaming him for making money out of doing something dumb, then I think you should be blaming all the people who viewed the video and contributed to its apparent popularity; and you'd have to blame yourself and all of us for contributing to that hit-counter as well.
In all honesty...I'm just being a grumpy bastard on the internet. I just wanted to rant for a bit. I understand, but I still don't like it.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Mjb1985
Advanced Regular

Post by Mjb1985 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:41 am

Yea I figured you were being extra salty. It's ok it happens to all of us.

Dude your going to turn down some smoking hot girl telling you she wants to S your D just because you met a guy a couple of times? Screw that man , all aboard!

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:47 am

Mjb1985 wrote:Dude your going to turn down some smoking hot girl telling you she wants to S your D just because you met a guy a couple of times? Screw that man , all aboard!
Well, have fun potentially getting your ass kicked by the aforementioned acquaintance! :P

Mjb1985
Advanced Regular

Post by Mjb1985 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:57 am

Yea , you probably deserve it but it's totally worth it. Look I'm not saying to hit on her or pursue her but if she's trying to rape you how can anyone resist? Her bf would understand after he beats your ass . Lol.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:29 am

Mjb1985 wrote:Yea , you probably deserve it but it's totally worth it. Look I'm not saying to hit on her or pursue her but if she's trying to rape you how can anyone resist? Her bf would understand after he beats your ass . Lol.
You do realize that rape means to force sex upon someone without their consent, right? If a woman was going to rape you, she wouldn't do it for your enjoyment. That's pretty much the point of rape.

And "smoking hot girls" are overrated anyway. I'd rather have my health and/or my life than get beaten up just because I couldn't keep it in my pants. Not screwing over other people for your own selfish desires is a good lesson for life.

Mjb1985
Advanced Regular

Post by Mjb1985 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:36 am

Still grumpy eh?

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:05 pm

Mjb1985 wrote:Still grumpy eh?
No, just saying my opinion. It's kind of an unsaid rule to not fuck other people's girlfriends.

Mjb1985
Advanced Regular

Post by Mjb1985 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:25 pm

Agreed which is why it's such a conflict here. Maybe you've never been approached by a hot girl but it's not easy turning down something that happens probably only a couple of times in your life .

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:39 pm

Mjb1985 wrote:Agreed which is why it's such a conflict here. Maybe you've never been approached by a hot girl but it's not easy turning down something that happens probably only a couple of times in your life .
No, I haven't been approached by a hot girl (that was a cheap shot :P ), but I'd rather not get beaten up or otherwise piss off a guy that I may like because I had some (meaningless) one-night stand with his girlfriend. Guilt's a powerful thing too. And the fantasy is always better than the reality.

Mjb1985
Advanced Regular

Post by Mjb1985 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:33 pm

No way dude a fantasy coming true is way better. Trust me mucho sex in my time. Get on out there and get you some tail boy it's good stuff! Damn virgins need to put the laptop down once in a while! Lol. But yea getting beat up is not too big of a deal to me , I'm in to boxing and stuff so getting punched is no biggie. Obviously getting punched hard sucks , but I like my chances anyway I'm no pushover. Ok take out the getting beat up part your acquaintance is not a threat at all , still wouldn't do it? And note I said acquaintance not friend.