Number of posts put into battle strengths

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theawesomepossum777
Beyond Newbie

Number of posts put into battle strengths

Post by theawesomepossum777 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:15 pm

Has anyone thought that their number of posts ranked their battle power? For example, after I post this, I will be one bit stronger. I would say VegettoEX and Kaboom are the Goku and Vegeta of this fourm. I probably rank around the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai... :lol:

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Number of posts put into battle strengths

Post by Saiga » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:12 am

That would be pretty cool, actually, making the post counts into battle powers. Making things more Dragon Ball related. :P

So I guess I can take Raditz in a fight? Neat.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:23 am

The last thing we want to do is encourage posting for posting's sake. Personally, I'd prefer to have the post count hidden entirely.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:20 am

desirecampbell wrote:The last thing we want to do is encourage posting for posting's sake. Personally, I'd prefer to have the post count hidden entirely.
We're not doing that; it's just a fun little game to see how our current post count correlates with battle power.

I could probably hold my own against Saiyan arc Gokuu post-Kaiou's training. Then he'd just destroy me with the Kaiouken. :lol:
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:20 pm

If I try really hard, maybe I'll be able to kick the Farmer's ass and not get too badly beaten in the process.

;_;

I don't post much really...or haven't posted much as of late.
Ejercito Zapatista de Liberacion Nacional: Es nuestra palabra sencilla...

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:44 pm

Dude, you could solo both Goku and Piccolo vs. Raditz.

I'd solo you though. :P

theawesomepossum777
Beyond Newbie

Post by theawesomepossum777 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:50 pm

Seeing how the number of posts we can have on this fourm is limited, the strongest somebody could probably get is around half of Vegeta's battle power in the Saiyan Arc.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:27 pm

theawesomepossum777 wrote:Seeing how the number of posts we can have on this fourm is limited
Is it? What's the limit?
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:43 pm

I don't think it is limited, and Kaboom is already over half of Saiyan Arc Vegeta.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:51 pm

Saiga wrote:I don't think it is limited, and Kaboom is already over half of Saiyan Arc Vegeta.
He'd be even further along if he hadn't stopped posting for like a month now, just so that he could make #10,000 "special". =P
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:25 am

I couldn't imagine there being a limit, unless its unfathomably high that no one would ever reach it.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:38 am

Insertclevername wrote:I couldn't imagine there being a limit, unless its unfathomably high that no one would ever reach it.
Even if there are limits, I'm sure we can surpass them. That's what shonen is all about!
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:20 pm

desirecampbell wrote:The last thing we want to do is encourage posting for posting's sake. Personally, I'd prefer to have the post count hidden entirely.
This. While I'd like to think that the forum as a whole is of a mature attitude, I can't imagine how there wouldn't be a near-continuous influx of new members who ding ten threads at a time with single line posts just to raise their "power level".

I could go either way on hiding post count. On the one hand, I like to look at mine as a reference of how much of myself I've put into this community. On the other hand, I suppose the date I joined is an equal enough indicator of that sort of thing that the post count wouldn't really matter.

Eh.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

theawesomepossum777
Beyond Newbie

Post by theawesomepossum777 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:33 pm

Li'l Lemmy wrote:
This. While I'd like to think that the forum as a whole is of a mature attitude, I can't imagine how there wouldn't be a near-continuous influx of new members who ding ten threads at a time with single line posts just to raise their "power level".

I could go either way on hiding post count. On the one hand, I like to look at mine as a reference of how much of myself I've put into this community. On the other hand, I suppose the date I joined is an equal enough indicator of that sort of thing that the post count wouldn't really matter.

Eh.

~Da Lemmy
Piccolo Daimao already said that this is just a fun little game I made up. It's not supposed to be taken seriously at all. You're kinda of overreacting. People who would actually post just to get their post count higher are not going to get anywhere. People are just gauging what their post count is right NOW compared to battle powers in Dragon Ball.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:45 pm

Yeah, I think everyone understands that--but my first thought was along the same lines as theirs. Initially I was going to be the first person to reply and say something like: "This is a fun idea, but I can't help imagining certain types of people coming along, posting just to get their post count up, and ruining it for everyone." Maybe that's pessimistic, and I ended up not saying it because I didn't want to be a killjoy, but it is the sort of thing that happens... But anyway, I doubt this one thread, as you've written it, will cause any problems.

Speaking of hiding our post counts, if we practice hard enough, do you think we can learn to suppress them at will?

theawesomepossum777
Beyond Newbie

Post by theawesomepossum777 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:03 pm

Bussani wrote:Yeah, I think everyone understands that--but my first thought was along the same lines as theirs. Initially I was going to be the first person to reply and say something like: "This is a fun idea, but I can't help imagining certain types of people coming along, posting just to get their post count up, and ruining it for everyone." Maybe that's pessimistic, and I ended up not saying it because I didn't want to be a killjoy, but it is the sort of thing that happens... But anyway, I doubt this one thread, as you've written it, will cause any problems.

Speaking of hiding our post counts, if we practice hard enough, do you think we can learn to suppress them at will?
Yeah, then we will strike Recoome at the right moment with our post power (PP for short). :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:19 am

Bussani wrote:
theawesomepossum777 wrote:Seeing how the number of posts we can have on this fourm is limited
Is it? What's the limit?
I'm actually curious about this too.

One thing is when you look on the profile page of a member, it shows "x% of all posts". Kaboom has the most amount of posts (9999), and he only has "1.80% of all posts". I would imagine the limit has got to be just below 1,000,000.
Li'l Lemmy wrote:While I'd like to think that the forum as a whole is of a mature attitude, I can't imagine how there wouldn't be a near-continuous influx of new members who ding ten threads at a time with single line posts just to raise their "power level".

I agree. I don't think people should post just to "raise their power level". As desirecampbell said, we shouldn't encourage posting for posting's sake.

I could also go either way on the post count, but I lean more towards showing your post count. I think the number together with someone's join date is a good indicator of how much someone actively participates in discussion on the forum.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:35 am

Shiyonasan wrote:One thing is when you look on the profile page of a member, it shows "x% of all posts". Kaboom has the most amount of posts (9999), and he only has "1.80% of all posts". I would imagine the limit has got to be just below 1,000,000.
That just means that his 9999 posts account for 1.80% of the forum's total post count (which is currently 555754, so that's about right). To be honest, I don't think there's a limit--but I could be wrong, which is why I asked.

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:56 pm

Bussani wrote:That just means that his 9999 posts account for 1.80% of the forum's total post count (which is currently 555754, so that's about right). To be honest, I don't think there's a limit--but I could be wrong, which is why I asked.
Woops, you're right.

I agree with you now. I don't think there's a limit. If there is, it's got to be an absurd number.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:06 am

Shiyonasan wrote:
I agree with you now. I don't think there's a limit. If there is, it's got to be an absurd number.
GT SSJ4 Gogeta.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)