Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

samuraix123
I Live Here

Re: Mystery Shounen JUMP countdown

Post by samuraix123 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:30 pm

I read a comment that said ''Maybe Vampire Hunter D?''' That would be awesome but I highly doubt that's what it is. I'm calling it folks! Dragonball Z some kinda new special! I'm dead wrong and I know it :lol:
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:57 am

I'm pretty sure most of us would want this to be Dragon Ball related, but the chances of that to me seem pretty low. Still, anything is possible.
I for one would kill if this were Death Note related though, one of my favorite series of all time, next to DB of course.
One World. 🌐 🕊

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:10 am

kei17 wrote:In addition, there's a rumor of Digital Jump, the e-book version of Shonen Jump.
Frankly I think that's more plausible.

I highly doubt something like a misterious D letter would be related to any series, but instead probably advertises some new product.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:52 am

According to V-Jump's official twitter account, a lot of people are guessing the right manga series, but no one has yet to predict what kind of thing happens to "D".

http://twitter.com/V_Jump/status/221607436270845953

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:14 am

kei17 wrote:According to V-Jump's official twitter account, a lot of people are guessing the right manga series, but no one has yet to predict what kind of thing happens to "D".

"What kind of thing" eh? Curious wording, as it implies something happening to something that already exists, maybe? Hmm...
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:24 pm

So it is a manga series then. I was actually thinking about that Digital thing myself. Anyway, the more I think about it, the more I doubt it has anything to do with Dragon Ball simply because "D" doesn't strike me as something that would be used to have fans connect to Dragon Ball. The letter "D" does, however, have an significant role in One Piece though. Don't know about anything about D.Gray-man.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:20 am

kei17 wrote:According to V-Jump's official twitter account, a lot of people are guessing the right manga series, but no one has yet to predict what kind of thing happens to "D".

And what's this series people are predicting?

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:49 am

Well, One Piece just got a new film that is simply called "Z"...

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:14 pm

My wildest thought is that they're going to do a brand new DB manga series (as in actual new story-lines), but I know that's near-impossible. They already have the cute, yet rehashing SD going on.

This has got to be something related to One Piece's "Will of D".

Yet I get my hopes up that it's something more interesting to me than that; how frustrating that feels.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:26 pm

Obviously what we're counting down is a revival of DNA², the hilarious story of a woman from the future trying to prevent a boy from scoring.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:52 pm

A new Dragon Ball movie is being rumored among the Japanese fans. I still doubt that it will happen though.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:54 pm

kei17 wrote:A new Dragon Ball movie is being rumored among the Japanese fans. I still doubt that it will happen though.
Well, the comic is turning thirty in two years. If Toei wants to make a big deal out of it two years of production time should be enough. Then again, at this point anything could happen.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:27 pm

Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:40 pm

kei17 wrote:A new Dragon Ball movie is being rumored among the Japanese fans. I still doubt that it will happen though.
Totally kickass if it were true.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:45 pm

Aw man, I'm trying to keep my hopes as low as possible :(

But yeah, small chances of that happening I'm still crossing my fingers though

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:50 pm

I had no hopes for this thing to be Dragon Ball related until this post. Darn you.
Is the rumor there will be a new animated movie or new live action movie?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:16 pm

My much-wished-for "DB's answer to Strong World movie"? With the same 2-year-long build-up Strong World had? O_O That is an ultimate 'dreams-can-come-true' scenario. It can't be that; not after the dullness of SD and the cut-and-slice that was Kai, can it? I want it to be true so badly though. Frustrating countdown and rumors; making me think we're going to get some juicy DB news after all this year. >_<
I feel like I've been burned before, but it doesn't hurt to dream.
Long, fun-filled, gorgeously-2-D-animated new DB movie with a brand new storyline, how I wish for the rumors to be true.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

NessMudkip
Beyond Newbie

Post by NessMudkip » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:30 pm

Chuquita wrote:My much-wished-for "DB's answer to Strong World movie"? With the same 2-year-long build-up Strong World had? O_O That is an ultimate 'dreams-can-come-true' scenario. It can't be that; not after the dullness of SD and the cut-and-slice that was Kai, can it? I want it to be true so badly though. Frustrating countdown and rumors; making me think we're going to get some juicy DB news after all this year. >_<
I feel like I've been burned before, but it doesn't hurt to dream.
Long, fun-filled, gorgeously-2-D-animated new DB movie with a brand new storyline, how I wish for the rumors to be true.
NOPE. Not getting my hopes up... but god, that would be so cool...
Hey! Check out my YouTube Channel! I talk about Dragon Ball quite a lot. www.youtube.com/nessmudkipz

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:18 pm

Chuquita wrote:My much-wished-for "DB's answer to Strong World movie"? With the same 2-year-long build-up Strong World had?
Um, wasn't the two year long build up purely unintentional due to Oda essentially rewriting the entire movie?

Speaking of, said movie would require the heavy involvement of the original author (which is never going to happen). Maybe they can get whoever made the 2008 special so enjoyable. Otherwise it's going to be a wash.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:31 pm

I don't follow One Piece that closely, I wouldn't know the reason why it was two years. I'm aware the original script was different and then chucked for a new one. I know Oda worked on it while simultaneously working on the manga.

I guess I should've been more detailed earlier, or I should've made the comparison looser. It's not even the idea of Toriyama-involvement that would've been the main thing for me. I really enjoyed the Jump 08 special; I'd like to have those writers back.

For me, Strong World was a really good One Piece movie; storyline, action, and presentation. The hype leading up to it was also exciting. It would be nice if there were to be a similar situation occur with DB, in my opinion.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!