Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fox666
I Live Here

Re: Mystery Shounen JUMP countdown

Post by Fox666 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:30 pm

But it's not something I feel like Toriyama would do.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:40 pm

AgitoZ wrote:
Chuquita wrote:My much-wished-for "DB's answer to Strong World movie"? With the same 2-year-long build-up Strong World had?
Um, wasn't the two year long build up purely unintentional due to Oda essentially rewriting the entire movie?

Speaking of, said movie would require the heavy involvement of the original author (which is never going to happen). Maybe they can get whoever made the 2008 special so enjoyable. Otherwise it's going to be a wash.
Koyama Takao wrote the 2008 special, so getting him back for a film would be great, considering he was so heavily influential on the older series'.

I wouldn't really shoot for a Strong World-level movie, though. Shoot higher. :P
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:49 pm

2010 - Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans
2011 - Episode of Bardock
2012 - ?

Don't feel like this has much to do with Dragon Ball but after thinking of the yearly specials it might have something to do with it, or not.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:08 pm

JulieYBM wrote:I wouldn't really shoot for a Strong World-level movie, though. Shoot higher. :P
So, what, OP Movie 6 level?
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:31 pm

AgitoZ wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:I wouldn't really shoot for a Strong World-level movie, though. Shoot higher. :P
Yeah, six or nine. Strong World lacked punch, outside of a few funny jokes, and the animation wasn't quite as boundry-pushing. The key is to make not just any old movie, but to make a movie that pushes the audience's perception of the property and it's conventions. I think that's what a fresh start on Dragon Ball needs.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:50 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
AgitoZ wrote:
Yeah, six or nine. Strong World lacked punch, outside of a few funny jokes, and the animation wasn't quite as boundry-pushing. The key is to make not just any old movie, but to make a movie that pushes the audience's perception of the property and it's conventions. I think that's what a fresh start on Dragon Ball needs.
What about OP movie 7? That was OP at it's finest!

*Sits back and waits to see if anyone gets it*

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:54 pm

Scarz wrote:
What about OP movie 7? That was OP at it's finest!

*Sits back and waits to see if anyone gets it*
I'm so glad I don't have to be the one to make that joke. :)

Although, I do think a late-night Dragon Ball series that re-tells the story as a harem fan service series would be interesting...
She/Her
bisexual milf

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:17 pm

Aww, dang... now my hopes are really high!
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:31 pm

Movie 6 is my favorite One Piece movie; it's the only one of all ten that I've re-watched multiple times. Same director as Summer Wars and The Girl who Leapt through Time (also liked both of those) I'd be interested to see his take on a DB movie.

I got curious about the whole "people guessing the right series" so I did a twitter search for that "shonenjump_countdown" and google-translated each one listed there. Here's the page: https://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23shonenjump_countdown
I realize this might not be the only tag floating around, but as I currently don't know the others, this is all I got.

Anyway! My final tally of title-drops by twitter users upon going through the whole page was:
One Piece - 2
Dragon Ball - 5
Doraemon - 1

So...maybe it is something DB-related?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:40 pm

Chuquita wrote:Movie 6 is my favorite One Piece movie; it's the only one of all ten that I've re-watched multiple times. Same director as Summer Wars and The Girl who Leapt through Time (also liked both of those) I'd be interested to see his take on a DB movie.
Hosoda Mamoru worked on Dragon Ball Z before. :wink: He was key animator for episode #173 and Dragon Ball Z movies #8 and #10.

Then again, it's not really the style he's known for... :P
She/Her
bisexual milf

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:00 am

I forgot to mention that the movie is going be released in 2013 according to the rumor. But again, I highly doubt that it happens. If it really does, I'll eat my pants, wander around my city wearing Goku's dougi, and draw a doujinshi featuring DB girls.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:02 am

kei17 wrote:and draw a doujinshi featuring DB girls.
No reason you can't do that now. ;)

Anyway, that's an interesting rumor, although I can't think of any significant Dragon Ball anniversaries that would occur in 2013, so it'd be interesting to see what sort of effort is placed into the project.
She/Her
bisexual milf

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:23 am

It's One Piece or Dragon Ball. I'm happy either way.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:28 am

kei17 wrote:I forgot to mention that the movie is going be released in 2013 according to the rumor. But again, I highly doubt that it happens. If it really does, I'll eat my pants, wander around my city wearing Goku's dougi, and draw a doujinshi featuring DB girls.
I'm going to hold you to that Kei :lol: I really do hope it's dragonball related or maybe it's Dragonball ''Hoshi'' :lol: :lol: I'm sorry guys I had to do it :lol:
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:39 am

I know that movie 6 is appreciated by fans for it's unusual style, both in animation and tone , yet I'm not sure that would fit with Dragon Ball. I love both The girl who leapt through time and Summer Wars (and the Digimon movie) so I'd love to see what he'd do with the DB franchise a director, but I think I'd prefer the animation style form OP movie 10.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:44 am

The site has changed a little bit and now you can see some silhouette looks like Shenlong.. Damn, do I really have to eat my pants?! :lol:

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:50 am

kei17 wrote:The site has changed a little bit and now you can see some silhouette looks like Shenlong.. Damn, do I really have to eat my pants?! :lol:
Oh my God you're right I can see it! :D Kei I don't know how you're going to eat your pants but good luck! :lol:

Oh my God I'm so excited! :D Thanks Kei it's 2 in the morning now I can't sleep!

There's no doubt in my mind that's shenron I don't care what anyone says! :lol:
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:58 am

kei17 wrote:The site has changed a little bit and now you can see some silhouette looks like Shenlong.. Damn, do I really have to eat my pants?! :lol:
If that isn't Shenlong, I might just eat mine!

Now I'm starting to get very excited!
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:03 am

Can someone upload a screen cap? Flash doesn't work on the iPod.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:03 am

Here you go! :D

Come on people it's 2 in the morning get out of bed! we got stuff to talk about :lol: I'm going to die if this says ''Dragonball Z HD Collection...Coming Soon!'' :lol:
Last edited by samuraix123 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
#1 Paikuhan fan!