Most useless character ever!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Most useless character ever!

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:54 pm

Although it'd be a bit of an odd opinion but I think Uub is the most useless character in the history of Dragon Ball. All he did was get a power boost which only resulted in him quickly getting his ass handed to him by Bebi during their little light show. No one cared about what happened to him.

Goku neglected his friends and family for 5 years just to train that village runt but he amounts to nothing. Uub makes Yamcha look respectable and that's saying something.
Last edited by DBZAOTA482 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

PhoenixEX
Regular

Re: Most useless character ever!

Post by PhoenixEX » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:06 pm

Goten and Kid trunks, although memorable, are useless overall.
One World. 🌐 🕊

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:03 pm

Definitely Chiaotzu. Has he actually done ANYTHING of worth?

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:07 pm

Well, he did rig the match-ups in the prelims of the 23rd Budoukai, without which there's a possibility that the finals could have been really boring! Maybe...

(It's just too bad he didn't notice he was pairing himself against Tao Pai Pai)
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:08 pm

Uub's worthlessness is not the fault of the intended canon. It's GT's fault.

Everyone knows that Gyuumao is the most useless.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:15 pm

How can you ignore the fact that if he wasn't swallowed by Baby, Goku & co would be dead, which would give the result of him succeeding his goal?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Toadster
Beyond Newbie

Post by Toadster » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:25 pm

Chaoz is useful. Without him, Tien probably wouldn't have had a permanent training partner. Tien was pretty damn useful.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:30 pm

penguintruth wrote: Everyone knows that Gyuumao is the most useless.
But he keeps Chichi from getting herself in situations that can get her killed... or from killing Goku whenever she loses her temper.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:34 pm

Yamcha, he do's nothing in Z but get killed by a saibaman. He makes krillin look like the strongest hero ever a live.

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:31 pm

Goten who was just used to help make Trunks stronger; Gotenks.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:40 pm

I smell Goten bashing, grr...

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:50 pm

Bulma's mom.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:58 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:Bulma's mom.
There, that''s better.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Raykugen
Regular

Post by Raykugen » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:11 pm

Chaoz, he even has never talked with Goku
Do you want NEW GENERATION DRAGON BALL (Z, GT..) IMAGES? In HQ? Of all characters? Click here: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=17178
My Deviantart: http://raykugen.deviantart.com/
Dragon Ball Characters Project Deviantart: http://dbcproject.deviantart.com/

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:46 pm

Raykugen wrote:Chaoz, he even has never talked with Goku
That's a good point. No exchange with the main character....... what kinda shit is that?
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:00 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:
That's a good point. No exchange with the main character....... what kinda shit is that?
Ikr he's so ungrateful. Goku punched Nappa in honor of him and Chaozu refuses to morally support Goku during the Cell Games? Even Vegeta showed up.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:12 pm

Definitely Chaozu.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:05 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
DarkPrince_92 wrote:
Ikr he's so ungrateful. Goku punched Nappa in honor of him and Chaozu refuses to morally support Goku during the Cell Games? Even Vegeta showed up.
I'm glad he didn`t, there would be one more Cell Junior :wink:
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:37 am

I'm official Chaozu hater! I really can't stand this whiny suicider-for-nothing creepy gay wraith!!!
Tenshinhan being genderless like Piccolo will make me sleep comfortably.
Imagine for example, getting to house with this megaton-beauty chic you met at bar and as you unlock the door
then there is.......
CHAOZUUUUUU!!!! Chinese alien-hybrid good-for-nothing gay ninja!!!
Hell, chic is away and this "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named-Again" squeeks with tears in his eyes: ''Ten-san!''
Being Tenshinhan, I will let myself be eaten alive by my third eye!
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:41 am

Goku's not his type, he was home violently mas#$%@&*ing on Tenshinhan's clothes.
What was Mr. Toriyama thinking writing this character.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88