Which family would you live with?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gonstead
I Live Here

Which family would you live with?

Post by Gonstead » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:28 am

Same as the title. The Son's, Briefs', Kame House, Satan's and Buu or The Lookout?

For another fun addition, which time period would you start at?

Me? Shhhh... thats actually a tough one so I can't really decide at the moment.
Last edited by Gonstead on Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Fox666
I Live Here

Re: Which family would you live with?

Post by Fox666 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:34 am

With Bulma's I guess? I don't want to see my father being killed when I am a child and starts to live with a demon waiting to confront these guys who are going to destroy the planet.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:35 am

Bulma's. Pet dinosaurs, people.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:42 am

Blooma's, obviously, starting from any time period. She's freakin' rich, I could invite my friends round for sleepovers all the time because of just how big Capsule Corporation HQ is, and look at all the stray pets that Dr. Brief keeps in that garden!
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:56 am

Hmm....I might say the Brief's considering that they're the richest family on earth and you have Bulma and that MIL- er.....Mrs. Brief walking around. :wink: I'd only have to watch out for Vegeta.... Then again living in the Son household would be cool, having Gohan and Goten as friends wouldn't sound too bad. The only bad thing would be that I would live in the middle of no where!

Also,
Briefs=Boo saga

Son= EoZ
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:00 am

I'll go with the Briefs...pre-EoZ at least:

1) Goku makes Vegeta look like Father of the year.

2) Gohan went through hell for most of his childhood and almost all of it on his own.

3) The Sons live in the middle of nowhere.

4) Bulma has mad money in the bank, heck I can wipe my ass with $100 bills and that won't cover even 1% of their income. :mrgreen:
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:05 am

Bulma's, and any time period.

sonikku956
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sonikku956 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:45 am

The Krillin/Roshi household. I don't think I would eat anything in Goku's house and I don't like Vegeta that much.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:42 am

I'd rather not be in the city. Roshi's place sounds awesome! The only thing that I would not like about Roshi's place is a chance of a tsunami. However, Roshi's house is a capsule house so we can move to wherever the fuck we want to go to.

So yeah, Roshi's house
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:01 am

I'd love to live at Kame House, personally. Kame Sen'nin is the most fun character in the series, and I have no complaints about Kuririn, Oolong or Lunch either.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:12 am

The Briefs, definitely! Any time period. Sure, it might be awkward to live in the same area as Vegeta, but then again, the Briefs are probably rich enough to afford a Guest Mansion. I'll just chill in that.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:28 am

As much as I would love to live at the Kame house (Roshi and I would have a lot in common) it just too cramped. Sure you'll have a great view of the ocean... from all sides, but to live with Roshi, Krillin, 18, Marron, and (possibly) Oolong in small island house? Nah.

The Son house is definitely out. I'm not much of a country bumpkin and living in the middle of the woods seems boring as all hell. Plus Chichi would probably force you to do tons chores just to earn your stay. I love cooking, but to cook for Goku and his kin would be difficult.

The Briefs' house is the most logical answer. They're rich, they'll live in a huge capsule house, and it's located in the city. Plenty of stuff to do around there. The only real issue I see is dealing with Vegeta, which you'll probably won't have much interaction with since he's in the GR half his life.

But I'll choose to live alone in West City. Why? Because no one will invite someone they don't know to live with them. :P

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:31 am

sonikku956 wrote:I don't like Vegeta that much.
Well, since Capsule Corp. HQ is so frickin' huge, you could go whole days without ever having to see the man at all. Not to mention the fact that he just seems to obsessively train in the gravity room most of the time and would dislike you as much, if not moreso, than you dislike him, so chances are he wouldn't want to talk to you either.
Scarz wrote:But I'll choose to live alone in West City. Why? Because no one will invite someone they don't know to live with them. :P
See above.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:32 am

I guess adding Kame House is official then.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:25 pm

I changed my mind, Kuririn and 18. Obvious reasons .
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:56 pm

Kame House..... Altough being perverted I don't know any martial arts.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:55 pm

The Brief's house would be the best, for reasons that have already been stated: in the middle of the city with plenty of stuff to do, huge mansion with all the luxuries you could ever want (robot maids!), and plentiful eye candy, whether you enjoy catching a glimpse of Bulma, her hot mom, or even Vegeta stepping out of the shower, his body wrapped in only a towel, his muscles glistening with....uh, what were we talking about again? Oh yeah, pet dinosaurs! If you wanted, you could even train a dinosaur to ride on top of a ball :wink:
Scarz wrote: But I'll choose to live alone in West City. Why? Because no one will invite someone they don't know to live with them. :P
"Oh, hi entire alien race, and genocidal maniac who tried to kill all my friends a few months ago. Would you like to come live at my house?" Oh, that Bulma :lol:
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:24 pm

sailorspazz wrote:(robot maids!)
Those two words together have a completely different meaning to me now... :lol:
sailorspazz wrote:plentiful eye candy, whether you enjoy catching a glimpse of Bulma, her hot mom, or even Vegeta stepping out of the shower, his body wrapped in only a towel, his muscles glistening with....uh, what were we talking about again?
And then you daydream for so long that you don't realize you're standing in front of Enma's desk after Vegeta blew you away for intruding on his "private time". :wink:
sailorspazz wrote:
Scarz wrote:But I'll choose to live alone in West City. Why? Because no one will invite someone they don't know to live with them. :P
"Oh, hi entire alien race, and genocidal maniac who tried to kill all my friends a few months ago. Would you like to come live at my house?" Oh, that Bulma :lol:
Yeah, even as far back as the first arc, she invites a violent bandit she barely knows, his pet cat, and a shapeshifting pig who previously kidnapped girls and almost molested her, back to her big-ass house.

It's kind of justified for the Namekians, since they literally had nowhere else to go (would you offer accommodation to a bunch of alien immigrants whose motives for residing in your world you didn't know?) and Blooma had the space. But not Vegeta; Tenshinhan was damn right in asking Yamcha how he could stomach living with him.

Talking of immigration, I wonder how people like God (before he became God and practically disappeared from the normal populace) and Vegeta got past. The government of Dragon World's Earth must have some kind of system in place to stop alien visitors from coming in all the time without permission and just staying there. :P

theawesomepossum777
Beyond Newbie

Post by theawesomepossum777 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:11 pm

You would think I would choose Bulma's house, but I would either choose Kame House or The Sons' Household. Both of them are pretty cool. I just like hanging out with people. Meeting Son Goku would be a treat. Sometimes I eat like Goku... :lol:

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:44 pm

Can I hang with Roshi? He's got a nice house on a secluded island(with beautiful neighboring islands close by). Plus he'd be a very entertaining roommate and he seems to get the most guests so it's not like I wouldn't get to see anybody. I'd want to live there before Krillin and 18 move in, otherwise it might get too crammed. Of course we could always make extensions, Krillin wouldn't be a bad roomate either.

I would never want to live with Goku and his family. One, he's either always dead or away and two, there doesn't look like there is too much to do. I could deal with Roshi's house because it has a beach and I love the ocean. I'd get board easily living in a small house in the forest.

Bulma and her family would be great but I wouldn't feel comfortable living with Vegeta and Kid Trunks sounds like he'd be a pain in the butt. It's a nice place though and I'd probably visit all the time maybe even try to work with her father.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?