Dragon Ball memes!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball memes!

Post by FlpShimizu » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:05 pm

Poor Kuririn.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:12 pm

Not a meme, but so true.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:06 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:48 am

James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Son Geeko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Geeko » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:01 am

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:28 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:26 am

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:09 am

I swore I would not post here until I found one that I had literally never seen before, be it the same pic or a different version of the same joke. ...That time is now.

And not sure if it counts as a meme but...

AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:03 am

Forgetful Toriyama.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:50 pm

Advice Bulma: http://thedragonballblog.blogspot.com/2 ... bulma.html

Nothing against Bulma and I could argue that she calmed down by the Android Saga (which is around the time she settle down with Vegeta) but I so agree with this. I certainly agree with one comment in that's pretty unfair Chichi gets labelled 'the awful bitch of DBZ' by the fanbase just for wanted her (then) only child safe and to succeed in life, which is not that uncommon with mothers, yet Bulma is just as much of a 'bitch', if not more, and is considered a saint. However, I don't want to go off-topic.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:40 am

Gonna have to just link to this one, the pic is way too big.

http://us4.memecdn.com/family-tree_o_578182.jpg

Heh. :lol:
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:01 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Gonna have to just link to this one, the pic is way too big.

http://us4.memecdn.com/family-tree_o_578182.jpg

Heh. :lol:
Thats great! :lol:
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:49 am

Silver Sinspawn
Advanced Regular

Post by Silver Sinspawn » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:40 pm

How is it that NONE of you understand what a meme is?
Oh, you think the Grand Tour is your ally, you merely stepped into the Grand Tour. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn’t see the Super until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but blinding!

Silver Sinspawn
Advanced Regular

Post by Silver Sinspawn » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:43 pm

Jodaku wrote:
This awesome childhood shit is ridiculous.
It's generally things 99% of people that aren't living in a third world country would remember. Not to mention, you posted it on a Dragon Ball forum.
Oh, you think the Grand Tour is your ally, you merely stepped into the Grand Tour. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn’t see the Super until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but blinding!

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:35 pm

Last edited by DBZAOTA482 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:46 pm

Silver Sinspawn wrote:How is it that NONE of you understand what a meme is?
I can't speak for anyone else, but I for one personally don't care one way or the other about "the proper use of a meme". It's amazing how up in arms people get about that kind of thing.

Twitter

Jodaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jodaku » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:32 pm

Silver Sinspawn wrote:
Jodaku wrote:
[img]Snip[/img]
This awesome childhood shit is ridiculous.
It's generally things 99% of people that aren't living in a third world country would remember. Not to mention, you posted it on a Dragon Ball forum.
Chill dude, it's all just a bit of fun. :roll:

MisguidedGhost
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MisguidedGhost » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:20 am

Silver Sinspawn wrote:How is it that NONE of you understand what a meme is?
I feel ya, dude. I had to explain to a friend of mine the difference between memes and image macros just a few days ago. That said, even though most of the things posted here aren't actually memes, I still find them funny.