Dragon Ball memes!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball memes!

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:01 am

Yeah, those "awesome childhood" memes annoy me as well. It's like they're a lazy way for people to feel cool.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Jodaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jodaku » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:53 am

Well I can only speak for myself, but in a throwaway fun thread posting meme images (sorry I didn't research the people's ideal definition of a meme...), I just posted "memes" that I thought were fun and somewhat rung true to me personally. And *gasp* Dragon Ball is a positive memory for me growing up (i.e. awesome). Wasn't trying to be cool.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:32 pm

Son Geeko wrote:Image
Funny thing is, your avatar is doing the same! :lol:
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:26 pm

...So that's what Freeza does on his days off.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:38 pm

James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:21 pm

^ I actually really like that one for some reason!
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:34 pm

Yeah... it could be great if actual effort had gone into it, instead of just cutting and pasting a whole bunch of meme garbage onto it.
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:33 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Image
Very rare.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:10 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:33 am

This suddenly stopped being threatening for some reason around...oh, about the time of the Cell Games. So Goku went with Plan B...dying.
Last edited by Gyt Kaliba on Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:01 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Image

This suddenly stopped being threatening for some reason around...oh, about the time of the Cell Games. So Goku went with Plan B...dying.
I can't see the image. :(
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:16 am

Insertclevername wrote:I can't see the image. :(
Weird. :/ I swapped it out with a re-uploaded copy, does it work now?
Twitter

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:52 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:44 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Insertclevername wrote:I can't see the image. :(
Weird. :/ I swapped it out with a re-uploaded copy, does it work now?
Nice, I see it now! :)

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:05 pm

Poor, poor Krillin. :lol:
Twitter

Son Geeko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Geeko » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:53 pm

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:06 pm

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:27 am

I dislike memes, but I came up with this, so I just quickly threw it together:

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:58 am

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:13 am