What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Son Satan
Beyond Newbie

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by Son Satan » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:35 pm

I picked up the Blu Ray version of Kai Part 4 finally for $32 off Amazon. It was factory sealed and sold directly through Amazon (apparently they found it in the warehouse since they only had the one left in stock). It didn't have the slipcover, which I'm a bit bummed about, but the discs and case are perfect. Hopefully I'll find a way to get another slipcover.
DanielGClapp wrote:Every time my dad sees anything anime, he always say "When are these goddam Japs gonna learn how to draw?".

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:33 pm

My most recent purchases.

My Dragon Ball GT: Complete Series and the Pioneer box set of the first three movies are on there way as we speak! The Pioneer box set should arrive today. It's gonna be so much fun watching them! :D

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:43 pm

I got Dragon Ball Z Kai Collection 1 and 2 Blu-Ray (Australian release, no slipcovers) in the mail today, along with a bunch of older DVD releases of Z.. the Black Water Mist, World Tournament, and Fusion box.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:50 pm

Ordered Budokai 2 NGC version to play on my mom's Wii (I mean dust mite haven)
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:22 am

LordCrumb wrote:I got Dragon Ball Z Kai Collection 1 and 2 Blu-Ray (Australian release, no slipcovers) in the mail today, along with a bunch of older DVD releases of Z.. the Black Water Mist, World Tournament, and Fusion box.
If you happen to get Collection 4 eventually, could you tell me if it contains the Yamamoto score or not? Since from what I've been hearing, Madman's release of Collection/Part 4 actually had the Kikuchi replacement score and the first three BD collections I have, have the discs taken straight from the US release so if Collection 4 is the same, that should have the Yamamoto score too.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:55 am

BluezaBladeNZ wrote:
LordCrumb wrote:I got Dragon Ball Z Kai Collection 1 and 2 Blu-Ray (Australian release, no slipcovers) in the mail today, along with a bunch of older DVD releases of Z.. the Black Water Mist, World Tournament, and Fusion box.
If you happen to get Collection 4 eventually, could you tell me if it contains the Yamamoto score or not? Since from what I've been hearing, Madman's release of Collection/Part 4 actually had the Kikuchi replacement score and the first three BD collections I have, have the discs taken straight from the US release so if Collection 4 is the same, that should have the Yamamoto score too.
Hi, i'm hoping to get Collection 3 and 4 quite soon, so I will let you know mate! Ps - if you know where I can get Collection 3 in NZ for a good price, please PM me!

I guess it also depends when the whole score problem happened, Collection 4 was released in November 2011 here in NZ.. might have been before the whole thing happened?

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:20 am

LordCrumb wrote:Hi, i'm hoping to get Collection 3 and 4 quite soon, so I will let you know (bleep)! Ps - if you know where I can get Collection 3 in NZ for a good price, please PM me!

I guess it also depends when the whole score problem happened, Collection 4 was released in November 2011 here in NZ.. might have been before the whole thing happened?
Unfortunately I don't, and since we don't have a JB Hi-Fi here (I live in Christchurch :( ), I wouldn't know.

No it got released after it happened. As I recall, the scandal started around Feb/March last year.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:29 am

Oh right, I would say it probably is changed then.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:30 pm

Damn, I was so keen get a bunch of Frieza DVDs on Ebay, but got outbid :( gutted

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:13 pm

Someone that I know was at a thrift store and picked this up for me. Pretty nice to have the first few episodes of the Mexican Spanish dub. :P

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:07 pm

Arrived: Android Saga, Imperfect Cell Saga and Perfect Cell Saga (Original release DVDs).

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Argh, outbid again on the Frieza dvds. That was my max bid too.. would have got them shipped to a friend in the states, then forwarded to me here in NZ. Gutted x2.

LiamKav
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LiamKav » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:03 pm

Which Freeza DVDs were you interested in? I was going to start selling off my old DVDs as I've replaced them with Dragon Box versions.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:13 pm

I was bidding on this lot: http://www.ebay.com/itm/120965435057?_t ... 500wt_1414

Please PM me if you do sell them?

Chibi Gohan
Regular

Post by Chibi Gohan » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:32 pm

Today's pick up. The last set of scultures don't disappoint. I need to pick up another Tao to display both poses, because it's basically 2 figures in one package. Cyborg Tao comes with two faces.

Also took a lot more pictures of the new scultures seen here.

And Figuarts Gohan should be at my doorstep tomorrow... :D
I have a Dragon Ball collection of sorts which can be seen here.

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:44 pm

My brother bought this for me a few weeks back. I don't have a clue when it comes to figures, so not sure what it is. :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/mQnx7.jpg

Sorry for bad quality; iPod.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:36 pm

So I caved in and ordered the two Level sets on Blu-Ray. I wasn't going to, since they have been cancelled, and Funimation will in no doubt change the entire setup if they ever get re-started and thus making these two sets redundant... but I got them for less than $US10 each.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:30 pm

LordCrumb wrote:So I caved in and ordered the two Level sets on Blu-Ray. I wasn't going to, since they have been cancelled, and Funimation will in no doubt change the entire setup if they ever get re-started and thus making these two sets redundant... but I got them for less than $US10 each.
Well worth the purchase, in my opinion.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:38 pm

The nerd store in my town found a bunch of Dragonball action figures in their backstock, so they put them out. I snapped up the US GT Vegeta ones (base and Super).

Probably gonna hit it up tomorrow for more.

Shinsa
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shinsa » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:30 pm

Just got Dragonball Z Kai part 1-3 with Yamamoto score with slip cover and everything for $18!