Dragonball Z: Saiyan Saga - Help make this happen!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragonball Z: Saiyan Saga - Help make this happen!

Post by Avenged » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:07 pm

Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

shonenhikada
Banned

Post by shonenhikada » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:10 pm

I continue to stand by my word that Piccolo should of been played by someone of East Indian descent. This just doesn't feel like Piccolo, and the actor also seems to stringy for the role.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:32 pm

Does it really matter? He's in full green makeup, so you can barely even tell what race he is anyway. Also, Piccolo, especially at this time, was very much stingy, the dude barely ever cracked a smile during this arc. What the actor is trying to represent is Piccolo's tough, boot camp persona.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:32 am

You know for what it's worth I think they did a decent job with this Piccolo. The pink scales(?) on his arm look a bit off but overall I feel the look works. My only gripe is with the martial for the clothes(and this goes for everyone and not just piccolo). I really wish they went with something thicker to make their costumes look more like Gis. Anyone who has ever taken any form of martial arts knows that the material used for their Gi is pretty thick and sturdy and not so raggedy and loose. I'm sure the budget had it's limitations and I can see that they were really trying to capture the baggy pants feel but the outfits just look too thin in my opinion. Oh well, it is what it is and at this point I just want to see the final product.
Last edited by SparkyPantsMcGee on Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:31 am

I just wish he was a lighter green.

TheNamekGio
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheNamekGio » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:27 pm

Why are all you guys so nitpicky about these things?!! Listen I agree that they should've gotten their crap together before filming but god damn, cut them some slack! It's these guys first real film. I would take anything right now besides that god awful DBE.
I'm a DB veteran thats paid my DB dues!!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:03 pm

TheNamekGio wrote:Why are all you guys so nitpicky about these things?!! Listen I agree that they should've gotten their crap together before filming but god damn, cut them some slack! It's these guys first real film. I would take anything right now besides that god awful DBE.
And endless series of "YAY NEW STUFF OK NOTHING ELSE TO CONTRIBUTE HERE" isn't exactly an interesting conversation.

If people want to talk about things they would have done differently, prefer in another way, etc... all the more power to them. That's what "conversation" is...!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:24 pm

Piccolo looks okay, I guess. This is a low budget film, so they don't have the money that DBE had when it came to make up work.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Jackal puFF

Post by Jackal puFF » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:45 am

This is the skin color I would have preferred.. And damn Kami looks so real in that picture. I'm sure Piccolo would have looked better, but alas this shall do haha. Picture was on Kotaku if anyone was wondering.

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:45 pm

What the hell?! O_O Is that picture real? That is amazing! It's like Kami came straight out of the TV with a new black shirt. Why can't everything look that professionally done?
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:52 pm

That looks awesome. I feel like that skin cool and texture looks better then how Piccolo looked in DBE. I seriously don't know why they remove Piccolo's antennae?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:50 pm

Oh yeah saw that on Kotaku as well, pretty awesome. Anyways...

Tenshinhan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenshinhan-san » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:46 pm

Jackal puFF wrote:Image

This is the skin color I would have preferred.. And damn Kami looks so real in that picture. I'm sure Piccolo would have looked better, but alas this shall do haha. Picture was on Kotaku if anyone was wondering.
DragonBall can't be pulled off in Live Action my ass :)

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:23 pm

Avenged wrote:Oh yeah saw that on Kotaku as well, pretty awesome. Anyways...

Wait.. weren't his pants purple during Dragon Ball? Not the Saiyan saga of Z? I normally don't nitpick but would be like if Goku was wearing his outfit from the Buu saga during this trailer. Also I don't understand why the pants look like that. I'm going to take a crack at making them and see what happens. Tien's are fine they honestly fall like that especially in Dragon Ball but Piccolo's pants should have been made to have those folds you see in the series. It probably does need a thicker fabric to do that though.

funrush

Post by funrush » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:24 pm

Avenged wrote:Oh yeah saw that on Kotaku as well, pretty awesome. Anyways...

Cool, although if you ask me, he looks a little childlike to play Tenshinhan.

SSJToreto
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJToreto » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:37 am

Hope they look better on video than in pictures...

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:32 pm

I actually like Tenshinhan. His eye might be a bit small but I feel like he's one of the better designs.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Pafupafu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pafupafu » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:15 am

Tenshinhan's third eye isn't even centered. It looks pathetic. The release of this is going to be a sad, sad day for K&K. Also, the reason Piccolo is such a dark shade of Green is because they shot majority of this against Green Screen backdrops. Too bad they couldn't afford to get a Blue backdrop...just so unprofessional. If they can't even produce a quality promotional photo, the video will DEFINITELY not look any better.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:08 am

You do know this is a fan film? Were you expecting production values equal to the Tranformers movies with acting and writing on par with The Dark Knight? The people promised a DB movie that didn't have Goku in highschool or one that didn't exclude Krillin and so far they seem to be fulfilling that promise. Also I think the reason Piccolo is so dark is because they might be basing it of how he looks in the season sets.

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:29 am

ringworm128 wrote:You do know this is a fan film? Were you expecting production values equal to the Tranformers movies with acting and writing on par with The Dark Knight? The people promised a DB movie that didn't have Goku in highschool or one that didn't exclude Krillin and so far they seem to be fulfilling that promise. Also I think the reason Piccolo is so dark is because they might be basing it of how he looks in the season sets.
Don't mind Pafupafu he is only in this topic to bash this project, has been since the start. Criticism is good whether it's positive or negative, but there's a point to where it just becomes trolling.