Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

coola
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by coola » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:04 pm

Sexual maniac, cannibal, now pedophile, what`s next? Look`s like we have Bardock way of achieve SSJ ("I'm too weak"}

This retrospective of Kakarotto having fun with Kuririn, make me wish to see more of that Universe.
Last edited by coola on Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:14 pm

If she does go Super Saiyan after this, I'm guessing Kakarotto won't stand a chance. She managed to get some decent hits in on him even in base, after all... the gap between them is nowhere near big enough that she'd still be weaker even after transforming.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:37 pm

Warning! Warning! Transformation imminent!
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Dorexx
Regular

Post by Dorexx » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:40 pm

So he wasn't completely evil from the beginning? That's kinda cool.
Pantalones wrote:If she does go Super Saiyan after this, I'm guessing Kakarotto won't stand a chance. She managed to get some decent hits in on him even in base, after all... the gap between them is nowhere near big enough that she'd still be weaker even after transforming.
I think SSJ (in DBM, at least) is a specific level of power, not a multiplier. So power-wise, she'd be at the same level as him. (unless Pan is different and this doesn't apply to her for some reason)
酷签名

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:47 pm

Woohoo for Pan transforming at last! I know I'm among those that complain about the SS form being abused way too much later into the story, but it's kind of because of that, that I find it so odd that we don't have her with the form in any kind of canon. They can abuse it for all of the male characters, but not for our one female Saiyan protagonist? C'mon!

Also, kind of curious about Kakarot's seemingly fond memories of Kuririn. I didn't see that coming, I was expecting him to go on about some kind of really brutal way he killed him...maybe him and Kuririn still bonded in this version, but Kakarot still ended up killing him, and that's what ended up pushing him off the deep end? And maybe his continual harping about human's being so weak is some kind of messed up philosophy, like he thinks that it's Kuririn's fault for dying so easily since he was human, or something.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:24 pm

"You wanna know what I was doing to little human girls?" Please, please, please tell me you were killing them and not... just... please.

Also, am I the only one not cheering for Pan here? She's not a bad character but I just don't care to see her in future matches.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:56 pm

Scarz wrote:"You wanna know what I was doing to little human girls?" Please, please, please tell me you were killing them and not... just... please.

Also, am I the only one not cheering for Pan here? She's not a bad character but I just don't care to see her in future matches.
But at the same time, Kakarot is the sort of character who shouldn't be overused.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

testing223
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by testing223 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:58 pm

Maybe Kakarotto was a brutal maniac, so he never helped Bulma find the Dragonballs, but wasn't in full-kill-humans mode yet.

Roshi takes him in, trains him a bit, he calms down somewhat.

Demon King Piccolo is resurrected and killed Krillin, he lost his only friend, there's no Dragonballs, and his mind completely snapped.
I play baseball and work in LA.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:01 pm

Shit! Goku was friends with Kuririn in U13? I demand a U13 special -1! :lol:

I'm serious. That'd actually be really cool.

Can't wait to see Pan's seemingly inevitable transformation. It'll be fun.
testing223 wrote:Maybe Kakarotto was a brutal maniac, so he never helped Bulma find the Dragonballs, but wasn't in full-kill-humans mode yet.

Roshi takes him in, trains him a bit, he calms down somewhat.

Demon King Piccolo is resurrected and killed Krillin, he lost his only friend, there's no Dragonballs, and his mind completely snapped.
I like this theory. How would he have met Roshi though? And why would he train him? He would've killed Gohan, right?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:24 pm

It looks like Pan is going to win. I hate when they have the good character end up winning on the very last moment.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:53 pm

Pantalones wrote:If she does go Super Saiyan after this, I'm guessing Kakarotto won't stand a chance. She managed to get some decent hits in on him even in base, after all... the gap between them is nowhere near big enough that she'd still be weaker even after transforming.
You think that Kakarotto has been taking this fight seriously at all? I doubt it. He's fighting waaaaay harder against his need to rape Pan's skull than he is actually fighting her.

And Pan's attacks didn't do more to him than a mosquito bite. Even a point blank Kamehameha didn't do anything at all besides breaking his armor.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:09 pm

Yeah, I'm still thinking Pan is going to lose the match, but survive due to the deal Gohan made with the U13 Saiyans, and come out with a new SS transformation to boot. That and it will be more interesting in the next round to see Vegeta versus that Kakarot rather than him versus Pan.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:39 pm

I somehow think that, comparing their base forms, Pan is stronger than Kakarot. So if she went SSJ, she should win this.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:17 pm

Scarz wrote:Also, am I the only one not cheering for Pan here? She's not a bad character but I just don't care to see her in future matches.
I agree with you from a logical point of view, but in spirit I'm cheering for Pan, if that makes any sense...? If she has to lose, I at least want her to lose with dignity--a moral victory of some sort. I think that's sort of likely at this point.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

testing223
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by testing223 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:36 pm

rereboy wrote:
You think that Kakarotto has been taking this fight seriously at all? I doubt it. He's fighting waaaaay harder against his need to rape Pan's skull than he is actually fighting her.

And Pan's attacks didn't do more to him than a mosquito bite. Even a point blank Kamehameha didn't do anything at all besides breaking his armor.
Look closely. He's showing the Toriyama-style light damage of cross-hatches.

I say light because Toriyama tended to show heavy damage with more blood and limping. Which is what Pan's got; she's done some damage, she's just taken more.
I play baseball and work in LA.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:13 pm

He's definitely holding back to some extent, yeah, but... he's still a Super Saiyan fighting someone in base and not completely effortlessly flattening them. He would have to be holding back a whole lot more than he seems to be if she was only equal to his base form. (And grabbing someone and repeatedly slamming them against the floor by the arm in a fit of rage? That isn't exactly "holding back," unless your version of "not holding back" is going for the overpowered ki blasts right off the bat and just disintegrating your opponent. That Pan's still conscious after that says a lot about her power, Kakarotto holding back or not.)

And as someone else already mentioned, he does have the scuff-marks after that blast. In a DBZ battle, being able to damage or destroy someone's clothes/armor and scuff them up like that with one attack doesn't signify a huge power gap too big for even a SSj transformation to close, it just means there's a big enough gap that you can't cause any SERIOUS damage without transforming or using some super-special technique.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:38 pm

I do agree that Pan is doing extremely well, but Vegeta had scuff marks after Kuririn's attack that blew up the Saibaimen, so I'm not sure if they're really supposed to mean anything...? Then again, it depends on what the artists of this comic think, not necessarily Toriyama.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Blackstripe
Regular

Post by Blackstripe » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:16 am

"You know what I used to do to little human girls? I taught them to read books about sparkling Vampires!! AH AH AH AH!!!"

*Pan turns SSJ*

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:42 am

Pantalones wrote:

He's definitely holding back to some extent, yeah, but... he's still a Super Saiyan fighting someone in base and not completely effortlessly flattening them. He would have to be holding back a whole lot more than he seems to be if she was only equal to his base form. (And grabbing someone and repeatedly slamming them against the floor by the arm in a fit of rage? That isn't exactly "holding back," unless your version of "not holding back" is going for the overpowered ki blasts right off the bat and just disintegrating your opponent. That Pan's still conscious after that says a lot about her power, Kakarotto holding back or not.)

And as someone else already mentioned, he does have the scuff-marks after that blast. In a DBZ battle, being able to damage or destroy someone's clothes/armor and scuff them up like that with one attack doesn't signify a huge power gap too big for even a SSj transformation to close, it just means there's a big enough gap that you can't cause any SERIOUS damage without transforming or using some super-special technique.
Check out the Vegeta VS Trunks fight (where Vegeta defeated Trunks with a single blow once he got serious).

There is a HUUUGE difference between fighting, fighting seriously and going pretty much all out. And this was pretty much true even in the original manga.

Also, in the original manga, the scuff-marks were used countless times to illustrate that the attack actually connected but didn't do anything relevant. As for the armor, as the original manga shows and implies, a power level around the power of the main fighters of the Saiyan saga and early Namek saga is more than enough to destroy these armors.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:58 am

rereboy wrote:As for the armor, as the original manga shows and implies, a power level around the power of the main fighters of the Saiyan saga and early Namek saga is more than enough to destroy these armors.
Only when the opponent is around that level. Clothing in Dragonball seems to gain some of the defensive powers of those wearing them, something we see frequently in the series. In order to destroy the armor the attack has to be somewhere somewhat close to that of the wearers power.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.