The 7 deadly sins in Dragon Ball

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nex Carnifex
Banned

The 7 deadly sins in Dragon Ball

Post by Nex Carnifex » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:59 am

Which characters do you think best represent each of the 7 deadly sins? Here is my opinion:

Pride=Perfect Cell
Wrath=Broly
Greed=Freeza
Envy=Captain Ginyu, Vegeta
Gluttony=Fat Buu
Sloth=Yajirobe
Lust=Roshi
Last edited by Nex Carnifex on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Re: The 7 deadly sins in Dragon Ball

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:26 pm

Pride

Tie between Vegeta, Freeza, and Cell.

Wrath

Piccolo Daimao and Broli.

Greed

Uhhhh..... yeah Mark Satan. Kid lose father, take credit for greatest accomplishment and shit on his name.

Envy

Vegeta

Gluttony

Majin Boo

Sloth

Yajirobe

Lust

Kame-senin
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Post by Nex Carnifex » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:48 pm

I think Perfect Cell has the most Pride, Vegeta's Pride is kind of false after a while and Freeza at least has a fear of Super Saiyans which shows his Pride is also kind of false. I agree Satan is greedy but that's more because he's stupid instead of evil. Also, Captain Ginyu almost fits the Envy spot better than Vegeta.

GizmoKSX
Beyond Newbie

Post by GizmoKSX » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:10 pm

Gluttony: Goku
Wrath: Blonde Lunch
Lust: Oolong
Pride: Gotenks
Envy: Garlic
Greed: Emperor Pilaf
Sloth: Super Kami Guru
I can see their parachutes.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:20 pm

Pride

Definately Perfect Cell. His pride encompasses him being a perfect being.
When his pride is destroyed by Gohan, he goes berserk.
Thus, pride is pretty much the only thing he has, pride for his power and perfect composition and mind.

Wrath

The only one I can think of with a personality built and triggered by wrath is Broly.

Greed

Freeza. Even though he has planets to rule and trade as easily as beans on the market, he seeks for more and more. I mean, his wealth is huge enough to retire and live rich for centuries, and there is really no one to match his power.

Envy

Vegeta. All his actions and relationship with Goku is pretty much built on his envy of Goku. It doesn't matter what he is saying, babbling about pride and such things.
He is just envious.

Gluttony

All forms of Buu, easily. They take any chance to absorb a strong fighter for more power. And they all have a sweet tooth.
They eat even though they don't need to.

Sloth

Yajirobe. He has the potential of gaining great power, but he just eats a lot instead.

Lust

Bulma. She meets Vegeta, bangs him (without protection) and that's it.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:47 pm

^ Change Bulma to Roshi and I fully agree with everything.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:15 pm

Gonstead wrote:^ Change Bulma to Roshi and I fully agree with everything.
Roshi. He meets Vegeta, bangs him (without protection) and that's it.

Seriously though, I think exactly the same thing. Though gluttony could actually be Yakon, since he did eat himself to death.