Kami-sama and the Moon

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dorexx
Regular

Kami-sama and the Moon

Post by Dorexx » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:30 am

How do you think he brought it back? What do you think was the exact procedure? Did he just wish it into existence? (like maybe he has some wish granting abilities himself, but to a lesser extent than Shenlong) Or maybe he made a request to other gods above him who may have that ability? (like Enma) Or maybe it was just another wish to Shenlong?

Every god upon it's introduction is implied to be "great", or "the greatest/most powerful", etc., but the story barely gets into detail about their everyday lives/jobs. What else do you think Kami-sama can do? How would you imagine his most busy day ever looks like?

As well as Popo. Do you think they've had other disciples in the past other than Goku?
酷签名

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Re: Kami-sama and the Moon

Post by Herms » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:43 am

I think it's just a big balloon he has to blow up and tether to the Earth with a string.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

MisguidedGhost
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MisguidedGhost » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:42 am

I always figured Kami, or more likely, Mr. Popo just gathered up the dragon balls and wished to restore the moon. As we see later during the battle against Freeza, Mr. Popo is extremely adept at collecting the dragon balls, so I figure it wouldn't take long to have him go out and take care of business. Then again, I like what Herms said too.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:26 pm

I doubt it was the Dragon Balls. Unless it happened while all the heroes were all conveniently sleeping or indoors without windows, I feel like that would have been brought up by Bluma, or one of the others, when Goku mentioned the moon. Something along the lines of an "Oh, so that's why the sky darkened X months/years ago; Shenlong." I rather just chalk it up to a god-powered version of Piccolo's materialization skills.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:30 pm

Herms wrote:I think it's just a big balloon he has to blow up and tether to the Earth with a string.
The most likely explanation. :lol:

I've always figured he has some level of control over the Earth system, not the solar system but just the Earth specific bits, and was able to restore the moon back to normal much in the same way Piccolo is able to generate clothing. Though it's likely equally as possible Shenron was used for it.
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I doubt it was the Dragon Balls. Unless it happened while all the heroes were all conveniently sleeping or indoors without windows, I feel like that would have been brought up by Bluma, or one of the others, when Goku mentioned the moon. Something along the lines of an "Oh, so that's why the sky darkened X months/years ago; Shenlong." I rather just chalk it up to a god-powered version of Piccolo's materialization skills.
I doubt that Shenron's effects reach world wide when he's called. It's entirely possible Popo could have summoned Shenron in some remote location, wherever the last DB had been located, or even at the lookout itself, and no one would have noticed.
Last edited by Xyex on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:41 pm

I doubt it's worldwide either, but the effect does seem to cover a fairly large area. So there is still a high probability IMO, based on the Daizenshuu map, that the "night sky" would probably have been seen by someone in the group; rather it be Bluma/Puar/Oolong in the West Capital, Lunch/Roshi on Kame House, or one of the others (Yamcha, Kuririn and Tenshinhan/Chaozu) where ever they split off to after training with Karin.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:34 pm

Possible, but not particularly likely. The range of effect for Shenron's probably only a hundred square miles or so, at best. That's an awfully small area compared to the entire planet. And if ti happened during the night then there's even less chance it would be noticed.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:41 pm

What if Shenlong was summoned during night?

NANLIT
Beyond Newbie

Post by NANLIT » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:11 pm

If Kami did indeed use the Dragon Balls to resurrect the moon, that could explain why the moon wasn't apparently resurrected again after the battle with Vegeta and Nappa since Shen Long can't grant the same wish twice.

matt0044
Advanced Regular

Post by matt0044 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:55 pm

NANLIT wrote:If Kami did indeed use the Dragon Balls to resurrect the moon, that could explain why the moon wasn't apparently resurrected again after the battle with Vegeta and Nappa since Shen Long can't grant the same wish twice.
So the Moon is a living being?

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:06 pm

matt0044 wrote:
NANLIT wrote:If Kami did indeed use the Dragon Balls to resurrect the moon, that could explain why the moon wasn't apparently resurrected again after the battle with Vegeta and Nappa since Shen Long can't grant the same wish twice.
So the Moon is a living being?
The rule isn't limited to living beings. It's "Shenlong won't grant the same wish twice".
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:57 pm

I think Kami can pull whatever BS he wants. He knocked the year off the dragonballs being stone for Goku's friends to be revived, didn't he? Also he seemed to be able to tell Shenlong exactly what wish they wanted him to grant because Shenlong told them he already knew what their wish was. So perhaps while he was granting that wish Kami also asked the dragon to bring back the moon before scattering? Anyway, is it not impossible that Shenlong was summoned by Kami later on to bring back the moon? They may not say "Oh, yeah, I remember the sky going dark a while ago. So that's what it was." but its possible they remember a day like that and just decided not bring it up as they would all remember it anyway. And what point would there be in stating it? It has nothing to do with the plot direction so it really wouldn't need to be there. :P

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:29 am

I think he just has a lot of power when it comes to the Earth. He can create a moon, magic Goku's tail away, create new forms of life, ignore the one-year rule, transfer his spirit into a human body, travel backwards and forwards from the Other World and take Goku's physical body there with his spirit.

He's God, so he just has immense magical powers, but he can't go against the will of beings more powerful than him, at least if they aren't of Earth so he doesn't have any divine right over them. He probably also has rules with directly interfering with anything when there's another option or when it doesn't affect the entire world. We see him calling on humans to do his bidding multiple times in the series.