Favorite What If character?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Favorite What If character?

Post by songohan619 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:32 am

What is your favorite What-If character that has appeared in anything Dragon Ball related?
My favourite is from Budokai 3: Majin Super Saiyan 2 Vegeta (Scouter).
What`s yours?

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Re: Favorite What If character?

Post by Shiyonasan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:33 pm

Yamhan from Budokai 2. I always thought he was such a cool fusion character in that game. If anything, he is one of the reasons I go back and play that game again every once in a while.

Ceririn (not his official name, but my made up name for him) from Budokai 1 is a close second.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:53 am

Broly SSJ3 and Kuriza are my personal all-time favorites. Broly because it's a powerup for one of the best DBZ characters, and Kuriza because he's unique and quite a mysterious character.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:02 pm

Gotan/Gokule from Budokai 2. He's absolutely hilarious and needs to make a return.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

MisguidedGhost
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MisguidedGhost » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:54 pm

I know he's not an individual character in his own right, but Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta from Raging Blast is probably my favorite. It would've been epic to see him unleash that in the actual series.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Well for me it's definitely the later versions of Hatchihyaku, seen only in the second part of the Playdia game. His second form and giant form would be very intriguing in a larger facet of the series, and not just a couple what-if endings.

Image Image

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:29 pm

Um, i don't see how Hatchiyack's Second, Giant or Multiple forms are What-Ifs, especially that the OVA was used to promote the Playdia game (?) and Hatchiyack's normal form is on the same "canonity" level as are his other forms and other movie characters like Broly.

It's just that you select the scenario on how do you want to beat him. The Hatchiyack is one and the same.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:31 pm

Nightstar1994 wrote:Um, i don't see how Hatchiyack's Second, Giant or Multiple forms are What-Ifs, especially that the OVA was used to promote the Playdia game (?) and Hatchiyack's normal form is on the same "canonity" level as are his other forms and other movie characters like Broly.

It's just that you select the scenario on how do you want to beat him. The Hatchiyack is one and the same.
Ya I thought the same thing when I saw this the title of thread, but seeing how in the context of this thread changing the outfit of a character in a video game (just adding a scouter, really) makes it a "what-if" character, changing the whole form/stage of a character in a video game puts it in the same context. Just following the flow of the thread.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:33 pm

I don't know why I'm on a Kuririn kick, but I'm totally down with either some Piririn or Kurilien action.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:45 pm

VegettoEX wrote:I don't know why I'm on a Kuririn kick
Because he's awesome. That's all the reason one needs. :mrgreen:

Hmm...I'll probably get some heat for this, or at the very least some dirty looks, but I'm gonna say 'Super Saiyan Bardock', as far as what-if forms go. I still have a certain fondness for the character, dating back to the early days of my fandom, and while I know it's really a pretty silly thing to have in a semi-official product, I like the design at least. Bardock's armor has always looked cool to me, the red bandana is awesome, throw on some spikey yellow hair, and he looks cooler than Goku ever did in the form.

Beyond that, um...I guess Tiencha or whatever he was called from Budokai 2, it was a pretty fun idea.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:49 pm

VegettoEX wrote:I don't know why I'm on a Kuririn kick, but I'm totally down with either some Piririn or Kurilien action.
I'm disappointed in you. You didn't say Apuririn (Appule + Krillin)! :P
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:09 pm

I like Gotan quite a bit. I even have a children's puzzle from Japan that features him.

Smochi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Smochi » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:11 am

I loved Neko Majin Z, so I'm gonna have to go with Kuriza.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:22 am

Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta, because I think it could've happened after Boo's defeat and he was really fun to play in RB2.

Other than him, Gotan. Absolutely hilarious, best part about Budokai 2. Shame he doesn't appear in any non-arcade games after that point, though.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:29 am

Cell (Krillin absorbed).

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:29 pm

Xyex wrote:Gotan/Gokule from Budokai 2. He's absolutely hilarious and needs to make a return.
Haha, I always found Gotan's alternate costume particularly frightening:
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:57 pm

Gotan is definitely my favourite.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:08 pm

The 4th form Freeza that Kuririn imagines when Freeza announces that he will transform into his true, and final, form.

hulkty
Banned

Post by hulkty » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:01 pm

I would say SSj3 Vegeta, but it DBHeroes doesn't count its new characters as official yet, then I'm going with SSj3 Future Trunks.

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:11 pm

Absolutely adore Cell when he absorbs Kuririn. Every thing just seems so wacky about him, from the dots on his head, right down to the 'Kame' symbol on his chest and wings. Brilliant little design, which doesn't ever fail to make me laugh.