Dragonball Z: Saiyan Saga - Help make this happen!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jord
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragonball Z: Saiyan Saga - Help make this happen!

Post by Jord » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:35 pm

So THAT's the armour they needed extra money for?

I guess Toys 'R Us raised their prices then.

gregorthegame
Not-So-Newbie

Post by gregorthegame » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:38 pm

Jord wrote:So THAT's the armour they needed extra money for?

I guess Toys 'R Us raised their prices then.
Hopefully it has the correct spelling on the packaging... even 7 year olds would laugh at this shit.
PS3 ID: GregorTheGame

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:56 pm

The battle armor for Freeza's soldiers looked like it was made out of some kind of rubber like material in the anime, so I really don't see what's so bad about it. I actually like how it keeps faithful to the original design while doing it's own thing.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:29 pm

ringworm128 wrote:The battle armor for Freeza's soldiers looked like it was made out of some kind of rubber like material in the anime, so I really don't see what's so bad about it. I actually like how it keeps faithful to the original design while doing it's own thing.
Because they asked for a ton more money to get it.

Fulicer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fulicer » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:23 am

ringworm128 wrote:The battle armor for Freeza's soldiers looked like it was made out of some kind of rubber like material in the anime, so I really don't see what's so bad about it. I actually like how it keeps faithful to the original design while doing it's own thing.
Dude, it's bad. To be frank, it looks like some halloween costume that a grade-schooler would come up with.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:07 pm

Fulicer wrote:
Dude, it's bad. To be frank, it looks like some halloween costume that a grade-schooler would come up with.
Perhaps I'm being a "glass half full" type with this but to me it doesn't look THAT bad. It doesn't look amazing but it's certainly better then what was shown before. People are acting like the costume looks like this.

Fulicer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fulicer » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:04 pm

ringworm128 wrote:
Fulicer wrote:
Perhaps I'm being a "glass half full" type with this but to me it doesn't look THAT bad. It doesn't look amazing but it's certainly better then what was shown before. People are acting like the costume looks like this.
Point taken. While I don't like their suits, my comparison was a bit much.

That and your Dudley avatar swayed me

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:02 pm

Fulicer wrote:Point taken. While I don't like their suits, my comparison was a bit much.
That and your Dudley avatar swayed me
I wouldn't be upset about these suits if it wasn't 3,500$ for that and the re-shoot. Can I say the re-shoot with food and place to stay and cameras and people working cost them 2500$? lets say 1000$ was left to make both costumes for Vegeta and Nappa. I'll attempt to break down their costume giving it a whopping 5 minutes of thought 500$ a piece for armor
Very expensive motorcycle armor for 220$ with customization because i see things they could have made a more original looking armor for 120$
Gloves for 50$ the customaized pair for fingerless gloves.

60$ for a full body black underarmour (Nappa burned his in the fire)

120$ for the boots from idk where but they look familiar?

30$ to make/buy a monkey tail.

and 60$ for the cheap looking armor pieces to add around the costume. that's including paint too. They are floppy not even like armor some of the motorcycle things have better pieces. So personally not impressed. you could commission a cosplayer to make a more realistic artistic freedomed saiyan armor than that and they'll get the parts right.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:31 pm

I think if these guys had a bigger budget then they could pull off DBZ nicely. Maybe if the trailer is popular enough then they could lead up to somewhere. If these guys make a DBZ movie then I hope they can real actors. I doubt any of the actors in this trailer has act in anything. At least MK Legacy got a few decent actors like Michael Jai White, who was good in Tyson and Black Dynamite.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:27 am

Given that this trailer has been in production for at least seven months and has gone way over budget I wouldn't give them money for a full feature film if I had the power. I admire their ambition and kudos to them for taking the initiative and actually trying to get this done. But honestly, they aren't the most professional group of people I've seen. If Hollywood was actually going to take Dragonball seriously I'd rather them do more projects like the 2013 movie or at least find a Director with better credentials. But not these guys.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:18 am

Just remember what Funimation was like when they started dubbing DBZ and now look at them. If these people keep making trailers and movies they could keep growing their production team and keep improving with their acting. If they kept growing we could one day get some really good movies from them in theatres including an OFFICIAL DBZ movie that's really good.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:39 am

ringworm128 wrote:If these people keep making trailers and movies they could keep growing their production team and keep improving with their acting.
When this starts happening, Toei will squash them for sure.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:15 am

I meant movies in general.

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:41 pm

ringworm128 wrote:Just remember what Funimation was like when they started dubbing DBZ and now look at them. If these people keep making trailers and movies they could keep growing their production team and keep improving with their acting. If they kept growing we could one day get some really good movies from them in theatres including an OFFICIAL DBZ movie that's really good.

I'm all for them growing and becoming better directors. But I was talking about the hear and the now. If in 5 to 10 years from now they really start to grow into awesome directors, great! I say go for it. But, based on what I've seen from this trailer so far I'd say they aren't ready...yet.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Post by Nex Carnifex » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:45 pm

It's going to be a joke, you minds well watch one of the numerous live action dbz parodies that didn't ask for tons of money in donations to buy plastic motorcycle armor.

Pafupafu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pafupafu » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:41 pm

No matter how much money these so called "filmmakers" are granted to make this project, they do not have the resources and connections to pull it off professionally and in a high-quality. This is just ridiculous that we are still talking about this pathetic project which has taken a huge amount of time to make a 5-minute short. Just please do not be surprised when they open up another indiegogo project directly after this one, probably the "Freeza Saga". Just don't give them a dime people. They are pretentious idiots that will be long forgotten after this short is released.

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:04 pm

Pafupafu wrote:No matter how much money these so called "filmmakers" are granted to make this project, they do not have the resources and connections to pull it off professionally and in a high-quality. This is just ridiculous that we are still talking about this pathetic project which has taken a huge amount of time to make a 5-minute short. Just please do not be surprised when they open up another indiegogo project directly after this one, probably the "Freeza Saga". Just don't give them a dime people. They are pretentious idiots that will be long forgotten after this short is released.
People won't be talking about it for much longer as it releases in a few weeks. But I don't find it ridiculous that people are "still talking about it" seeing how they continue to release updates on it, so it is inevitable for people to discuss this. And they have stated they will only continue to make more projects if this one becomes a "success". And if they choose to do so, then everyone also has a choice to donate to these "pretentious idiots" if they wish.
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

Pafupafu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pafupafu » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:23 pm

Avenged wrote:
Pafupafu wrote:No matter how much money these so called "filmmakers" are granted to make this project, they do not have the resources and connections to pull it off professionally and in a high-quality. This is just ridiculous that we are still talking about this pathetic project which has taken a huge amount of time to make a 5-minute short. Just please do not be surprised when they open up another indiegogo project directly after this one, probably the "Freeza Saga". Just don't give them a dime people. They are pretentious idiots that will be long forgotten after this short is released.
People won't be talking about it for much longer as it releases in a few weeks. But I don't find it ridiculous that people are "still talking about it" seeing how they continue to release updates on it, so it is inevitable for people to discuss this. And they have stated they will only continue to make more projects if this one becomes a "success". And if they choose to do so, then everyone also has a choice to donate to these "pretentious idiots" if they wish.
The difference between you and I is that I want to help educate people about the proper use of sites like IndieGoGo and Kickstarter while you are simply observing and looking the other way as people will continue to "donate" funds to such abuse and therefore continue to allow more and more users to follow suit. I honestly don't care if this video is a masterpiece or a complete waste of time but the fact that these "pretentious idiots" are abusing a fundamental resource for independent filmmakers with original (and not copyright-infringing) stories is what bothers me personally and professionally. The quality speaks for K&K's professionalism. The abuse of the law and resource policies speaks for their morals.

Son Geeko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Geeko » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:36 am

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:39 am

James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.