Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Saiga » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:04 pm

Kurilin didn't stay on Kaio's planet at all, did he? So it's okay for him not to know Kaio-ken in the main universe while being able to learn it here. Same for Videl.

If Yamcha or Tenshinhan have it, I'd have to wonder how Salagir explains them not having it in U18.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:08 pm

Gogeta Jr.'s last page. So sad. :cry:

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:43 am

I wonder why Krillin went straight to Kaio-Ken instead of just taking off that ultra-heavy shell. I'm guessing the shell will come off at some point in the fight if Tapion turns out to be tougher than the "can't even fly" first impression implies, though.

Also guessing that Tapion's sword will break on the shell if he ends up fighting with it. It is made of the same stuff that broke the Z-Sword, after all.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:12 am

Pantalones wrote:I wonder why Krillin went straight to Kaio-Ken instead of just taking off that ultra-heavy shell. I'm guessing the shell will come off at some point in the fight if Tapion turns out to be tougher than the "can't even fly" first impression implies, though.

Also guessing that Tapion's sword will break on the shell if he ends up fighting with it. It is made of the same stuff that broke the Z-Sword, after all.
Well from his last fight, we can gather that he likes to use it as a weapon. Kind of similar to why Videl used Kaio-ken rather than just getting rid of the Z-Sword.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Salagir2

Post by Salagir2 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:06 am

Hello !
A few answers for a few posts I've read here.

> " the fanfic Bringer of Death, and it has been accepted into DBM canon. "
I didn't read it, so I can't canonize it. Still, the author talked a lot with me about details and story, so it's supposed to be :)

Cold gets an armor and cape, mostly because it's cool and he was looking too much like Freeza in black & white.
They spent the whole night creating it because I totally forgot to add this scene in the "night pause" before ;p

Homola Gabor colors pages and he is in a translator team, so he can see them in advance.
His colors won't be used for the "official" comic, for a bunch of reasons.
But I don't see any problem at having them for his translated version :)

testing223 :
Yeah, sorry, as you can see, I don't understand english, so I guess you can't participate in DBM. Too bad.
Maybe the Saligar you're talking about talks english, but I have no idea who this is.

Tapion's power.
Before you say it's outrageous that Tapion can't destroy and entire planet by moving his finger, ask yourself this :
Is this even necessary for Tapion to be strong ?
It's not. Tapion is a mystical guy, good with a sword, and cursed with a Hildegan. He was a hero because he played some kind of mystical flute at the good moment. He never fights anyone in the movie and doesn't need to. There is no need for him to be strong.
I'm fed up with every characters in DBZ being super strong. It's not necessary. Tapion got other skills.
Now why does he fight in the tournament if he isn't a fighter ? Because of the prize. If he wins, he can ask for his brother back.

Kulilin U9 being on Kaio's planet or not is currently unknown. But clearly they've gone everywhere, having a Z-sword and katchin and kaioken.
Stupid things on DBZ - Dragon Ball Multiverse Webcomic
-what happened in dbz today?
-they fought some guy

TRL
Beyond Newbie

Post by TRL » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:16 am

Hey Salagir, good luck with finding a new artist. I hope the hunt goes well. :)

I was wondering though if you could perhaps convince gogeta jr to come back through community donations.. Not sure what the legal implications would be though.

testing223
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by testing223 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:17 am

Salagir2 wrote: testing223 :
Yeah, sorry, as you can see, I don't understand english, so I guess you can't participate in DBM. Too bad.
Maybe the Saligar you're talking about talks english, but I have no idea who this is.
Haha, ok, point taken.

Are you still looking for more special artists?
I play baseball and work in LA.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:07 am

Piccolo Daimao wrote:
Kaboom wrote:What if... what if Tapion does unleash Hildegarn, but Kuririn's got a certain trick up his sleeve, that his late master once used against King Piccolo...
Can it work against opponents other than Daimaou? I mean, I know it's called "Mafuuba", but who's to say Mutaito only tailored it to work against Piccolo, since that's the only person he ever needed to use it against, and the only person we ever saw it being used against? Unless the Daizenshuu says something different on this matter.

Although it would be pretty cool to see Old Man Kuririn using the Mafuuba.
It worked on God when Piccolo reversed it.

And though video games alternate universe stories probably don't count as ‘canon’, I should note that in Supersonic Warriors (or maybe it was some other game, I don't remember... it was GBA though) Piccolo used it on Boo.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

mattymoron
Beyond Newbie

Post by mattymoron » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:45 pm

Why is Gogeta Jr. leaving?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:06 pm

He has been drawing it for every week since 2008. He got tired and wanted to move on.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:33 am

It worked on God when Piccolo reversed it.

And though video games alternate universe stories probably don't count as ‘canon’, I should note that in Supersonic Warriors (or maybe it was some other game, I don't remember... it was GBA though) Piccolo used it on Boo.
It could have worked on him because technically he is kind of the same person as him.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

The Jackal
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Jackal » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:19 pm

New special:

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:14 pm

Damn, that actually looks really cool! The art looks nice!
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:25 pm

The cover page is certainly awesome, but the real test will probably be what it looks like in the actual panels. I think it's gonna be one of the better specials, art-wise at least, based on this though.

Definitely not sure how I feel about Raichi being a "hero" though...
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:40 pm

The background feels like Star Warsy. It reminds me a bit of the original Knights of the Old Republic. Not that it's a bad thing. I actually like it.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:14 pm

I hope it will be another good special. I enjoy all of the specials expect for the Bojack special.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Hades
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hades » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:52 pm

This cover gives me the impression that Raichi/Tapion were Kaioshin's judgement on the Saiyans.
TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:
Scarz wrote:Like using a flamethrower to kill an ant.
Hey, a lv.100 Charizard vs a wild lv.4 Caterpie. It happens.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:32 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:The background feels like Star Warsy. It reminds me a bit of the original Knights of the Old Republic. Not that it's a bad thing. I actually like it.
Looks like the city from the beginning of Clones.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:37 pm

I just noticed the orbs in the background, didn't Raichi use a bunch of those in both versions of the game/footage he's from?

I would love it if we saw some of those little monster guys he had from the original Plan in this special. They were interesting-ish looking, and I loved the one that Piccolo fought.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:27 am

funrush wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:The background feels like Star Warsy. It reminds me a bit of the original Knights of the Old Republic. Not that it's a bad thing. I actually like it.
Looks like the city from the beginning of Clones.
Coruscant?