If you could meet any character in DB who would it be?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: If you could meet any character in DB who would it be?

Post by bleed0range » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:09 am

I'd most like to meet Goku because those who are around him seem to always be profoundly changed by knowing him.

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:02 am

Goku. But I would most likely end up with a restraining order and maybe Chichi would attempt to murder me afterwards... If you know what I mean. :wink:
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:08 am

Duh?

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:47 am

Hmmm... For fun, I'd have to go with Mr Satan, Mr Boo, Kaio or Kame-Sennin, but as I'm philosophically inclined I'd have to go with God or Kaio. I don't think Kaioshin would have time to spare for talking to a human, but Kaio isn't that full of himself despite his position, and "Kami" is god over Earth specifically, so even though he is sort of high and mighty it's less ridiculous than with Kaioshin. Both of them have an enormous degree of knowledge about the truth of the universe that I'd love to dig into, Kami is more involved with humanity and probably thus morality and spirituality and that sort of stuff, but Kaio is more likely to know things like the true laws of physics, and he has the fun factor too (and don't forget the comedy lessons) so I think I'd choose him.

Gokuden
Regular

Post by Gokuden » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:41 am

Porunga, as if it were anything else.
You could wish for powers, invincible immortality, and ask to be sent into the DB world.
Once you arrive, you can meet anyone you so choose.
That time your teacher asked you to draw Cell in biology class.
This man is my hero:
To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about the fans a re-issue might alienate because if all they're concerned about is being able to scalp the people who were either unaware of the Dragon Boxes or couldn't afford them at the time, they're just leeches and deserve to have their greed backfire on them.

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:46 am

Well, if a dragon would give me wishes, then I'd rather meet Shen Long than Kaio. I don't speak Namekian, so Porunga would be useless to me. There's no point in discussing philosophy, physics etc with a god if I could just wish for that kind of knowledge and the necessary intelligence to fully understand amd contain it anyway.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:13 pm

Meeting Kuririn would definitely be fun, though I can't lie, being around 18 could also be fun. :wink:

Hmm...other than that, maybe Roshi, get in some training perhaps.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:00 pm

Gokuden wrote:Porunga, as if it were anything else.
You could wish for powers, invincible immortality, and ask to be sent into the DB world.
That's pretty clever! :P
Cipher wrote:Dragon Ball is the story of a kind-hearted, excitable child who uses the power of friendship to improve those around him as he grows into a dangerous obsessive who sometimes accidentally saves the world.
She/her (I have a Twitter account now.)

vegetaslegacy15
Beyond Newbie

Post by vegetaslegacy15 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:40 pm

I would want to meet Gohan ;). because he is awesome.
Horgus wrote:NSSJ2O... Nitrogen Sulfur Shounen Jump Dioxide? :?
digireign wrote:I vote to call it "Super Cyan."
-zach

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:56 am

Any Yardratian, they can teach me Instant Transmission.

Appūru-sama
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Appūru-sama » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:00 pm

penguintruth:

And why are so many people saying Porunga? Ya speak Namekian?

I'd wanna meet Gohan. Simply cause I'd wanna learn how to fly and shoot ki bullets and shit...and I think he'd be the only one willing to show me stuff and make it easy to understand. And he seems like a levelheaded, relatable guy and the only Z-Senshi with a normal personality I think...(Goku's an airhead, Vegeta's a douche, Piccolo would be mute, etc.)

Or Kuririn and/or Muten Roshi...we could get loaded on sake bombs and hit up a strip club or something. GOOOOOD TIMES.

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:09 pm

Being in a strip club with a drunken Muten Roshi would be hilarious. Just make sure you take an umbrella.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:39 pm

Appūru-sama wrote:penguintruth:

And why are so many people saying Porunga? Ya speak Namekian?

I'd wanna meet Gohan. Simply cause I'd wanna learn how to fly and shoot ki bullets and shit...and I think he'd be the only one willing to show me stuff and make it easy to understand. And he seems like a levelheaded, relatable guy and the only Z-Senshi with a normal personality I think...(Goku's an airhead, Vegeta's a douche, Piccolo would be mute, etc.)

Or Kuririn and/or Muten Roshi...we could get loaded on sake bombs and hit up a strip club or something. GOOOOOD TIMES.
Hey now, Goku may be a tad naive and childish but he's no moron. In fact, he's proclaimed as a fighting genius. 8)
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Big Green

Post by Big Green » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:41 am

Goku or Piccolo! I'd be kind of scared to talk to Piccolo, but it would still be fun!
"Ah! It's Big Green!"

"Let that child alone."

Gokuden
Regular

Post by Gokuden » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:27 pm

DoomieDoomie911 wrote:
Gokuden wrote:Porunga, as if it were anything else.
That's pretty clever! :P
You have to get the Balls first mate! ;)
That time your teacher asked you to draw Cell in biology class.
This man is my hero:
To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about the fans a re-issue might alienate because if all they're concerned about is being able to scalp the people who were either unaware of the Dragon Boxes or couldn't afford them at the time, they're just leeches and deserve to have their greed backfire on them.

Smochi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Smochi » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:02 am

I think it would be fun to meet Goku because he has such an optimistic view of life. I would just like to spend a day talking about the good of mankind and happy events. Goku also knows how to relax. It would be boring to talk about training or angst all day like you would get with Piccolo or Vegeta.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:22 am

Goten....for snuggle time.....come on, you know would too. :wink:
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Kuwabara
Regular

Post by Kuwabara » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:21 am

I would want to meet Tenshinhan and just give him a big hug, maybe even a smooch on the head. :P
This is the episode of when Gokuh enrages himself after Freezer talk shit about Kuririn

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:46 pm

Kuririn, so I can slap his head. :lol: Only joking, if I could meet a character in real life it would probably be Kuririn though, he seems funny and shit. We could have a right laugh.
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/

Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Angelus » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:47 pm

Good Launch. Because she's gullible. :twisted: