New Song Collection CD

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kemo47

New Song Collection CD

Post by kemo47 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:40 pm

I was wondering if anyone could point out to me where I can pre-order the new Song Collection CD. Unfortunately I cannot speak Japanese. Also, does anyone know where I can find copies of the Saikyo Jump DVDs that had Episode of Bardock, Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans (both versions), and Goku and His Friends Return.
Thank you

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: New Song Collection CD

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:34 pm

We linked the Amazon Japan listing for the upcoming CD in our news post. That is currently the only place we've seen it available.

As for the DVDs you're looking for, those were all limited-time deals. The JSAT Special in particular was a mail-in item exclusive to Japan, while the Saikyo Jump issue was obviously just a monthly issue of a magazine. You can find them popping up on eBay and Yahoo! Japan Auctions fairly often enough, but there's no single place you can go to just "order them" like other current merchandise.

The original "Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans" is only available on its two-volume VHS release from 1994, and again as a bonus material inclusion on the second Japanese DBZ TV Dragon Box. It does not have any further releases.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

kemo47

Post by kemo47 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:32 pm

Thank you very much for the information. I tried ordering from Amazon Japan, but it seems I need an address there or something.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:16 am

Thusfar the only way to get the new Plan to eradicate the Saiyans is by buying Raging Blast 2.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:34 am

No, that's not true. Like the original poster noted, it was made available in the March 2012 issue of Saikyō Jump as a double feature alongside Episode of Bardock on a single DVD.

Only legit way to get it subtitled? Sure. Only way at all? Nah.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:06 pm

Most important part of the new CD: remastered tracks!
They're starting to get that you don't propose old 80s-90s things without making them look/sound more modern, as if recorded yesterday! 8)
Nowadays releases must have nowadays quality standards, and if we can listen to crystal-clear, sound-dynamic versions of legendary songs from Dragon Ball, the experience will be awesome! :wink:

Krycek7o2
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Krycek7o2 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:55 pm

Cold Skin wrote:Most important part of the new CD: remastered tracks!
They're starting to get that you don't propose old 80s-90s things without making them look/sound more modern, as if recorded yesterday! 8)
Nowadays releases must have nowadays quality standards, and if we can listen to crystal-clear, sound-dynamic versions of legendary songs from Dragon Ball, the experience will be awesome! :wink:
So you mean applying dynamic compression to artificially raise the volume and ruin the music, like most CDs are today? :wink:
Remastering is not about raising the volume, it's about preserving it. If you want the music to sound louder, there's a knob on you receiver for that.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:58 pm

Krycek7o2 wrote:
So you mean applying dynamic compression to artificially raise the volume and ruin the music, like most CDs are today? :wink:
Remastering is not about raising the volume, it's about preserving it. If you want the music to sound louder, there's a knob on you receiver for that.
No, that would be transforming the sound, essentially "remixing".
If something is "remastered" correctly, it's enough to make it sound more dynamic, less flat and old-sounding, without applying extra dynamics on the original file.
Just create a new master ("re-master") that's actually from today, with today's tools, with technological improvements in audio fidelity, for the better.

Krycek7o2
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Krycek7o2 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:09 pm

Cold Skin wrote:
Krycek7o2 wrote:
No, that would be transforming the sound, essentially "remixing".
If something is "remastered" correctly, it's enough to make it sound more dynamic, less flat, without applying extra dynamics on the original file.
Just create a new master ("re-master") that's actually from today, with today's tools, with technological improvements in audio fidelity, for the better.
That's not remixing, remixing is taking the original elements and (re)mixing them using today's standards. Remastering is taking the original elements and fixing and improving them preserving them for the future.
Take the 2009 Beatles remasters vs. the 2009 Rolling Stones "remasters." The original masters were used by both, but Apple took the time and care to properly "fix" mistakes and quality issues. The "remasters" for the Stones was essentially make them louder.

It's a term that taken out of context by many. If I sounded like a douche, I apologize. But, that's the current mark trend with CD's nowadays. Lets make them loud as fuck for people with iPods, is the motto I read at the Robert A. Harris forums.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:33 pm

I don't get what's the interest in the "Loudness War": there's volume control to make volume higher.
And raising the volume actually might end up in the sound being saturated, that doesn't bring anything better, it makes it worst.
It happens often enough that you actually have to use Audacity to have its "Amplify" option auto-lower the volume enough to avoid the original file being saturated.
A simple, but nice and fast option.

When I said "essentially remixing", that was just to emphasize the fact that it was about outright "transforming" the original, but yeah, it was wrongly used in my sentence. :)