Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:50 pm

I think the U3 special is the worst I have seen. Funny enough I have the second U3 special right next to it. They just aren't interesting to me at all. The release of pages at a slow pace doesn't help either. They skip over what is actually interesting (how Raichi defeated the Saiyans) and go to Tapion who they have classified as a musician who is weaker then Raditz. So don't expect anything good from Tapion until the obvious sealing. The weird decisions and this chapter are just boring.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:37 pm

@Cold Skin

In the Japanese version, Cold states that the one who defeated Freeza would be the strongest in the universe (because that's what Freeza was before Goku turned Super Saiyan). Apparently, the French version has no such line it, meaning it's not clear who is stronger.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Tzigi
Regular

Post by Tzigi » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:31 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:So, if I understood right, Salagir thinks that the 530.000 is the mistranslation, and not the 100.000?! :crazy:
You understood wrong again. The idea is as such: Salagir thinks that 530 000 is the correct power of Freeza at the beginning (the first form Freeza) and that 100 000 is the wrong (typo) one for the second (bull-like) form. IIRC all this is correct (but someone should check me on that 'cause I don't really care for powerlevels). The part you could misunderstand was one in which Salagir discribed an idea (which he fully knew he was basing on a typo and which he marked explicitly as wrong) that maybe Freeza stated his full power during his encounter with Nail and than 100 000 was the correct power of his second form. Salagir created this idea to make the absurd rise of powerlevels in the Freeza saga less absurd. But, as you can see on his webpage, he's fully aware of it being 100% wrong and there is nothing that makes it canon to DBM.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:38 am

Well, I guess I can understand that. The Freeza power levels do make everything else go completely wacky. :lol:
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:05 am

Yeah, but even his "fixing" of the numbers would present it's own set of problems, including the fact that he's weaker than Ginyu that way. Vegeta implies that if you have enough lower leveled characters working together, you can take out a opponent that's a decent chunk stronger than you (Vegeta, Gohan and Kuririn versus Freeza's first form). Zarbon was the only one out of his crew that knew Freeza could transform, so the fear of having to face a stronger form shouldn't have been an issue. So it seems a bit odd that most of the characters would follow or surrender to the tyrant if all you needed to take him out was like 3 characters at Kyui's level. AND, why would Vegeta suffer under his reign for so long if all he needed to do was stand outside a building Freeza would be in, throw a Power Ball and eradicate him as an Oozaru...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:06 am

Tzigi wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:So, if I understood right, Salagir thinks that the 530.000 is the mistranslation, and not the 100.000?! :crazy:
You understood wrong again.
Salagir wrote:NOTE: the following counting is based on an ERROR in the translation of Glénat. The following is FALSE. False according to canons of sources DB/DBZ, you are wrong when you say that Freeza's max is 530 000. Yet I called Toriyama and he found my theory right and it is this one that should be followed, but, sure neough, it is not official.
But he says that the 530.000 is the wrong one here...
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:12 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Tzigi wrote:
You understood wrong again.
Salagir wrote:NOTE: the following counting is based on an ERROR in the translation of Glénat. The following is FALSE. False according to canons of sources DB/DBZ, you are wrong when you say that Freeza's max is 530 000. Yet I called Toriyama and he found my theory right and it is this one that should be followed, but, sure neough, it is not official.
But he says that the 530.000 is the wrong one here...
Wrong as Freeza's maximum, not his lowest form.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:19 am

That's a deliberate choice of his to build new power levels around the typo.
Otherwise, there would be no reason since the retranslation, available both in Tankobon and Kanzenban, has Freezer stating the right number, and written in letters.
"Actually, my power goes beyond one million..."
Saiga wrote:@Cold Skin

In the Japanese version, Cold states that the one who defeated Freeza would be the strongest in the universe (because that's what Freeza was before Goku turned Super Saiyan). Apparently, the French version has no such line it, meaning it's not clear who is stronger.
He states it in the French version too - at least the retranslation -, implying that Goku would be the strongest in the universe if he was indeed better than Freezer, and that Freezer has to win against him to prove he is N°1.
"I don't care at all about Earthlings, however I want you to end the Super Saiyan for good, no matter how you do it. The supreme warrior in the universe has to keep being from our family."

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:02 pm

Looks like we're about to get to Raichi and Tapion's team-up or...whatever.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:11 pm

The art is top-notch on this page.

I kind of like how Raichi seems like a pretty calmn, nice old dude if you're not a Saiyan.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:10 pm

It's like the 6th time we're seeing a side picture of Raichi's face (except this time it's the other side so his eye isn't colored black)...

Salagir2

Post by Salagir2 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:55 am

Hi everyone! I read a few last pages and here are my answers.

Freeza Power: as explained by Tzigi, 10 years ago, based on a french mistranlation, I imagined different powerlevels that I personnaly think fit better.
I don't imagine Vegeta after a powerup (maybe being at 50,000?) and gohan and krilin (being both less) thinking they could take on a 530,000 guy. This is one of the 384 reasons.
Anyway, I know it's wrong, it was even corrected in new french editions, and I don't use that in DBM.

For the sake of my false powerlevels debate :
One said that if Freeza in small form was only 53,000, then 3 Kiwi (=Cui) could take him, or a oozaru vegeta could. Both are wrong in my opinion. First, Two guys at 20,000 absolutely can't take on a guy at 40,000. We can see in various fights that having a mere 20% more in power is sufficiant to wipe the floor with your opponent (vegeta against Kiwi and Dodoria for example). I don't think you can sum powers like that.
For the oozaru, the x10 in oozaru form is non-canon and when you look at it, obviously completely wrong. Can you imagine Vegeta oozaru against goku on earth having Ginyu's max power ?? (180,000) Bravo for Goku to have hurted his eye then!
If that was the case, Freeza wouldn't have left that many saiyans alive ! Imagine that Oozaru Nappa (somewhere between 50,000 and 80,000??) could almost take the whole ginyu squad by himself ? :p

About Hanasia :
Indeed I don't think falls on the definition a mary sue character, but of course I like her and give her more role than necessary. I agree I've been taking quite a liberty by inventing a saiyan so strong (but as someone said, Toei did the same with Baddack). Anyway, I must say also that Beta chose to give her more part in this special.
About goku being a super-elite : nope, saiyans are classified at birth (as Vegeta tolds him right at this moment), not by their parents.
Raditz, Kakarotto were born with a shitty powerlevel and classified as low-class. When you're treated as shit all your life, you don't improve much (there are exceptions of course).

The guy who saw a page and didn't like the text in it (sorry i don't remember the names) : no, I won't change it.

Now I'll read old pages and answer while going back :

> Universe 10 and 13 are completely stolen from other fanfics though.
I didn't now it. I've read quite a few fanfics and fanmangas but not these.
For 10, I'm surprised. For 13, i'm not at all. Of course many fanfics talks about a bad kakarotto and the 4 bad saiyans ruling. That's a classic, maybe the first "what if" that would come to your head if you wanted to do one. It's been done before and will be after. In fact, I'm sure most of my universes aren't original at all. How can they be, I used the things most of the fans wanted.

> I'K'L is blatantly based on Yomi & Shura from Yu Yu Hakusho, that much I know at least.
Totally. I said that in a bonus somewhere ;p

Menkyon's DBM hentai parody :
All parodies have 100% my support.
Hentai ones have 110% my support ! :D

> Raichi is out of character. He's too mellow.
He killed all saiyans years and years ago. Since then, he did nothing. He had time to change.
Oh, in fact, Gyt Kaliba answer right after is exactly the good one.

> I don't think Gogeta Jr was ever cheap enough to use gradients in his art.
That was my add-on, because I thought the sky was too much white. Sorry.

I'll finish with an advertisement. If it's out of line, I'm very sorry.
I've been working with a cartoonist on a DBZ parody since a long time now. It got 171 pages in colors so far.
I think you'll enjoy it : Super Dragon Bros Z
(for colors, go into "full screen" mode, select colors once, then it'll continue in color in all modes.)
Stupid things on DBZ - Dragon Ball Multiverse Webcomic
-what happened in dbz today?
-they fought some guy

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:20 am

What the hell? The 10x boost is from the Japanese manga, it can't get more canon than that.

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:33 am

While we have your attention, Salagir, can you please get a native english speaker or someone that has a better grasp of it to do the english translation? There have been times where the grammar gets bad to the point of confusion.

I personally couldn't care any less about this power levels stuff. Please, the translation, the stuff on the pages for us to read. Priority.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:17 pm

Salagir2 wrote:For the oozaru, the x10 in oozaru form is non-canon and when you look at it, obviously completely wrong.
It's in the freaking original Japanese version of the manga, written solely by Akira Toriyama!
Chapter: 233 (DBZ 39), P6.2
Oozaru Vegeta: “Wanna hear something good?... When Saiyans become Oozaru, their battle power becomes 10 times what it is as a human!!!!"
Salagir2 wrote:Can you imagine Vegeta oozaru against goku on earth having Ginyu's max power ?? (180,000)
They would be equals, what's the problem?

Salagir2 wrote:Bravo for Goku to have hurted his eye then!
No one ever trained his eyes.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:29 pm

Vegeta had already suffered many injuries and lost a great deal of power. He even lost power making the energy ball he needed to transform.

Because of that, his power level on Earth was inferior to 180.000. It was whatever it had decreased to times 10, since it's stated that the Oozaru transformation does that.

Salagir2

Post by Salagir2 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:54 pm

> The 10x boost is from the Japanese manga

I've gone into the manga (fr) and saw the line. So I was wrong.

And... everyone takes that literally ?

It seems so, looking at the other answers.
I'm baffled that Vegeta, who can create a moon easily, isn't number 2 in the ginyu squad at the time.
I'm baffled everyone thinks a 180,000 vegeta running around not to be a problem for anyone.
I... will need some time to process that.

> No one ever trained his eyes.
Stupid of all heroes to never have tried that again against all other opponent them.
Also, being about 180,000 an not be able to dodge the attack of a guy at 5,000 (no kaiohken, and wounded, and... tired) = real sucks. I mean even dodge a little, so the fireballs falls on the cheek and you don't, like, lose an eye. I would have think that at 36 times your opponent's power... you could see the light coming... like right to your eye.... So maybe close it. Maybe 180,000 's people 's reflexes aren't what I though they would be...

> While we have your attention
I usually comes back 6 months after, but you're lucky today^^

> can you please get a native english speaker or someone that has a better grasp of it to do the english translation
I already have 2 or 3 doing that. It's difficult to have people actually good and available *all the time*. I also need to trust the guy. All that isn't easy.
If one of you is available... I'm here by mail. But something important, you really need to be available online like 2-3 times a week. And also I need a corrector. Not a writter who wants to rewrite my texts.
Stupid things on DBZ - Dragon Ball Multiverse Webcomic
-what happened in dbz today?
-they fought some guy

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:23 pm

Salagir2 wrote:> The 10x boost is from the Japanese manga

I've gone into the manga (fr) and saw the line. So I was wrong.

And... everyone takes that literally ?

It seems so, looking at the other answers.
I'm baffled that Vegeta, who can create a moon easily, isn't number 2 in the ginyu squad at the time.
I'm baffled everyone thinks a 180,000 vegeta running around not to be a problem for anyone.

> No one ever trained his eyes.
Stupid of all heroes to never have tried that again against all other opponent them.
Also, being about 180,000 an not be able to dodge the attack of a guy at 5,000 (no kaiohken, and wounded, and... tired) = real sucks. I mean even dodge a little, so the fireballs falls on the cheek and you don't, like, lose an eye. I would have think that at 36 times your opponent's power... you could see the light coming... like right to your eye.... So maybe close it. Maybe 180,000 's people 's reflexes aren't what I though they would be...

> While we have your attention
I usually comes back 6 months after, but you're lucky today^^

> can you please get a native english speaker or someone that has a better grasp of it to do the english translation
I already have 2 or 3 doing that. It's difficult to have people actually good and available *all the time*. I also need to trust the guy. All that isn't easy.
If one of you is available... I'm here by mail. But something important, you really need to be available online like 2-3 times a week. And also I need a corrector. Not a writter who wants to rewrite my texts.
We've discussed that before and I think the consensus was that if he were to go up against the Ginyu force they could de-tail him easily enough either Ginyu alone, Guurd or as a mob.

Also bear in mind he'd have to be on a natural mooned planet at the same time as the Ginyu force, and why would he be? Why would they allow themselves in that situation.

As for the false moon you forget it took a large amount of the his chi to make the false moon, that's what stops the fake-moon oozarus being overpowered.
Also Vegeta was very wounded before he transformed so his PL was significantly less than 180,000, it was 10x his CURRENT bp.

I love DBM (except Broly stuff but thankfully that's done now) the only thing I don't like is your Idea of SSJ's being "tierd" It's simply a multiplier, the saiyans strength is based on how much they train.

Super saiyan Raditz would get fucked up by Buu saga Chaozu with a kiai glance.

And remember even if you don't like x50 it has to be more then twice kaiokens x20 for Goku to have beaten Freeza.

Anyway on balance it's still the best ongoing fanmanga out there imo.

Negs:
Read left to right.
More spectators, humans/buu should have come from U18. (They always watched tournaments even after they stopped participating.)
Broly.
borderline sue-ish saiyan girls.
U16's Bra's shitty attitude.
Mutilplier/relative power "mistakes"/creative liberties Teired characters etc.

Pros:
Awesome concept
Excellent art.
Good update schedule
Fanfic with extra details.
Site layout.
Comments section for fans to interact even though most people are retarded.
How communicative you are with your fan-base.
You're ability to put up with ungrateful people complaining.
Most of the writing and storyline and top notch just a few things that distract.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:26 pm

The huge power boost of Oozaru comes with some major drawbacks.

1) You need a full moon to transform, so you'd better time your battles well or just get really lucky.
2) The technique to create an artificial moon uses up a substantial amount of ki to perform, meaning that even when starting fresh, your power once transformed is going to be reduced.
3) You're now a nice big target, possibly without any boost in speed along with all that power, so it would be REALLY easy for someone to cut off your tail, just like Yajirobe did to Vegeta.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:11 pm

Wow, this page takes "out of context" to a whole new level.