The DBO Timeline...Again

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Majin Steve
Beyond Newbie

Re: The DBO Timeline...Again

Post by Majin Steve » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:27 pm

I love Krillin and Tienshin's roles. Always found it sad Tien left off into mountain training.

The Goku and Vegeta death battle thing is very sad.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:43 pm

It's kinda disheartening to see Piccolo is the only one alive and all of Z-Senshi died. It feels more impact when you think about Piccolo being born because of Goku and now he doesn't see him anymore. And I kinda feel bad for Chi Chi and Bulma after Goku and Vegeta both left them to do one final battle.
Last edited by DragonBalllKaiHD on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:29 pm

If Chichi was alive at the time I guess she would be a big mess but eventually come around. We know Bulma survived for actually quite a while afterwards and I believe she would have accepted it and understood their decision much more easier than Chi.
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

Majin Steve
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Steve » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:31 pm

did it say how Bulma died?

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:46 pm

Majin Steve wrote:did it say how Bulma died?
Probably lung cancer.

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:14 pm

Yeah I also I vote for lung cancer, at the age of 90.
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:54 am

Isn't Master Roshi still alive?

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:12 am

Y'know, I'm not sure if I'm actually fond of the Goku vs Vegeta battle idea, if only because I think they'd just be able to battle each other in heaven once they're both dead.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:18 am

Saiga wrote:Y'know, I'm not sure if I'm actually fond of the Goku vs Vegeta battle idea, if only because I think they'd just be able to battle each other in heaven once they're both dead.
Yeah, I feel the same. Y'know, they could have gone to gather the dragonballs and wish for eternal youth so they could battle with each other for as long as they live. It's makes the adventure more exciting for hundreds of years to come. But then the tragedy felt more impact. I dunno. I just hate to see them leaving their wives.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:19 am

Jackal puFF wrote:Isn't Master Roshi still alive?
I do believe he is mentioned in the timeline. He's a sage (sen'nin), after all, and was hundreds of years old already during the original comic.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:24 am

JulieYBM wrote:I do believe he is mentioned in the timeline. He's a sage (sen'nin), after all, and was hundreds of years old already during the original comic.
He's alive, you can receive a quest to go to his island during the games' present AGE.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:26 am

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote: Yeah, I feel the same. Y'know, they could have gone to gather the dragonballs and wish for eternal youth so they could battle with each other for as long as they live. It's makes the adventure more exciting for hundreds of years to come. But then the tragedy felt more impact. I dunno. I just hate to see them leaving their wives.
The problem I have is, unless Vegeta is going to Hell, then there isn't much tragedy to it. If they go to heaven they'll most likely get bodies that are in their prime, and can duke it out forever. So there doesn't seem much reason for them to ditch their families in secret to go do that.

And I don't think Vegeta would go to Hell because I think he would have redeemed himself enough by now. Especially if Goku has curried enough favour to have Pure Boo reincarnated on Earth.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:33 am

Saiga wrote:The problem I have is, unless Vegeta is going to Hell, then there isn't much tragedy to it. If they go to heaven they'll most likely get bodies that are in their prime, and can duke it out forever. So there doesn't seem much reason for them to ditch their families in secret to go do that.
The whole point of the fight is to go out in a blaze of glory to prevent growing old. The fact that they'll get to keep their bodies at least close to their prime and can keep fighting in the afterlife (until they are presumably reincarnated) is just icing on the cake. If they just waited till they died naturally to take advantage of being dead, well then they'd be too old to fully enjoy it. You keep the body you die with, as did Grandpa Gohan.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:38 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Saiga wrote:The problem I have is, unless Vegeta is going to Hell, then there isn't much tragedy to it. If they go to heaven they'll most likely get bodies that are in their prime, and can duke it out forever. So there doesn't seem much reason for them to ditch their families in secret to go do that.
The whole point of the fight is to go out in a blaze of glory to prevent growing old. The fact that they'll get to keep their bodies at least close to their prime and can keep fighting in the afterlife (until they are presumably reincarnated) is just icing on the cake. If they just waited till they died naturally to take advantage of being dead, well then they'd be too old to fully enjoy it. You keep the body you die with, as did Grandpa Gohan.
Oh yeah, totally forgot about Gohan. Well... I would have thought they would have an option to have a body in it's prime... or if not, since age doesn't really matter in Otherworld, they'd just regain the strength they lost and continue getting stronger.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:49 am

Piccolo, Mutenroshi, Baba, Dende, Karin, Muuri and Tao Bai Bai are all confirmed to be alive, although the later is now Tao Bai Bai X with new cybernetic improvements. Well actually Red is also alive since he's revealed to be Artificial Human #9 and I think they've also managed to bring Gero back. I think that's all from the old cast. I guess Tsurusennin should also be alive somewhere.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:57 am

Artificial Humans #17 & #18 should be alive as well, though for now, I believe that #18 "followed" Kuririn when he died. Red/#9, Dr. Gero/#20, and Taopaipai X were still alive/revived, but I guess we killed them?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:37 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Artificial Humans #17 & #18 should be alive as well, though for now, I believe that #18 "followed" Kuririn when he died
Why would they be? Just because they are humans enhanced with cybernetics doesn't make them immortal.
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Red/#9, Dr. Gero/#20, and Taopaipai X were still alive/revived
I just said that. I literally just said that. Sometimes I think people ignore my posts.
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:but I guess we killed them?
I don't know if "we" killed them or not since I don't know what happens in game. We're discussing the Timeline and who's alive in the Age 1000, not who we kill or not during our adventures.

Majin Steve
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Steve » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:48 am

I prefer a Les Mis death for Vegeta & Goku, but Goku in Amanda Seyfried's role and Vegeta in Jean Valjean's. And then they are in a utopia with all their dead friends.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:55 am

Majin Steve wrote:I prefer a Les Mis death for Vegeta & Goku, but Goku in Amanda Seyfried's role and Vegeta in Jean Valjean's. And then they are in a utopia with all their dead friends.
What are you talking about? Do you honestly expect everyone to catch that vague reference? Care to expand on what exactly you mean?

Majin Steve
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Steve » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:41 am

It's not too hard to comprehend. Vegeta dies and Goku is there to bid him off to heaven. Then when Goku dies they are united at last, and also with all of the Dragon Ball pals from Launch to Pikon in Other world. Go see the film, or the musical, it's been out for 32 years.