Buff Boo

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Undertaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Buff Boo

Post by Undertaker » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:15 pm

I wondered when people say Evil Boo > Pure Boo which is true when you follow the Manga but it's weird that Buff Boo is Pure Boo + Southren Kaioshin. Just how many power could of Southren Kaioshin giving Boo when he is weaker than FPSSjin Teen Gohan?

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Re: Buff Boo

Post by CaBrPi » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:47 pm

What leads you to believe South Kaioshin is only as strong as Mastered Super Saiyan Cell Games-era Gohan?

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:49 pm

That's the thing though. We don't know how strong he was, because we've got nothing really to work with. The way that East Kaioushin described the past attempts to try and remove the Z Sword leave it open to the possibility that South Kaioushin never actually tried removing it. Prior to Buu's arrival, the Kaioushin were living in a time of peace, and as such, why would he, already the strongest of the Kaioushin, want to bother with obtaining more power. By the time Buu arrived, he may not have had the chance to attempt and remove it or, more importantly, was confident that his own strength was enough.

Likewise, if you look at the situation, it's possible that he was stronger than Buu, because Buu absorbed him rather than killed him outright like he did with West and North. Although this is Pure Buu and not one of the more logic minded ones, pretty much every time we've seen Buu absorb someone, it's for some form of tactical advantage: Gotenks and Piccolo because he knew he had no chance of victory against Gohan otherwise, Gohan once the Gotenks fusion wore off and he became weak enough for Gohan to kill him, Vegetto when he realized he had no other option available to him, etc. I feel that South Kaioushin was strong enough that Buu had no other option in order to win, so he absorbed him. As for the potentially erroneous example of Dai Kaioushin, I look at that as an example of his instinctual mind in action. He absorbed South Kaioushin and grew stronger, thus you could look at it along the lines of obtaining a reward for his actions. Naturally, he'd think that absorbing another Kaioushin would result in a similar reward.

Finally, we just don't know how Buu's absorptions work. It could very well be just simple addition of the two strengths, or it could be considerably different. There's just no way of knowing for certain.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:05 pm

CaBrPi wrote:What leads you to believe South Kaioshin is only as strong as Mastered Super Saiyan Cell Games-era Gohan?
He didn't say Cell Games-era Gohan. I know that's confusing with the English games referring to Cell Games Gohan as "Teen Gohan", though.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:29 pm

OOOOHHHHH. I feel stupid.

I didn't make the Z-sword connection. :oops:

Mystic Gohan
Regular

Post by Mystic Gohan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:13 pm

Yeah I think that SSjin Teen Gohan is like a wall that no Kaioshin can overcome. I think the best explanation is that Boo reacts differently and weirdly with Kaioshin's.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:33 pm

Buff Buu is stated to be above Super Buu. I think the Kaioshins have a negative effect of dividing Buu's power however he can reverse the effects if his influence is superior. Kid Buu's influence was superior to Southern Kaioshin and as such it multiplied his power. This is how Buff Buu is stronger than Super Buu IMO.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:49 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:Buff Buu is stated to be above Super Buu. I think the Kaioshins have a negative effect of dividing Buu's power however he can reverse the effects if his influence is superior. Kid Buu's influence was superior to Southern Kaioshin and as such it multiplied his power. This is how Buff Buu is stronger than Super Buu IMO.
Makes sense to me.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:59 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:Buff Buu is stated to be above Super Buu. I think the Kaioshins have a negative effect of dividing Buu's power however he can reverse the effects if his influence is superior. Kid Buu's influence was superior to Southern Kaioshin and as such it multiplied his power. This is how Buff Buu is stronger than Super Buu IMO.
Interesting. I never looked at Boo's absorptions of the Kaioshins like that. This makes a lot of sense.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Mystic Gohan
Regular

Post by Mystic Gohan » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:44 am

Why is Kid Boo's influence superior over South Kaioshin, but not Dai Kaioshin?

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Post by Nazi Cola » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:44 am

Kaioshin said Boo "somehow" absorbed South Kaioshin, while he didn't add this to the absorption of Dai Kaioshin, so that could be something to ponder.
CatouttaHell wrote:I guess he's just impossibly powerful and he now gets thrills from letting things go as much to hell as possible before busting out his ultimate power and ending the villain or some shit.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:47 am

Mystic Gohan wrote:Why is Kid Boo's influence superior over South Kaioshin, but not Dai Kaioshin?
Eastern Kaioshin explained that Daikaioshins jolly and peaceful nature changed Buu. Buu's personality and power changed when absorbed Daikaioshin because his goodness was too much for Kid Buu to handle. Southern Kaioshin wasn't as good. You could also say that Southern Kaioshin hindered his ability resist the influence of the Kais.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Mystic Gohan
Regular

Post by Mystic Gohan » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:49 am

TheMightyOzaru wrote:
Mystic Gohan wrote:Why is Kid Boo's influence superior over South Kaioshin, but not Dai Kaioshin?
Eastern Kaioshin explained that Daikaioshins jolly and peaceful nature changed Buu. Buu's personality and power changed when absorbed Daikaioshin because his goodness was too much for Kid Buu to handle. Southern Kaioshin wasn't as good. You could also say that Southern Kaioshin hindered his ability resist the influence of the Kais.
You think South Kaioshin wouldn't be good? I doubt the protectors of the universe would even have an ounce of evil in them.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:53 am

Wasn't as good. As in, the South Kaioshin was still a good guy, just not the super pure ultimate god of goodness like the Dai Kaioshin was.

SSJ4_Zankuto
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ4_Zankuto » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:29 am

If South Kaioshin truly is around Super Saiyan Full Power Gohan's level of power. I'd be considering multiplications for Majin Boo's absorption for Kaioshins and possibly Gotenks and Gohan. Maybe there is a limit how strong Majin Boo can get through absorption as multiplication could start decreasing.

Undertaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Undertaker » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:42 am

CaBrPi wrote:What leads you to believe South Kaioshin is only as strong as Mastered Super Saiyan Cell Games-era Gohan?
He is way weaker than that because he failed to release the Z Sword.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:47 am

Nothing ever implied that South Kaioshin had ever tried to pull out the Z-Sword, so that argument is simply invalid.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:49 am

I believe that South Kaioshin was around SS3 Goku's level. Since we didn't see any special skills from the South via Boo, while we did see special skills from Dai Kaioshin via Boo, and since the South made Pure Boo stronger than Evil Boo, then Boo's reason for absorbing him should be his great power (he was the strongest Kaioshin after all). Even the anime shows him fighting evenly with Boo (and it was a very cool little fight).
As for why didn't he pull of the Z-Sword? I believe that he tried to remove it in his young years, when he wasn't that strong, but never bothered do do it again.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Mystic Gohan
Regular

Post by Mystic Gohan » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:23 am

Pantalones wrote:Wasn't as good. As in, the South Kaioshin was still a good guy, just not the super pure ultimate god of goodness like the Dai Kaioshin was.
But he is still pure of heart right? If so, both he and Dai Kaioshin would be pure of heart anyway. I don't think it's influence. It's just something cool AT thought of most likely, symbolizing good vs evil IMO.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:02 pm

Undertaker wrote:
He is way weaker than that because he failed to release the Z Sword.
As mentioned by myself and others in this topic, it wasn't stated that he ever tried to pull out the Z Sword.
Chapter: 471 (DBZ 277), P10.2-4
Kaioshin: “I want Gohan to use the Z Sword to defeat Majin Boo. Knowing him, he should definitely be able to use it.”
Kibito: “A-are you serious, Lord Kaioshin…?!! There’s no way that some human would be able to use the Z Sword!! That legendary sword which not merely myself, but numerous Kaioshins were utterly unable to handle…”
Kaioshin: “You were dead, Kibito, so you didn’t get to see Gohan here’s unbelievably tremendous power.”
All that implies is that many Kaioushin had tried removing it, but every one of them that had tried had failed. It doesn't say that every single one of them has tried to pull it out (and in fact the wording suggests that there are some that haven't).