Movie 8 Broly's Strength

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Re: Movie 8 Broly's Strength

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:30 pm

Undertaker wrote:
SSJFinny wrote:I put Broly at perfect cells strength but only 75% of cells speed. If only he got proper ki training, IMO with proper training no one could have been near his league except maybe boo gohan absorbed in M8.
M8 Broly would get stomped by Perfect Cell. The only one who matches Perfect Cell's full power is Bojack. M8 LSSjin Broly is based on USSjin 2 Trunks but better. The better form is the FPSSjin which is why M8 Broly is in par with Cell Games FPSSjin Goku.
You need to stop treating your theories as if they were fact. There are many theories that put Broly near or above Cell. The most notable would be the SSJ multiplier transfer theory, thats my name for it. This theory is the idea that when a base level character transfers his or her energy to a SSJ, the SSJ multiplier will shoot it up. This won't necessarily make Broly stronger than Cell however it can depending on how low the Z-fighters energy levels were.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

lash
Regular

Post by lash » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:34 pm

A notch stronger than the suppressed Perfect Cell FPSSJ Goku fought. A good deal weaker than FP Perfect Cell.
Unlike the non-FPSSJ Goku in movie 8, FPSSJ Goku can apparently destroy Hatchihyakku in one fully charged full powered Kamehameha. http://youtu.be/D3raFx6J54c?t=2m51s
Since he's stated a bit stronger than Broly, movie 8 Broly would suffer the same fate against such a point blank attack from FPSSJ Goku.
-Otherwise known as The God of DBG.

Undertaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Undertaker » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:36 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
SSJFinny wrote:I put Broly at perfect cells strength but only 75% of cells speed. If only he got proper ki training, IMO with proper training no one could have been near his league except maybe boo gohan absorbed in M8.
M8 Broly would get stomped by Perfect Cell. The only one who matches Perfect Cell's full power is Bojack. M8 LSSjin Broly is based on USSjin 2 Trunks but better. The better form is the FPSSjin which is why M8 Broly is in par with Cell Games FPSSjin Goku.
You need to stop treating your theories as if they were fact. There are many theories that put Broly near or above Cell. The most notable would be the SSJ multiplier transfer theory, thats my name for it. This theory is the idea that when a base level character transfers his or her energy to a SSJ, the SSJ multiplier will shoot it up. This won't necessarily make Broly stronger than Cell however it can depending on how low the Z-fighters energy levels were.
Except that my theories are supported while what you said makes no sense at all. So what if they transferred their energy? Toei never went by that logic.

Undertaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Undertaker » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:39 pm

lash wrote:A notch stronger than the suppressed Perfect Cell FPSSJ Goku fought. A good deal weaker than FP Perfect Cell.
Unlike the non-FPSSJ Goku in movie 8, FPSSJ Goku can apparently destroy Hatchihyakku in one fully charged full powered Kamehameha. http://youtu.be/D3raFx6J54c?t=2m51s
Since he's stated a bit stronger than Broly, movie 8 Broly would suffer the same fate against such a point blank attack from FPSSJ Goku.
Hatchiyack is much stronger than M8 Broly. King Kai had never felt a power like that. M8 LSSjin Broly is at most Cell Games FPSSjin Gohan IMO so I think Hatchiyack should be good deal above the Cell Games FPSSjins.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:40 pm

Undertaker wrote:Except that my theories are supported while what you said makes no sense at all. So what if they transferred their energy? Toei never went by that logic.
Says who? You? You don't know how powerful Toei decided to make Goku when he defeated Broly. Goku is always being overpowered in the movies. How does my theory make no sense? The SSJ form shoots up the energy that is transferred to him. This isn't denied by anything. It's a simple theory that can work.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Undertaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Undertaker » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:43 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
TheMightyOzaru wrote:M8 Broly would get stomped by Perfect Cell. The only one who matches Perfect Cell's full power is Bojack. M8 LSSjin Broly is based on USSjin 2 Trunks but better. The better form is the FPSSjin which is why M8 Broly is in par with Cell Games FPSSjin Goku.

Except that my theories are supported while what you said makes no sense at all. So what if they transferred their energy? Toei never went by that logic.
Says who? You? You don't know how powerful Toei decided to make Goku when he defeated Broly. Goku is always being overpowered in the movies. How does my theory make no sense? The SSJ form shoots up the energy that is transferred to him. This isn't denied by anything. It's a simple theory that can work.
It was never even stated to begin with and it's based on nothing. I don't even know what you mean. I think M8 Goku after absorbing the energy was just stronger than Cell Games FPSSjin Kid Gohan and Base Bojack at most IMO.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:46 pm

Undertaker wrote:It was never even stated to begin with and it's based on nothing. I don't even know what you mean. I think M8 Goku after absorbing the energy was just stronger than Cell Games FPSSjin Kid Gohan and Base Bojack at most IMO.
You can have an opinion but don't go around claiming that Broly weaker than Perfect Cell as if it were a fact. This is where I have everyone in terms of power levels:
FPSSJ Gohan: 20,000,000,000
LSSJ Broly: 22,400,000,000
Perfect Cell: 33,280,000,000
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Undertaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Undertaker » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:52 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:
Undertaker wrote:It was never even stated to begin with and it's based on nothing. I don't even know what you mean. I think M8 Goku after absorbing the energy was just stronger than Cell Games FPSSjin Kid Gohan and Base Bojack at most IMO.
You can have an opinion but don't go around claiming that Broly weaker than Perfect Cell as if it were a fact. This is where I have everyone in terms of power levels:
Perfect Cell > M8 Broly is a fact because he was made by the time of USSjin 2 Trunks. This is like saying Frieza > Slug is not a fact.

My levels:

Initial Movie 8 LSSjin Broly ~ Cell Games FPSSjin Goku=200,000,000,000
M8 LSSjin Broly (Full Power) ~ Cell Games FPSSjin Gohan=240,000,000,000
Perfect Cell=575,000,000,000
Last edited by Undertaker on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lash
Regular

Post by lash » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:54 pm

Undertaker wrote:Hatchiyack is much stronger than M8 Broly. King Kai had never felt a power like that. M8 LSSjin Broly is at most Cell Games FPSSjin Gohan IMO so I think Hatchiyack should be good deal above the Cell Games FPSSjins.
Nah. Goku states his power "may" be greater than Broly's. Since Goku isn't totally sure, the difference between them can't be too noticeable.

Undertaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Undertaker » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:57 pm

lash wrote:
Undertaker wrote:Hatchiyack is much stronger than M8 Broly. King Kai had never felt a power like that. M8 LSSjin Broly is at most Cell Games FPSSjin Gohan IMO so I think Hatchiyack should be good deal above the Cell Games FPSSjins.
Nah. Goku states his power "may" be greater than Broly's. Since Goku isn't totally sure, the difference between them can't be too noticeable.
King Kai said SSjin GoHan in the Cell Games might be stronger than Goku but yet the difference was noticeable. The "might" is to build up drama. King Kai said "Oh shit I have never felt such a ki" which implies a big gap gap between Hatchiyack to Broly.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:59 pm

Undertaker wrote:
TheMightyOzaru wrote:
Perfect Cell > M8 Broly is a fact because he was made by the time of USSjin 2 Trunks. This is like saying Freeza > Slug is not a fact.
Umm no... Just because he was made around the time of SSJG2 Trunks does not mean he is weaker than Perfect Cell... Seriously what kind of logic is that. There is no concrete evidence suggesting that Broly is weaker or stronger than Cell, you just have to take what you are given and apply what you think his level is. Slug is weaker than Freeza because he got owned by a Ginyu Saga, more or less, Goku at FSSJ. Broly however is up in the air because he dominated everyone until Goku got everyone's energy. Looking at GT, which uses the same logic as the movies, SSJ4 Goku got powered up by 3 SSJ's and a Pan. Toei could very well have made Goku stronger than Perfect Cell based on what they have done in the past.
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Mystic Gohan
Regular

Post by Mystic Gohan » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:08 pm

Undertaker goes around every forum treating his theories like fact, just saying.

On topic - I think Broly is a movie equivalent of Full Power Perfect Cell.

lash
Regular

Post by lash » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:43 am

Undertaker wrote:King Kai said SSjin GoHan in the Cell Games might be stronger than Goku but yet the difference was noticeable. The "might" is to build up drama.

King Kai said "Oh shit I have never felt such a ki" which implies a big gap gap between Hatchiyack to Broly.
The difference actually wasn't really all that noticeable. Gohan didn't exactly put up a spectacular fight against the same Cell Goku fought, did he? And considering Gohan hadn't fought yet when Kaiosama made that statement(and a fighter tends to appear stronger when they actually do fight), his 'might' comment still holds a lot of credit.

You're reaching too far out of context. The statement implies exactly what was said. He's never felt such a Ki(and he hasn't) and he's therefore impressed that it's that huge. Nothing more.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:23 am

lash wrote:A notch stronger than the suppressed Perfect Cell FPSSJ Goku fought. A good deal weaker than FP Perfect Cell.
That was Hatchiyack after multiplying himself. Probably split his power to all these other Hatchiyacks, and Goku just killed the original. No way he could be killed by such a weak technique.

Undertaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Undertaker » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:36 am

Umm no... Just because he was made around the time of SSJG2 Trunks does not mean he is weaker than Perfect Cell... Seriously what kind of logic is that. There is no concrete evidence suggesting that Broly is weaker or stronger than Cell, you just have to take what you are given and apply what you think his level is. Slug is weaker than Freeza because he got owned by a Ginyu Saga, more or less, Goku at FSSJ. Broly however is up in the air because he dominated everyone until Goku got everyone's energy. Looking at GT, which uses the same logic as the movies, SSJ4 Goku got powered up by 3 SSJ's and a Pan. Toei could very well have made Goku stronger than Perfect Cell based on what they have done in the past.[/quote]

The chapter of FP PC was barely in the Manga. This is why Broly would get stomped by Cell. If he was made before so he is weaker because he faced weaker Z Fighters. Broly got owned by a Perfect Cell Arc SSjin Goku combined with the powers of weaklings which is why he is weaker. I have already provided enough evidence.
Mystic Gohan wrote:Undertaker goes around every forum treating his theories like fact, just saying.

On topic - I think Broly is a movie equivalent of Full Power Perfect Cell.
No, I don't treat them like facts. What forums? How do you know I am even active on the forums? My theories are based on evidence. M8 Broly is not related to Full Power Perfect Cell. This is Bojack.
Last edited by Undertaker on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

SSJ4_Zankuto
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ4_Zankuto » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:37 am

I always wanted to know if that close range Kamehame-Ha! Broly tanked has same power as the one Goku used Instantaneous Kamehame-Ha! at Perfect Cell. If true, M8 Broly being more powerful than Perfect Cell, who fights Super Saiyan Full Power Son Goku and Son Gohan, maybe possible enough to put him on Full-Power Perfect Cell, which was still inferior to SSjin 2 Gohan's power.

Undertaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Undertaker » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:43 am

lash wrote:
Undertaker wrote:King Kai said SSjin GoHan in the Cell Games might be stronger than Goku but yet the difference was noticeable. The "might" is to build up drama.

King Kai said "Oh shit I have never felt such a ki" which implies a big gap gap between Hatchiyack to Broly.
The difference actually wasn't really all that noticeable. Gohan didn't exactly put up a spectacular fight against the same Cell Goku fought, did he? And considering Gohan hadn't fought yet when Kaiosama made that statement(and a fighter tends to appear stronger when they actually do fight), his 'might' comment still holds a lot of credit.

You're reaching too far out of context. The statement implies exactly what was said. He's never felt such a Ki(and he hasn't) and he's therefore impressed that it's that huge. Nothing more.
What did you prove about Gohan? Gohan was stronger than the Cell who Goku fought. It's more than just might. He had felt Broly before and he is still shocked at the amount of power Hatchiyack had.

Undertaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Undertaker » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:48 am

SSJ4_Zankuto wrote:I always wanted to know if that close range Kamehame-Ha! Broly tanked has same power as the one Goku used Instantaneous Kamehame-Ha! at Perfect Cell. If true, M8 Broly being more powerful than Perfect Cell, who fights Super Saiyan Full Power Son Goku and Son Gohan, maybe possible enough to put him on Full-Power Perfect Cell, which was still inferior to SSjin 2 Gohan's power.
But wait, that was a weaker Goku who charged his Kamehameha for a much longer time vs Cell and was shown exhausted with Cell commenting Goku poured most of his ki into his attack but after attacking Broly, Goku was just stunned the attack did nothing but he was not drained of his ki. Perfect Cell would stomp M8 Broly because the chapter of FP PC was barely in the Manga. That's common sense. 8)

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:12 am

Undertaker, you have already been asked by a moderator to keep your posts concise without the multiple responses. You can and should address as much as you can in a single post. It is possible to quote multiple folks and respond all in the same post, and we will ask once again that you do this rather than post multiple times in a row.

Additionally, I am going to give one final free warning about attitude. These types of conversations are already looked down upon by the larger Kanzenshuu community because of the general attitudes that erupt from them, and you are only proving these pre-conceptions correct by acting this way -- I tried to jest with this in my initial response way back at the beginning of the thread, but it's clear no-one paid any attention :). Knock off the holier-than-thou responses, and respect what other folks bring to the table. If all you wanted was to have your own thoughts/theories validated by other people, you shouldn't have created a thread asking for other folks' thoughts in the first place.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:36 am

Undertaker wrote:
Zephyr wrote:I treat him as being in the same tier as SSj2 Gohan and Super Perfect Cell.
Perfect Cell would beat him easily. He should be in the same level of Cell Games FPSSjin Goku.
Undertaker wrote: Even though he is wrong?
Would you mind explaining how you reach this particular conclusion? I don't see why it's necessary for Broly to be significantly weaker than Cell.