Dragon Ball on Hokotate

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gokuden
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball on Hokotate

Post by Gokuden » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:52 am

kei17 wrote:
Herms wrote:Oh, and apparently out of the approximately 40 people there, there were essentially no women.
There were two women including one of the managers of that blog named Iinchou, who was holding a baby during the test.
Gokuden wrote:To me, it seems being a foreigner is a disadvantage, hopefully not though.
It is rather an advantage, actually.
Hopefully, diversity ftw! :D
That time your teacher asked you to draw Cell in biology class.
This man is my hero:
To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about the fans a re-issue might alienate because if all they're concerned about is being able to scalp the people who were either unaware of the Dragon Boxes or couldn't afford them at the time, they're just leeches and deserve to have their greed backfire on them.

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:02 am

kei17 wrote:It is rather an advantage, actually.
Well, I think it certainly could be. As you, Peking Duck and I were talking about on the train, while Japanese fans worry about sticking out too much and having their superfandom revealed to friends and coworkers, as a foreigner, I'm allowed a certain amount of difference that would be socially unacceptable otherwise. I already stick out, so I can feel free to stick out as much as I need to get noticed.

I'm not sure that it's necessarily fair to the Japanese entrants, but as they say, don't hate the foreigner; hate the discriminatory system that can occasionally be used to the foreigner's advantage.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:33 am

Just wondering, what type of questions did they ask? Was it more Manga or Anime based?

Oh, and did you participate as well Kei17? :)
Last edited by DragonBoxZTheMovies on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 am

Julian being on the show would be awesome. Good luck my friend!

Is there any video available of Greg doin' his One Piece thing on Hoko x Tate? I'd love to see that.

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:13 am

Hope you get on the show Julian. :) Best of luck.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:50 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Oh, and did you participate as well Kei17? :)
I was not planning to, but the staff scouted me by Peking Duck's introduction.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:44 pm

Someone from BOG's 2ch thread has either been lurking these forums or was at the Hoko x Tate auditions, they mention Julian having been there and link Kanzenshuu.
250 :見ろ!名無しがゴミのようだ!:2013/02/12(火) 00:57:55.61 ID:e1aVMOXS
劇中歌かっこよかったけど影山と比べたらなあ
そう言えばピッコロさん大好きがあったなw
あと関係ないかもしれんが
ほこたてのドラゴンボールマニアオーディション昨日あったみたい
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/
ここの管理人も参加したらしく多分出るだろうから楽しみ
Julian's not referred to by name, but they say the person is a staff member of Kanzenshuu, so more press for Julian?
Source: http://kohada.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ani ... 360132158/

I do hope he make the next round!

Also,I feel better knowing there were at least some women at the Hoko x Tate auditions; I know DB's got fans of both genders; maybe the audition just didn't interest the female fans as much? Or it was at a time of day that would be difficult for anyone to get to? I have no clue.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

theawesomepossum777
Beyond Newbie

Post by theawesomepossum777 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:23 pm

Chuquita wrote:Someone from BOG's 2ch thread has either been lurking these forums or was at the Hoko x Tate auditions, they mention Julian having been there and link Kanzenshuu.
250 :見ろ!名無しがゴミのようだ!:2013/02/12(火) 00:57:55.61 ID:e1aVMOXS
劇中歌かっこよかったけど影山と比べたらなあ
そう言えばピッコロさん大好きがあったなw
あと関係ないかもしれんが
ほこたてのドラゴンボールマニアオーディション昨日あったみたい
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/
ここの管理人も参加したらしく多分出るだろうから楽しみ
Julian's not referred to by name, but they say the person is a staff member of Kanzenshuu, so more press for Julian?
Source: http://kohada.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ani ... 360132158/

I do hope he make the next round

Also,I feel better knowing there were at least some women at the Hoko x Tate auditions; I know DB's got fans of both genders; maybe the audition just didn't interest the female fans as much? Or it was at a time of day that would be difficult for anyone to get to? I have no clue.
Yeah, Julian deserves going to the next round!

On the subject of 2ch, that is odd that they specifically know he is from Kanzenshuu... Maybe kei posted that. Can someone translate the post?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:41 pm

I think I'll die of laughter if one of the 2ch posts say "Wow, that Kanzenshuu place knows more about Dragon Ball then we do!" :lol:
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:43 pm

We do. That's why folks like kei17 come here -- more rabid enthusiasm than they can get at home.

Yeah. That's me. VegettoEX. Importing Japanese fans and exporting American fans back over to Japan. What of it?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:48 pm

theawesomepossum777 wrote:On the subject of 2ch, that is odd that they specifically know he is from Kanzenshuu... Maybe kei posted that.
Of course not because I don't want them to notice that I'm going to be on TV. Speaking of the reason why the poster knows that Julian is from Kanzenshuu, I guess it's because he introduced himself on a Japanese blog.

Personally speaking, I feel a little uncomfortable about Kanzenshuu being introduced among the Japanese fandom which sucks ass. I can easily imagine me becoming a target of abuse on 2ch if I mess up something on the show. They'll keep insulting me forever.
Last edited by kei17 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

JP6GAMER
Beyond Newbie

Post by JP6GAMER » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:09 pm

I hope you get to the next round! You really deserve it.
" You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keep... his PRIDE! "-Vegeta

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:54 am

I failed. Boo.

JP6GAMER
Beyond Newbie

Post by JP6GAMER » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:36 am

kei17 wrote:I failed. Boo.
:( What a pity!
" You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keep... his PRIDE! "-Vegeta

Ryuman
Regular

Post by Ryuman » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:38 am

Dang, sounds like tough competition. I guess you'll at least be a little relieved that you don't have to go on TV though, right?

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:50 am

Ryuman wrote:Dang, sounds like tough competition. I guess you'll at least be a little relieved that you don't have to go on TV though, right?
I guess they want those who would be fun for TV rather than truly knowledgeable fans, after all. [/sour grapes] Anyway, as you say, I'm relieved that I don't have to reveal my identity to the Japanese fandom.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:25 pm

I can understand you not wanting to go on TV Kei, so I guess it worked out. I hope Julian made it to the next round at least.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

the original ero-sennin
Beyond Newbie

Post by the original ero-sennin » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:35 pm

Chuquita wrote:I can understand you not wanting to go on TV Kei, so I guess it worked out. I hope Julian made it to the next round at least.
I hope so too. Well, Greg was on both of the One Piece specials. It would seem that someone in charge thinks that the peculiarity of American fans in Japan makes for good TV.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:48 pm

the original ero-sennin wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I can understand you not wanting to go on TV Kei, so I guess it worked out. I hope Julian made it to the next round at least.
I hope so too. Well, Greg was on both of the One Piece specials. It would seem that someone in charge thinks that the peculiarity of American fans in Japan makes for good TV.
Which I hope helps Julian's chances; he's also got his "saiyajin gentleman about town" outfit going on that he wore to the test. It looks very cool, like his counterpart to Greg in the Chopper-hat (which I also thought looked cool).
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:54 pm

Went and watched the One Piece one with Greg in it. Hopefully Julian, you make it on to there. You're definitely one of the most qualified to go on, plus being foreign seems to help you this time around, haha!