How did you decide/get your avatar?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Re: How did you decide/get your avatar?

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:32 pm

I've recently gotten into Fullmetal Alchemist, and after having read up to Volume 9 of the manga, watched both anime, both films, most of the OVAs, and all of Brotherhood's "4-Koma Theatre"...I decided to change my avatar to that of Envy, my favourite FMA character (or, at least, tied with Alphonse, Alex Louis Armstrong, and King Bradley).

Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:24 am

My current avatar is snipped from some fan-artwork.

The expression Gohan is making was too good to pass up.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Sinestro
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sinestro » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:42 pm

Sinestro of DC's Sinestro Corps.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:01 pm

Been watching some Namek stuff lately, and remembered how much I always loved Vegeta during that arc. I thought this shot was awesome, so I made it my avatar.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Majin Steve
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Steve » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:15 am

My avatar is a pic from my trip to China, on one of the peaks of the holy Mt Hua Shan.

Ketchup_Revenge
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ketchup_Revenge » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:43 am

I've watched SGT Frog lately, and I love Kululu. He's such a Chuck Huber voiced asshole.
I wipe it off the tile, the light is brighter this time, everything is 3D blasphemy.
My eyes are red and gold, the hair is standing straight up, this is not the way I picture me.
I can't control my shakes, how the hell did I get here? Something about this, so very wrong.
I have to laugh out loud, I wish I didn't like this. Is it a dream or a memory?

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:55 am

I'm up to the SSJ Goku vs Freeza stuff in my re-watch of DBZ so I thought a Freeza avatar would be neat. I've also always thought this drawing of Freeza was pretty cool.

DanTheBib
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DanTheBib » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:01 pm

I was hoping to come across one of those avatars that, whenever you see it, you think "oh, that's [that guy/DanTheBib]" without even noticing the username. I did a random Google search for "Pikachu a", and it came up with "Pikachu Avengers". That, I had to see.

Aside from Dragon Ball, Pokémon is one of the many big things I like. Saw Pikachu crossed with Thor, and had to have it. Fantastic.
"Well, I guess there is retarded people out there that has serious complains." - Margarita.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:43 pm

My new avatar is Belial when he removes the Armored Darkness's helmet.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Ryuman
Regular

Post by Ryuman » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:54 pm

What better way is there to express my following of the series than Gohan derping around on the internet? Gotta love the '08 Jump Special (In either form).

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:06 pm

So far Laxus is one of my favorite Fairy Tail characters.

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Post by Nex Carnifex » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:34 am

Someone posted a bunch of weird Frieza images they made and this one was funny

MDSTSSJ
Regular

Post by MDSTSSJ » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:48 am

Gogeta from DBZ Movie 12 because it has a menacing look!!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:30 am

After sticking with Kaboom's awesome artwork of 'Super Oob' for a long time, I was pretty content to keep it...until I saw this new shot of Kuririn from Battle of Gods. Not perfect (especially not scaled down), but it still screamed 'AVATAR ME, AVATAR ME NOW'. Who am I to resist it's call?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:44 am

After beating Dragon Quest 8 a while ago in January (a game I highly recommend to JRPG fans alike), I felt was about time to change. I was going to go with a manga scan of 16 year old Gohan but it didn't work out since I can't get a good scan that's quality wasn't crappy. But after looking through the avatar thread I saw Piccolo Diamao posted a while ago some Ultimate Battle 22 artwork avatars. I saw Great Saiyaman and it will suffice. :)
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:57 am

Bills looks awesome in that new shot, so I made him my new avatar for now.

James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:19 pm

Couldn't resist.

I'll probably change it back to my previous Oolong avatar after all the hype of the new movie dies down.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:58 pm

Okay...last avatar change for a while...

I just custom made this one from the panel of SSJ Gohan in volume 36, re colored him with black hair (for the "Ultimate" effect), colored his skin and gave the sky some color.

Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:00 am

My avatar finally changed!! wow, it's been like, what? A year I think.

From an awesome sketch of The Undertaker to one of the best gifs (first gif avatar I ever used too) I have ever seen. Shawn Michaels being cool before it was cool to do it back in 1998!

Gotta love it.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:50 pm

Couldn't resist silly Vegeta face! I've switched to the hilarious looking expression Vegeta makes in the Battle of Gods movie. Grrr, I wish I could see this movie NOW!

A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube