Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

pappy
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by pappy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:50 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Cue next spin-off where Super Saiyan Bardock travels back through time to attempt to save the Saiyan race before Freeza destroys them and becomes the original Super Saiyan God but cannot get enough pure-hearted Saiyans to help him and oh god this is far too likely to get made please stop me from writing any more.
Next time on Episode of Bardock 5! Bardock the legendary god of time traveling saiyan super psychics has found out about his son's heart condition. Realizing his (true, final, we really mean it this time guys) purpose, he travels to a future already laid to waste and ascends into time-traveling essence, henceforth known as bio-Bardock, and fuses with Trunks' ship to actually make it work. Finally, Bardock can die in peace knowing his son will defeat free... some other guys.
I love you love Mashirito.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:51 pm

AnimeMaakuo wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:They could have just wished Broli back to life to have one more Saiyan involved.
You're joking right?
That's what they did in Toyble's AF when they needed 7 Super Saiyans to revive the Dragon Balls (which BTW is something very close to the 6 Saiyans needed for the SSJ God, and with Toytaro apparently being Toyble, I wouldn't be surprised if it was where they got the idea).
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:52 pm

kei17 wrote:IIRC, Super Saiyan God looked like this.

Goku's body became thinner.
So...Kaioken?

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:53 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:But by mentioning him they are directly connecting this continuation of the manga to an OVA (which was more a continuation of the anime since it had anime-exclusive characters, like Gregory). They could just have mentioned Future Trunks.
There is a manga adaptation of the special, that doesn't include Gregory by the way.
Really? :o Oh well, I guess that's the version that fits the continuity then.

Awesome! Thanks for the drawing :thumbup:

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Post by Nex Carnifex » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:54 pm

I wish they'd just call it Kami-ken or something that would make more sense, given it just looks like a more vibrant Kaio-ken...

Ryuman
Regular

Post by Ryuman » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:55 pm

Red eyes too? Nice.
Now go take a well-deserved sleep, Kei!

Dorexx
Regular

Post by Dorexx » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:57 pm

omegalucas wrote:
AnimeMaakuo wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:They could have just wished Broli back to life to have one more Saiyan involved.
You're joking right?
That's what they did in Toyble's AF when they needed 7 Super Saiyans to revive the Dragon Balls (which BTW is something very close to the 6 Saiyans needed for the SSJ God, and with Toytaro apparently being Toyble, I wouldn't be surprised if it was where they got the idea).
I don't think they'd really have the time and energy to "domesticate" Broli while being in the middle of a fight with the strongest foe in DB history. So they'd just add one more trouble to the mix.
酷签名

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:58 pm

Maybe the Kaio Ken was Kaio's attempt at reproducing the effect of the Super Saiyan God. That would explain the somewhat similar appearance and the fact that Kaio never managed to master the technique while Goku had slightly more luck with it :)

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:00 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Maybe the Kaio Ken was Kaio's attempt at reproducing the effect of the Super Saiyan God. That would explain the somewhat similar appearance and the fact that Kaio never managed to master the technique while Goku had slightly more luck with it :)
And why Tenshinhan never masters it. :wink:

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:02 pm

Resembling Kaioken too much is my fault. It definitely looks different with a CG aura.

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Post by Nex Carnifex » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:04 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Maybe the Kaio Ken was Kaio's attempt at reproducing the effect of the Super Saiyan God. That would explain the somewhat similar appearance and the fact that Kaio never managed to master the technique while Goku had slightly more luck with it :)
That would be some awesome lore, and would connect the SSG back to previously established plot-elements, which is always makes the quality of the story more solid.

worldmonsters
Patreon Supporter

Post by worldmonsters » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:06 pm

Well, they can't wish for Broly, because Pilaf used their wish :p Also Broly isn't part of the manga storyline, so wishing back Nappa and Radditz would be better, HOWEVER, who says any of those are a pure Saiyan?

Sani

Post by Sani » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:10 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:But by mentioning him they are directly connecting this continuation of the manga to an OVA (which was more a continuation of the anime since it had anime-exclusive characters, like Gregory). They could just have mentioned Future Trunks.
There is a manga adaptation of the special, that doesn't include Gregory by the way.

Actually, he is there. In the second part.

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:11 pm

I didn't really have any expectations in particular, but Super Saiyan God basically being a Kaio Ken clone in design is disappointing.

pappy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by pappy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:11 pm

I love that super saiyan god is so basic in design. I'm however not so keen on the "it takes six saiyans to unlock it" plot device, since it seems that number's purpose is only to "shockingly" reveal pan who we already know about in the first place. I might be being too harsh though; haven't seen the movie after all!
I love you love Mashirito.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:12 pm

Sani wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:

Actually, he is there. In the second part.
Aha, oh well :)
fps_anth wrote:I didn't really have any expectations in particular, but Super Saiyan God basically being a Kaio Ken clone in design is disappointing.
It probably is as much as Kaio Ken clone as SSJ2 is a clone of SSJ1...

worldmonsters
Patreon Supporter

Post by worldmonsters » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:12 pm

fps_anth wrote:I didn't really have any expectations in particular, but Super Saiyan God basically being a Kaio Ken clone in design is disappointing.
Well like Kei said, in his picture it sort of looks like Kaio Ken, but he said that was his own fault. It looks different in the movie. So, maybe just hang on to your horses a bit longer. But be prepared to be disappointed just in case :p

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:17 pm

Kei will not get much sleep this day xD
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:18 pm

Nice drawing! Hope you get some good sleep after this. :3
So the form makes his body slimmer/leaner rather than muscular? Oh that's different. O_O
I like it though.

It could slso be used to explain how Uisu and Birusu are so powerful despite having slim figures.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Post by Nex Carnifex » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:19 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
It probably is as much as Kaio Ken clone as SSJ2 is a clone of SSJ1...
Yeah that's acceptable because SS1 and 2 are directly related, Kaio-ken and SSG are not, if Kaio-ken turns out to be Kaio-sama's attempt at recreating the Super Saiyan God this could be forgiven...