MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 3/4/24!)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 4/16/13

Post by Gaffer Tape » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:44 am

I wouldn't have known about it if not for... get this, Viz. The title page for chapter 65 has a message from Toriyama (and a disgruntled White) apologizing for having made that mistake, which Viz translated. Granted, they made it sound like he was just talking about Viz fixing it ("Luckily it was fixed for the American version"), so I assumed it was still present in the Japanese version, but Hujio informed me that wasn't the case. And now the Kanzenban has removed all reference to it, as they presented that same title page minus the message from Toriyama.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:33 pm

I`ve fully watched video without any problems, in Polish manga, Dr. Gero creations made from human were also called cyborgs/artifical humans, and they were called Seventeen and Eighteen, i think the whole confusion with android/cyborg came from The Terminator movie, where Reese called machine a cyborg, despite it being fully artificial, too bad, that after 23th Budokai, we won`t see anymore such mystical creatures like Buyon, or humanoid animals.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

matt0044
Advanced Regular

Post by matt0044 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:26 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:I wouldn't have known about it if not for... get this, Viz. The title page for chapter 65 has a message from Toriyama (and a disgruntled White) apologizing for having made that mistake, which Viz translated. Granted, they made it sound like he was just talking about Viz fixing it ("Luckily it was fixed for the American version"), so I assumed it was still present in the Japanese version, but Hujio informed me that wasn't the case. And now the Kanzenban has removed all reference to it, as they presented that same title page minus the message from Toriyama.
Well, Viz didn't translate the Kanzenban, did they?

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:29 pm

Well, no, they didn't, but I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean by pointing that out.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:17 am

I've always thought that the "Pai Pai" part of Tao's could also be a pun on breasts since if I remember correctly 'pai pai" is slang for "opai" (breasts).

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:34 pm

ringworm128 wrote:I've always thought that the "Pai Pai" part of Tao's could also be a pun on breasts since if I remember correctly 'pai pai" is slang for "opai" (breasts).
I think it comes from the word for 'white' somehow or another actually. I seem to recall Herms telling me that Taopaipai's name pun was 'Peach White White' basically, when it came up in another thread of mine a while back. Good thinking though, I never thought of that, and it's certainly legit with the kind of humor Toriyama favors. :lol:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:32 pm

¨I am Peach Boobies, the worlds greatest assassin!¨

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:49 pm

ringworm128 wrote:¨I am Peach Boobies, the worlds greatest assassin!¨
For a sec, I thought you were referring to Princess Peach's breasts. :lol:
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:11 pm

ringworm128 wrote:I've always thought that the "Pai Pai" part of Tao's could also be a pun on breasts since if I remember correctly 'pai pai" is slang for "opai" (breasts).
Well, his name is written 桃白白, the characters for "peach white white" (the reading used is Chinese; in Japanese these would normally be read as "Tou Haku Haku"). "Pai-pai" as in "breast" is written in kana rather than kanji, but I guess Toriyama could have had that in mind as a double meaning. His explanation of the name in DB Forever's name pun guide just says this though:
“I wanted to use a name that would be a complete reversal of his image, a cute Chinese name, so I used this. I don’t even know if this name works as an actual Chinese name.”
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:34 pm

Haha, I have to thank you again, Herms. The other day I was just thinking about what I'd talk about when I got to Tao Pai Pai, and it occurred to me that the kanji was probably the Chinese reading, but I wasn't sure and was going to ask you about it. But you beat me to it! :lol:

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 5/19/13

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sun May 19, 2013 6:04 pm

Crap! I have a double post. Quick! No one notice! This is justifiable, right?

DBD: The Red Ribbon Army Arc Part 4!

Muscle Tower gets left behind. In its place is the Western Metropolis! And hijinks! And... Dragon Ball AF?!

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sun May 19, 2013 7:26 pm

What a great surprise when I found this on my subscription feed! Great work as usual! :)
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun May 19, 2013 7:43 pm

Great work as usual bro! :D

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun May 19, 2013 9:33 pm

These are always so much fun. Even though it's information I already know there's nothing like here a smart, passionate, witty fan talk into mein ears.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 7/13/13

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:10 pm

DBD: The Red Ribbon Army Arc Part 5!

Yarrrgh! Pirate treasure and Blooma's panties dominate this section of Dragon Ball Dissection. Will General Blue get over his fear of mice? And will Lunch ever get to do anything useful? You may be as surprised as I am!

As always, let me know what you think and feel free to add corrections, complaints, and suggestions for the future!

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:46 pm

Great episode. Did I ever tell you this series is awesome? BECAUSE IT IS.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:44 pm

Bah, I really do wish to I had asked you to poke at the gang-bang and FamiCom scene. It seems like one of the richest area in the arc.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:52 pm

Gang-bang and FamiCom scene?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:48 pm

Fizzer wrote:Gang-bang and FamiCom scene?
Blooma asks the Red Ribbon Army soldiers if they the 'fun' thing they want to do with her is play the FamiCom. Obviously what they want is to have sex with her. Blooma eventually runs and the soldiers chase after her. Not exactly subtle on Toriyama's part.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:29 pm

Very informative like always, i had no idea, that some fans didn`t like that Goku got so much attention so early in story.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015