Is SSj only 4x base later on?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: Is SSj only 4x base later on?

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:11 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
TheMightyOzaru wrote:KK, if it's simply an opinion I can dig it. Do you even know how big the outer edges of our Solar System are though? DBZ characters haven't shown anything even close to covering 1/1,000 of our Solar System. It's much easier and much more sensible to assume Cell blows up the sun technically causing a Solar collapse.
Maybe so, but we don't know what or how Toriyama thinks. He could have written that as literal or a hyperbole.
Maybe the planets were aligned. He could have just shot a Kamehameha through all of them :lol:
Or maybe his power shoots through the roof when the planets are aligned :lol:
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Draken
Banned

Post by Draken » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:19 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
Draken wrote:When did I ever claim it was fact? When did I ever say Gohan lost half his ki was a fact? I'm putting out my viewpoint. I even stated on the first page "because for some people... because Gohan said..." as an obvious opinion. What's wrong with him destroying the solar system? Obviously characters can expand or control their ki at will. Yea, I guess he did.

Also what GmGoken said, or then SSJ2 being eight times base and SSJ3 being 32x base... Goku at that point might as well try to train his body for higher levels of kaioken with the same draining result as SSJ3 and a stronger power than SSJ2 lol.
Wait I'm confuse on what you're saying. Sorry but can you make it more simple?
I'm saying if SSJ was only 4x base then SSJ2 would only be eight times base and SSJ3 32x base. Which at that point, for SSJ and SSJ2, would be weaker than KKx20 that Goku could handle back on Namek. At that point he might as well try to train his body to handle higher levels of KK to top x32 base. It'd drain him as much as SSJ3, but meh they both suck anyways.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:23 pm

I know this is a bad answer but maybe SSJ and many other power boost are as strong as Mr. Toriyama want them to be for the period of time. One moment Goku ssj form might be 50x but in another moment maybe Mr. Toriyama thinks..."I don't want to make Goku kill him to fast so let's make SSJ 25x". The example is from Freeza fight and Yakon's fight. I think the multiple for SSJ changes with every fight depending on Mr. Toriyama's decision. For example for Goku showing off his FPSSJ the form could easily be 50x just so the other cast members can shit themselves. While Gohan thinking his father is not really showing off SSJ might be 55x. The mood the character is in also a factor as well.
Last edited by TheGmGoken on Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:06 pm

Ketchup_Revenge wrote:Vegeta said that "(Saiyans) can't be reduced to numbers"
He also said that a Saiyan is ten times stronger as an Oozaru, so I don't think he has a fundamental problem with multipliers. I think he meant it more along the lines of not being able to predict the outcome of a fight or how much stronger a Saiyan can become using numbers alone.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:43 pm

Vegeta merely said that because power levels fluctuate. That's why power levels were dropped in the first place.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Vertical
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vertical » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:26 am

Ketchup_Revenge wrote:SSj and FPSSj are often used interchangeably, and aren't actually considered in-universe as different forms. As far as Goku seems to refer to it as, they are the same thing.
Ketchup_Revenge wrote:So...
SSj= 4x base
FPSSj=8x base (or 2x SSj)
Wait... what?

I agree that 50x is excessive and is [depending on your interpretation of certain events/statements] contradicted later in the series.

I do not agree with FPSSJ being any different in power to SSJ.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:05 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
TheMightyOzaru wrote:KK, if it's simply an opinion I can dig it. Do you even know how big the outer edges of our Solar System are though? DBZ characters haven't shown anything even close to covering 1/1,000 of our Solar System. It's much easier and much more sensible to assume Cell blows up the sun technically causing a Solar collapse.
Maybe so, but we don't know what or how Toriyama thinks. He could have written that as literal or a hyperbole.
Maybe the planets were aligned. He could have just shot a Kamehameha through all of them :lol:
1. The planets never align so perfectly.
2. Even if they did, in the time it takes for the Kamehameha to travel, the planets would move out of the alignment.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:08 pm

Rocketman wrote: 1. The planets never align so perfectly.
2. Even if they did, in the time it takes for the Kamehameha to travel, the planets would move out of the alignment.
True enough. Still, Goku could manipulate his Kamehameha. Maybe Cell could do the same and have it track the planets down or something. It would take forever, but it's not like he has anything better to do :lol:
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Draken
Banned

Post by Draken » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:06 pm

They get pretty close to aligned. It's only somewhat, but as we obviously know they can control their ki, Cell might have been able to expand it. Or direct it. Lol. Not necessarily... if they can reach the moon in less than a second or the sun in like less than 5 seconds it's obviously MFTL, maybe Cell with his "perfect" brain could have timed it perfectly loool.