Episode #0026 (14 May 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0026 (14 May 2006)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun May 14, 2006 10:28 pm

Episode #0026 (download MP3)
61:56; 64 kbps, mono; 28.3 MB

Episode #0026! VegettoEX, Julian, and Meri each pick two of their favorite mystical items from the series for discussion. Items from "Journey To The West", a rice cooker, magical beans, and more! DBZ ABCs, Top 5 List of characters we wish we saw fight, e-mails, and a DVD giveaway round out the epiosde! Referenced sites: Whee! Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the monumental *twenty-six* episodes, now.

That's right, the contest ends this episode! We've given away a free DVD (Mystical Adventure), semi-thanks to Tanooki Kuribo once more :D. Did you win...?!?

A fun episode, once again. Apologies on the delay, but hey... when it's Mother's Day and your web host is down, you know where your alliances can be found!

w0rd.
Last edited by VegettoEX on Sun May 21, 2006 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

MisterFlashdude
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisterFlashdude » Sun May 14, 2006 10:51 pm

How does Son Gohan get the Nyoibo, you ask? I can't be absolutely sure if this applies to the original Japanese release... But the following is taken from the Viz Manga; Dragonball Vol.14

Karin- In it's origin, the Nyoi-bo was a staff that connected this world and the sanctuary. A very long time ago, that Muten-Roshi rascal kept pestering me for it, and since I thought no one worthy to visit the sanctuary would ever show up, I finally gave in and lent it to him.
Son Goku- Wow.. and then it got passed on to my dead grampa.. and then I got it.. I always thought it was a weapon, not a.. HUH?!

At which point Goku realizes he's lost his nyoi-bo but that's not important to this discussion.
Moving on...

Marketed Senzu Beans?! Maybe if they were like... senzu JELLY beans...

VegettoEX is definetly not alone in wishing to see Neko Majin Z in Sparking! NEO. I doubt he'll be in Budokai Tenkaichi 2, though... Maybe I should get myself a Japanese PS2!

That was an excellent episode! A little disturbed that Meri crapped her pants... I was less concerned for VegettoEX, because we all know Mike doesn't wear pants for the Podcast...
Last edited by MisterFlashdude on Tue May 16, 2006 3:28 am, edited 12 times in total.

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Sun May 14, 2006 11:06 pm

(Listens to comment on the Gamespot E3 Super DBZ & Sparking! NEO Demonstration) THANK YOU!!!! FINALLY!!!! Someone actually AGREES with me, when I say that guy on the far left of the couch didn't know shit. If your gonna talk about the series at least do some research before you go on, so you won't like a total ass towards DragonBall fans. He's even worse than the guys at FUNimation sheesh... :?

Anyways, good job on the podcast so far :D .
Last edited by Sebastian (SB) on Sun May 14, 2006 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Sun May 14, 2006 11:12 pm

*In the middle of listening*

SOGEKING SONG FOR THE WIN.

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Mon May 15, 2006 12:05 am

I liked the beginning where everything was "tuned down," completely different from last week. I thought, "Oh geez, this is the response to all the comments on the rowdy podcast last week," and I thought the "I'm so bored!" line was just hilarious. :D It reminded me of the first ever podcast you guys did, when you didn't know quite what you were doing yet. (Don't worry, you've all improved so much! :lol: )

Pretty good, although I didn't enjoy the items topic this week. Though I'm sure many will enjoy it, it's just not my pot of tea.

I love the emails section of the podcast, even though my email is never chosen. :cry: But I shall keep trying! :) (I will cry if I win a prize instead of getting my email read. I'd much rather get my email read and responded to on the show! :D )

Oh yeah, I just realized when I went to the AnimeNEXT site: That's the con my friend was trying to get me to go to! And here I thought it wasn't important, because I've never heard of it before. :oops: (*has never been to a con in her life*)
Last edited by veshira on Mon May 15, 2006 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Mon May 15, 2006 12:09 am

Loved this one! Thanks for a really nice comments on my question too! Though this might sound weird, I think I ended up laughing the most from the part in the beginning XD;

Also, since you were asking at the end, I'm gonna be going to AnimeNEXT (I'm not sure if it will be for all 3 days though) and am DEFINETELY going to Otakon, unless the last part was only implying your AMV will be shown there.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon May 15, 2006 12:32 am

I just litened to "I can't take it any more!"

I was actually rather interested. :(

More comments later...

-edit-
Just writeing down some stuff as I'm listening...

" 'Cheerleaders', 'hard', 'screwed', and 'touched'... that's perfect... I may have to kick you out of the room for a little bit."

Did the senzu give you "10 days of energy as if from food"? Not that I've seen DragonBall lately, but I remeber vividly that the King Yemma's holy fruit did that (which Goku ate right before he returned from Hell).

"Oh I remember that, I was an Oni and you and I were naked..." "What?!" "Someone was naked! I don't know!" "I disagree." :lol:

I'd like to ask y'all if I could get an image of that rice-cooker. I've never seen it, and would really like to :D

Also, could I get that 'Learn Japanese' site address?

Hey, it's Issac - that crazy kid!

And Meri is chou gangster now, apparently. :P

And Mike is Mario, or communist, or something...

The Mole
Beyond Newbie

Post by The Mole » Mon May 15, 2006 2:43 am

desirecampbell wrote:Hey, it's Issac - that crazy kid!
:oops: Yes, I am a crazy kid.

And at the end of my audio e-mail I put a computer voice saying, "Long live the unicorn!" Too bad it didn't survive to see the general public.

I will have to spend the next few days thinking, but I might have something for an audio e-mail...maybe.
Even I became a loser when I made one of these...
http://www.myspace.com/randomvideosw00t

Goten88gt

Post by Goten88gt » Mon May 15, 2006 3:11 am

Another fun filled episode, I loved the beginning. :D It was like an ordinary radio talk show, then when Mike says,"I'm bored!" :D wet my pants funny. :D :D

Thanks guys for answering my email, and this time Meri got to answer mine. I'm curious did she answer mine because of the Budokai joke I wrote out? Anyways, yeah hopefully they do the language options like in BT and Budokai 3.

This whole episode was hilarious, with Julian singing, Meri saying, "Trunks is the best mother fucker", and Mike....umm...just being Mike!! :D :D

I will never give up, I will someday win the DaizenshuuEX contest prize giveaway!!!!!

Meri is a stalker? :shock:
Japanese: イタズラ好きな 君が 夢を競う ライバルになるのさ

Romanized: Itazura-zuki na kimi ga Yume o kisou raibaru ni naru no sa

English: You, who love mischief, Will become a rival competing for your dream!

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon May 15, 2006 1:26 pm

Hey, found an error in merry's list at daizex's:
Tapion and Kaio-sama got changed in the list.
(Kaio is 4 on the web, and 3 in the podcast)

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Mon May 15, 2006 11:30 pm

Why is #26 called #25?

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Tue May 16, 2006 12:36 am

linkdude20002001 wrote:Why is #26 called #25?
Because although the podcasters are happy their baby is going up, the podcast wishes to stay young forever. :P
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Tue May 16, 2006 6:05 am

Man, you guys! Today, you made me look like a goof. :oops:

No, seriously.

I was on the bus, listenin' to the podcast (with my hair concealing the headphones), when you were talking like government representatives. I laughed (a 15 second fit), then everyone looked at me. Great, now they think I'm a freak. Just great. STOP MAKING IT SO FUNNY! Dinosaurs paying tax?! Imagine what impression you've made on first listeners.

Now, you can't say you didn't rehearse that! I knew you rehearsed!

Best. Podcast. Ever (and I haven't even listened all the way through yet). I award you with the "Funniest Podcast In The World" trophy!

EDIT: Oh, so you purchased that cheer-leading game in the end. How... Sad. :lol:

EDIT 2: VeggetoEX, you got ripped off. The sellers of Taiketsu are probably laughing their heads off right now.
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

Great Saiyaman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Great Saiyaman » Tue May 16, 2006 5:16 pm

Great Podcast as always....oh EX I just wanted to let you know, Kami was not sucked into the Rice Cooker, it was just a bottle with the Demon Seal on it.
[b]Vegito:[/b] What do you call a Goku & a Vegeta? Gogeta sounds nice.
[b]Toriyama:[/b] *wak*

[i]"I wanna go to Filler Hell when I die."-Me[/i]

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue May 16, 2006 6:33 pm

Don't know if anyone read my mis-mash post from yesterday, but I'm wondering if anyone could show me a scan or screencap of that demon-steaming-ricecooker.

pwease?

Great Saiyaman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Great Saiyaman » Tue May 16, 2006 7:58 pm

desirecampbell wrote:Don't know if anyone read my mis-mash post from yesterday, but I'm wondering if anyone could show me a scan or screencap of that demon-steaming-ricecooker.

pwease?
Click Here
[b]Vegito:[/b] What do you call a Goku & a Vegeta? Gogeta sounds nice.
[b]Toriyama:[/b] *wak*

[i]"I wanna go to Filler Hell when I die."-Me[/i]

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue May 16, 2006 8:41 pm

Great Saiyaman wrote:
desirecampbell wrote:Don't know if anyone read my mis-mash post from yesterday, but I'm wondering if anyone could show me a scan or screencap of that demon-steaming-ricecooker.

pwease?
Click Here
Sweet, new ricecooker = new avatar :D

Last edited by desirecampbell on Tue May 16, 2006 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Tue May 16, 2006 9:45 pm

Eh, I wasn't exactly fazed by this episode, but as long as there's a contest for me to lose, then I will continue to listen!
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Wed May 17, 2006 10:02 pm

Did you say Arale wasn't a playable character in Jump Superstars? I was thinking that there were a couple Dr. Slump people in there.

Of course, my copy is just collecting dust, and my memory can't be trusted. If the game had Wifi, on the other hand... I might still be playing with it.

Say... would the Wifi connection even work, if you were to import a Japanese-only DS game? Something to think about.

Ash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ash » Thu May 18, 2006 3:12 am

Both Dr. Mashirito and Arale are playable characters in JSS, with Senbei as a Help koma.

WiFi works even for JP-only games, importers have been playing Bleach DS for a while online now ;)
[i]"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth"[/i] - The Lamp of God, Ellery Queen