Sean Schemmel confirms Buu Saga dubbing in interview

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: Sean Schemmel confirms Buu Saga dubbing in interview

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:05 pm

ABED wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Nicktoons isn't too bad. I'm more concerned with the OST and how the actors will handle the saga.
I assume they'll handle it like the rest of Kai.
Kei17 said we were getting a new score and I really hope it's good.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:41 am

I think the composer was revealed, anyone know who?
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Blu-ray_Mistress
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Blu-ray_Mistress » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:56 pm

Really? A new composer? :shock: I wonder why they are not planning to use Kikuchi again? I thought that they would for sure stick with him after what happened w/ Yamamoto. All the same, I am looking forward to seeing what this new composer brings to the table.
Last edited by Blu-ray_Mistress on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:33 pm

Blu-ray_Mistress wrote:Really? A new composer? :shock: I wonder why they are planning to use Kikuchi again? I thought that they would for sure stick with him after what happened w/ Yamamoto. All the same, I am looking forward to seeing what this new composer brings to the table.
I was surprised too. Between the fact that this won't even air in Japan, that apparently FUNimation is partly responsible for funding it, and that the "Dragon Ball" franchise has always been a cash-cow franchise for Toei whose primary goal was to make money, I figured that they wouldn't put any money into a new score. I figured they were looking at it purely in terms of numbers and would see a new score as an unnecessary expense.

Although I vaguely recall someone saying that Schemmel and Sabat said at a con that they heard the new music (probably through listening to the "preview clips" that the voice actors are played of the original Japanese version before they record their lines) and thought it was pretty bad. Don't quote me on that though, that's just a vague recollection. At best. And of what I heard someone else say that someone else said.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:22 pm

Wasn't the last bit what Schemmel said about the Ocean Dub's replacement score music?
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:31 pm

Gonstead wrote:Wasn't the last bit what Schemmel said about the Ocean Dub's replacement score music?
Yes, he said this before Penguintruth scared him off the internet for a few months. Hell, I think he said it even before Kai went to air in the US. Good times, good times...
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:38 am

Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:41 am

Blu-ray_Mistress wrote:Really? A new composer? :shock: I wonder why they are planning to use Kikuchi again? I thought that they would for sure stick with him after what happened w/ Yamamoto. All the same, I am looking forward to seeing what this new composer brings to the table.
Did you mean to write why they're not planning...?

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:15 pm

Well, he's less confirm-y here, but it's still good to hear about the Buu Saga of Kai (after a long bit about not knowing anything about Battle of Gods, lol).
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:36 am

I really with people on this forum would stop posting "Just links" as posts and give some kind of description...

Poor Schemmel, though. He's probably bombarded with questions all the time. I can imagine his reaction when BoG was first announced for Japan. The guy probably had to close his email/facebook :lol:
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:55 am

Big Momma wrote:

I really with people on this forum would stop posting "Just links" as posts and give some kind of description...

Poor Schemmel, though. He's probably bombarded with questions all the time. I can imagine his reaction when BoG was first announced for Japan. The guy probably had to close his email/facebook :lol:
I assumed the link would provide enough description on its own. I have asked Schemmel a few questions about BoG related material such as how he'd do his voice for SSJG as we got a sample in a Battle of Z trailer. Ill post his replies (should he reply) on here for everyone to see.

Blu-ray_Mistress
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Blu-ray_Mistress » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:08 pm

sangofe wrote:
Did you mean to write why they're not planning...?
Yes, that was what I meant. Sorry, I type fast and sometimes my sentences come out all screwed up. :oops:

Kakarot88
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakarot88 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:59 pm

ostensibly it is becuase they did not want to use Kikuchi to begin with :think:
"You might think you know everything there is to know about me, but really, you're not even CLOSE."

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." ~ Sir Winston Chruchill / Dragon Ball Z in a nutshell

How I enjoy the anime:

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:11 pm

So what is Funi waiting for? Why aren't they announcing Buu Kai?

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:30 am

It'll probably be announced early next year, by the spring I would guess. They probably want to have a home release planned out before the TV broadcast starts.
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:54 am

Jackal puFF wrote:So what is Funi waiting for? Why aren't they announcing Buu Kai?
"So what is Funi waiting for? Why aren't they announcing [insert title you're not supposed to know about here]?"

They're focusing on the shit Blu-rays. The dubbing for the show isn't completed yet, most likely on both sides of the ocean. There are so many reasons they are waiting.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sin » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:37 pm

B wrote: They're focusing on the shit Blu-rays. The dubbing for the show isn't completed yet, most likely on both sides of the ocean. There are so many reasons they are waiting.
Could we see a possible promo for Buu Kai on the Blu-Rays? Does Funi even do that kind of advertising anymore?

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamesOwnz » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:11 am

Didn't they announced Buu Kai saga last year?

Taking their sweet time.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:22 am

There's been no official announcement so we have no idea.
We know the Japanese cast are still recording so who knows where the English cast are at right now.
I guess we'll hear something in the new year.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

matt0044
Advanced Regular

Post by matt0044 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:34 am

So what fillers will they likely cut and keep?