What would Budokai 4 be like?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

goku 333
Not-So-Newbie

What would Budokai 4 be like?

Post by goku 333 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:53 pm

I have been doing a lot of thinking about Budokai 4 and what it would be like if it is released? Will it be a newer shinier version of Budokai 3 with next gen graphics or will it be something completely new? So I am wondering what you people think about it? :?
Last edited by goku 333 on Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BrollysKin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrollysKin » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:54 pm

BUDOKAI not BUDOKI
Like Star Wars? Like Podcasts?
Check out the Star Wars Action News Forums: www.swactionnews.com

goku 333
Not-So-Newbie

Post by goku 333 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:01 pm

Thx and sorry I'm new and this is my first time

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:04 pm

goku 333 wrote:Thx and sorry I'm new and this is my first time
Explain? Your new and... what is your first time?

BrollysKin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrollysKin » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:09 pm

THANKS not THX
Like Star Wars? Like Podcasts?
Check out the Star Wars Action News Forums: www.swactionnews.com

_Jrinu_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by _Jrinu_ » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:38 pm

You gotta be careful around here dude. Grammer rules are quite strict.

I suggest you read The Rules

I know it may seem strict, but it's for the best. It really makes this one of the best forums out there.
There is no better combination in the world than Dragonball, Cherry Pepsi, and Cheez-Its. It's a proven fact.
The Super Saiya-jin Bobba Fetts: Gym Class Badminton Champions 2006!!
Wii Friend Code: 1134 6268 9135 3724/ Xbox live gamertag: Jrinu
Jump Ultimate Stars Code: 2534 9452 9303

Orochi_Rockman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Orochi_Rockman » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:04 pm

HOPEFULLY.

It will be something like Shin Budokai, except more fleshed out and detailed.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:04 pm

I haven't played Shin Budokai yet, but like most series I would like to see Budokai 4 a much more polished version of Budokai 3, with more characters, fighting styles, graphics, etc.

I'd like to see the "Saiyan-Overdrive" system replaced with something not quite so random, but not a button masher either. Yeah I'm hard to please. :roll:

And how about an actual story mode which isn't a bad rehash of the series, where you play random battles with little to no backstory and explination.

tapiondaimou

Post by tapiondaimou » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:53 pm

I reckon that it should be a much more detailed version of budokai 3; perhaps starting from dragon ball through the whole of GT, instead of a small reference. Also there should be more storeys (mirai trunk’s story for example!!!)

ChaotixXero
Beyond Newbie

Post by ChaotixXero » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:12 am

They should put in the stroy from The beginning of the DB saga till the end of Ii Shenlong(It's Ii right?). They should put in the Bardock/Trunks specials and more characters.

NECPS
Beyond Newbie

Post by NECPS » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:21 pm

It would be like B3, of course!
Except it would present all of those warriors from Sparking 2 (but with all the costumes from the series, and you should include those costumes from super dragonballz). It would have stores spots over the world, training spots with many small characters, and you would be able to use any warrior from your database to level up. There would be character spot where you would land and talk anytime you want. Some side stories to get special capsules..
The Transformation capsules would be used without using lower transformations first (like.. supersaiyajin 3 without ssj1, ssj2 and kaioken).. The fights would take more time because normal attacks would take less damage.. It would offer two sceneries for the fight, where you could shot your enemy away like B2, besides the third scenery, when you use super power attacks.
This is pretty much everything for me.

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:56 am

ChaotixXero wrote:They should put in the stroy from The beginning of the DB saga till the end of Ii Shenlong(It's Ii right?). They should put in the Bardock/Trunks specials and more characters.
Do you mean from the Son Gokuh saga to when Yi Xing Long dies? I havn't seen much DBGT yet, but isn't that the end of DBGT? I would be cool to play as characters from all three series'.

ChaotixXero
Beyond Newbie

Post by ChaotixXero » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:56 am

Well, the very end is the fight between Goku jr. and Vegeta jr. I just said that incase they don't make it into the game.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:54 pm

I hope its like Budokai 1, but with worse graphics, more yelling, and the move will be harder to pull off.

Sarcasm.....
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

chibi_goten
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Yo

Post by chibi_goten » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:09 pm

The new Budokai would be excellent if it had the fighting structure of Tenkaichi em Sparkling. Although I prefer the previous style of 1,2,and 3.

If they made the stages bigger and had more unique items to blow up.

If they created the characters so everyone would be different and more unique, as at the moment it is basically the same techniques and Ki moves for everyone.

If you could transform during battles like the previous games.

If they had a story mode involved for single player, like the Legacy of Goku series.

If they added more characters, and stop saying that a transformed version of a character is infact a different character, that really annoyed me!

Have alternative storys, like Super Sonic Warriors.

Just saying, I don't know If I'm wrong here but wouldn't this game be Budokai 5 or 6 if we include the PSP game?
- Scott