How did you decide/get your avatar?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: How did you decide/get your avatar?

Post by Big Momma » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:41 am

Thanks for the answers Godo, GM, and Jacob. With Christmas Break coming up, I'll hopefully have some time to dive into the series. :D
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

shreddinghead
Not-So-Newbie

Post by shreddinghead » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:26 am

Because i think Toriyama is a very talented manga artist/writer/creator.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:49 am

As much as I liked my Kubo drawn Piccolo avatar, I decided to switch back to my favourite. Partially because I realized that between Insertclevername, dbzfan7 and I, we filled out Gohan's major boo arc outfits with our avatars. :P We are the Teen Gohan Triumvirate, here us roar.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:11 am

Well I wanted something a little brighter than my last avatar and I've been in a Yu Gi Oh mood lately and B/DMG is one of my favorite duel monsters. So yeah.

Weejus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Weejus » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:23 pm

I was making a DBZ-themed PS3 theme and for each category I was using sprites taken from Attack of the Saiyans' cutscenes. Once the theme was finished, the sprites were just lying around so I put Goku's nimbus cloud sprite to good use and made it my avatar. Fun fact: my Official Nintendo Magazine avatar is Vegetto's portrait from Hyper Dimension, albeit cropped due to ONM's pathetic max file size (100x80, I think).

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:10 pm

I've once again changed my Youtube account picture. So I change this one to that.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:20 am

Big Momma wrote:Wario gave me this brand-spankin new, 21st centry, HD, Blu-Ray, 1080p, Level Set Dragon Box version of my avatar. It's awesome and I love it! :D
Not to kill your hype, but it's actually Orange Brick footage. :lol:

Just so I'm not shunned from the community, I used it because the higher contrast and noise reduction usually helps keep the GIF file sizes down, and it saves me the trouble of doing that to the Dragon Box footage. :P
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:16 pm

It's ssjg Goku cosplaying Engage Mode Cure Heart from Toei's DokiDoki Precure movie. :3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Beyond Newbie

Post by ThePrinceOfSaiyans » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:04 pm

I have always been found of the gif of Vegeta standing in the rain, I usually use the one from the anime, but have this one instead for this website. :)

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:28 pm

I've been replaying MGS4 and Laughing Octopus is my favorite B&B Corps member.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:37 am

Metalwario64 wrote:So, I've went back to the rotating avatar format, this time with animations (and later probably stills) from the various Mario cartoons. Right now they mostly consist of Fire/Super/Invincible Mario and Luigi. More will be added later (though I'm not clogging this thread every time I add a new image. :P).

I'm enjoying these. :D

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:03 pm

Felt like an avatar update again, and rather than switching to something else that I've made from a Scarz artwork (I'll save that one for later) and use her art twice in a row...I decided to go with this one, which I thought was kinda cute and amusing.

I cropped it from this larger picture here that I'll leave as a link partially because it's fairly large for this particular thread, and partially because it's a teensy bit fanservicey. Nothing too bad, but you have still been forewarned.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Saiga wrote:As much as I liked my Kubo drawn Piccolo avatar, I decided to switch back to my favourite. Partially because I realized that between Insertclevername, dbzfan7 and I, we filled out Gohan's major boo arc outfits with our avatars. :P We are the Teen Gohan Triumvirate, here us roar.
*roar!*
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:39 pm

I felt like changing mine but keeping it familiar. You guys still know who it is?
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:06 pm

Attitudefan wrote:I felt like changing mine but keeping it familiar. You guys still know who it is?
I don't know since the site your avatar is from won't allow us to see it. :P

As for my avatar, I decided to switch it to the Christmas avatar that I've been using since 2010. I created this avatar by slightly editing an image of Santa Gohan that someone had uploaded to Photobucket. I don't think the image is on there anymore.
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:14 pm

Shiyonasan wrote:
Attitudefan wrote:I felt like changing mine but keeping it familiar. You guys still know who it is?
I don't know since the site your avatar is from won't allow us to see it. :P
Seriously?? Dang.

I will figure this out.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:21 pm

It's working now, Attitudefan! You can never get enough Shawn Michaels. :)

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:23 pm

Shiyonasan wrote:It's working now, Attitudefan! You can never get enough Shawn Michaels. :)
Toooo Sweeeeeeet!!!

Great! I'm glad ya like it!

Yup, dude is seriously a bad mofo! Grew up watching him back in the day. Good memories.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:32 pm

Attitudefan wrote:
Shiyonasan wrote:It's working now, Attitudefan! You can never get enough Shawn Michaels. :)
Toooo Sweeeeeeet!!!

Great! I'm glad ya like it!

Yup, dude is seriously a bad mofo! Grew up watching him back in the day. Good memories.
I think I'm cute. I'm know I'm sexy! I got the looks to drive the girls wild!

Gogeta 00
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gogeta 00 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:45 pm

After 5 years it just felt like it was time for a change. I wanted to stick to Gogeta to match my name sake.

Also, Attitudefan we should chat sometime. I miss the attitude era so much. Thank god for all of the awesome DVD releases which allow us to easily relive it!
[url=http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=9403] 12 years, 100 memories[/url]
[Former dub fan 1996-2008]