Dragonball Kai possible new animation?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

samuraix123
I Live Here

Dragonball Kai possible new animation?

Post by samuraix123 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:14 pm

Hello everyone!
If this is the wrong place to put this topic I apologize.
I think I may already know the answer to this question. but what's the chances Toei will use animation that's like the intro's for Kai in their Boo saga release? slim to none? also will the other world tournament be included in Kai? I love that tournament! :D
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Re: Dragonball Kai possible new animation?

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:56 pm

samuraix123 wrote:Hello everyone!
If this is the wrong place to put this topic I apologize.
I think I may already know the answer to this question. but what's the chances Toei will use animation that's like the intro's for Kai in their Boo saga release? slim to none? also will the other world tournament be included in Kai? I love that tournament! :D
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=16 :wink:
You can't miss it.

I think it's pretty likely, I mean, what else would they use?

As for the After-Life Tournament. I assume they wouldn't include it, but then again, we had the montage at the end of episode 98; which many speculated was just to show the kiddies that Goku was off meeting more strong guys.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:06 am

Sorry about that. I just figured since we were talking about the animation aspect of it, it'd be cool. :P But! I do hope the other world tournament is included. I think it's filler? but the Bardock thing was filler too and it made it into the first episode :P I'm kinda 50/50 on them animating the boo saga like the intro's they use.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:29 am

Except that Bardock and his special (Not counting EoB) are generally still part of the story.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:37 am

They've definitely had the time to come up with a whole new intro. Best case scenario the entire thing is brand new the way "We Gotta Power" was to "Head Cha La". (Probably a new song too.)

Worst case scenario they splice one or two shots of Buu era stuff into the "Dragon Soul" opening like they did for the Cell arc.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:18 am

Of course there will be new animation.

In the opening and closing credits. And the eyecatches.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:32 am

The After-Life Tournament saga was a filler, so I doubt we will see it. We didn't see the Garlic Jr saga in Kai after all.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:04 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:The After-Life Tournament saga was a filler, so I doubt we will see it. We didn't see the Garlic Jr saga in Kai after all.
Ehh..maybe. I mean Grand Kai is mentioned in the manga and was suggested to be put into the manga by Toriyama himself. Maybe he wanted to put Grand Kai in and forgot so used the anime to fix that. I wouldend mind the saga at all provided they remove the bits regarding hell and it should have no issue fitting in. Also we saw footage of it in Kai EP 98.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:30 am

penguintruth wrote:Of course there will be new animation.

I kinda figured the opening and ending credits and eyecatches would have new animation, but I was just talking about the overall show :P
#1 Paikuhan fan!

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:09 pm

penguintruth wrote:Of course there will be new animation.

Exactly.

As far as new animation for Kai it has always been a few redone episode scenes and OP/EP clips. Nothing special really.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:41 pm

At this point I'd actually prefer they stick with the revamped old footage for Buu era Kai. Suddenly shifting to brand spanking new animation for all of it would make it really jarring when compared to the rest of Kai.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:50 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:At this point I'd actually prefer they stick with the revamped old footage for Buu era Kai. Suddenly shifting to brand spanking new animation for all of it would make it really jarring when compared to the rest of Kai.
As I have said many times before. They could have easily done this with Budokai intro animation. We dont need Battle of Gods/ UT cutscene animation quality.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:27 pm

Yeah, but even that would be jarring compared to the rest of Kai. I'd rather it all be as streamlined as possible.

Then again, that's already out the window with the musical score, so...
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:32 pm

I do not believe Dragon Ball Kai would be so lucky as to receive new cuts created from scratch, but I would also not see much issue should such ever have occured. Dragon Ball Kai has an unprecedented low standard set for it by Toei Animation. Adding new animation from scratch would be a step up. Even if it were just new cuts interspersed with the old Dragon Ball Z footage I would welcome it. Throwing in a sudden Shida Naotoshi or Oonishi Ryou fight scene during Gokuu versus Majin Vegeta or Ultimate Gohan versus Evil Majin Boo would be interesting.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:17 pm

This thread reminds me of the final montage in GT where Toei completely reanimated the scene where Goku meets Goten at the Budokai. I don't see something like that happening again.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure we're getting new intros/outros and eyecatches. It would make sense, but this thing is being made for foreign markets now so who knows what cost-cutting measures will be taken.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:45 pm

B wrote:This thread reminds me of the final montage in GT where Toei completely reanimated the scene where Goku meets Goten at the Budokai. I don't see something like that happening again.

You mean this?
. Didn't the GT version of that scene match the manga more with Goten being less shy in the original Z anime compared to the manga.

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamesOwnz » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:07 am

Any chance we get the redone ending Toriyama did in 2004?

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:11 pm

JamesOwnz wrote:Any chance we get the redone ending Toriyama did in 2004?
ohmygoddontdothistome
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:56 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Kanzenban ending. Now, that - that I could see them possibly animating anew at the end of the last episode, possibly minus the dialogue but going out with a song kind of like the current Kai ending does. That would be pretty enjoyable to see.
Twitter

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:03 pm

I kind of doubt we'll receive a new ending, but it would be nice if Part B of the final episode is done from scratch, maybe with fighting from Shida Naotoshi and dialogue cuts from Yamamuro Tadayoshi. Those two have been the biggest influence on the Openings and other modern animation so it'd be an appropriate way close this chapter of the franchise.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf