Anything for next year?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Anything for next year?

Post by JamesOwnz » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:22 am

Next year will be a pretty big anniversary for Dragon Ball as it will be in its 30th year.

Kind of feels like Battle of Gods was a year too early don't you think? haha.. anyways think we'll get anything big this time?

For 20th it was a new ending correct? 25th was Kai... 30th? Hopefully there will be something.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Anything for next year?

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:46 am

Hopefully Kai Buu and a uncensored physical release of the full color manga. Thats all I want.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:47 am

JamesOwnz wrote:Next year will be a pretty big anniversary for Dragon Ball as it will be in its 30th year.

Kind of feels like Battle of Gods was a year too early don't you think? haha.. anyways think we'll get anything big this time?

For 20th it was a new ending correct? 25th was Kai... 30th? Hopefully there will be something.
Dragon Ball Kai was for the 20th Anniversary of DBZ. I suppose you could say it was also the 25th anniversary of the Manga, but I'm pretty sure they specifically addressed DBZ's anniversary in all of the promotional material. I guess Dragon Ball Evolution was meant to celebrate 25 years of the Manga. :lol: Except it was actually pushed back from '08, if I remember correctly.

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:15 am

Maybe we'll finally get the Buu Arc of Kai next year.
I can even see a DB Heroes short anime or OVA happening.
One World. 🌐 🕊

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:12 am

PhoenixEX wrote:Maybe we'll finally get the Buu Arc of Kai next year.
I can even see a DB Heroes short anime or OVA happening.
I hope not. Just leave Heroes as a game and manga. If we get more movies and OVA's they need to continue off BoG, or give us a prequel showing the Saiyans original homeworld and the Super Saiyan who destroyed it. Or, give us a movie with Goku and Vegeta Jr.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:18 am

PhoenixEX wrote:I can even see a DB Heroes short anime or OVA happening.
To further promote the game, sure - but not as an anniversary tie-in. That'd be a little odd.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:37 am

I don't think we are going to get anything special. My guess we will get the Kai Buu saga and Toei will announce another movie set for 2015. A DBH anime would be nice as long if it's good. It been a long since we had a new show after all since Kai was not very new to begin with.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:54 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:A DBH anime would be nice as long if it's good.
And it definitely could be! The currently ongoing Gundam Build Fighters anime is a pretty good example of a similar sort of show, which could have been utterly awful - but is executed well enough to be rather watchable.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:28 am

Blade wrote:
To further promote the game, sure - but not as an anniversary tie-in. That'd be a little odd.
Why would that be odd? It's a part of the franchise, so what's wrong with producing something pertaining to Heroes in celebration of the 30th anniversary?
Cipher wrote:Dragon Ball is the story of a kind-hearted, excitable child who uses the power of friendship to improve those around him as he grows into a dangerous obsessive who sometimes accidentally saves the world.
She/her (I have a Twitter account now.)

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:36 am

DoomieDoomie911 wrote:
Blade wrote:
Why would that be odd? It's a part of the franchise, so what's wrong with producing something pertaining to Heroes in celebration of the 30th anniversary?
Because it's totally alien to old fans. Also, it has little to do with the original manga.

I really hope something related to Heroes won't be the only big event of the 30th anniversary. No more Super Saiyan bargain sale.
Last edited by kei17 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:38 am

Not only is it alien, it's also kinda really stupid to some of us old fans.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:40 am

Well, I guess it does make more sense to do something with the original series, rather than a spin-off.
Cipher wrote:Dragon Ball is the story of a kind-hearted, excitable child who uses the power of friendship to improve those around him as he grows into a dangerous obsessive who sometimes accidentally saves the world.
She/her (I have a Twitter account now.)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:52 pm

I can seeing a DB Heroes TV series can working for Bandai to sell more cards. DBH is already a big money maker in Japan and maybe they can try to sell it outside of Japan. They can try to make a Skylanders type of game for DBH for kids to buy more cards and it would be nice to see more merchandise sold at more mainstream stores like Toys R US or Target.
She/Her

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:28 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Hopefully Kai Buu and a uncensored physical release of the full color manga. Thats all I want.
Aren't Viz already planning to release DB(Z) in colour ?seen a few times on Amazon.

Blu-ray_Mistress
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Blu-ray_Mistress » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:30 pm

I am hoping that they release Yo! Son Goku And His Friends Return and Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans finally get an English Dub.

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamesOwnz » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:48 pm

Hmm another movie for 2015 eh? That would be cool but dunno it did seem battle of gods was a one time thing even if it surpassed TOEI's expectations... Toriyama does seem to be warming up to doing a little more with Dragon Ball lately though again.

Got to get a few more animated stuff in while Masako Nozawa is still active.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:23 pm

I am hoping for a story featuring a character other than Goku (or preferably a non-Saiyan character really).
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:40 pm

Dragon Ball Blu-rays or a full physical release of the manga in color would be most welcome. My wallet just vomited at my mention of either of those things.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:00 pm

I think Funi will likely announced that they got the rights to BOG and plan to release late 2014, or early 2015.
She/Her

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:25 pm

Seeing as my only major dissatisfaction with BOG was the low budget animation, I'd like to see another DB 2-D animated movie with the main cast ala BOG only with a much bigger--and well spent--budget along with a more theatrical color pallet (like in Strong World, or OP Film Z) that in BOG I felt was only really there during the scenes at Beerus' home and during parts of the Goku vs Beerus battles near the end.
(I don't expect the CGI battle sequences to go away even though I want them to though; I caught a glimpse of the same short-cutting in the latest Precure movie via opening animation advertisement the other day; CGI during a random part of a battle that suddenly goes away without any after thought.)

I don't feel like we'll get much of anything next year aside from re-releases of stuff though. ^^;
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!