Super Saiyan God Goku's strength compared to Beerus?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Re: Super Saiyan God Goku's strength compared to Beerus?

Post by Bullza » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:50 am

That'd be harder for me to know how it was pronounced, what is that Bur-soo? Bee-err-soo?

Frieza, Cell and Boo all had very simple universal names that worked in any language.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:53 am

Bullza wrote:That'd be harder for me to know how it was pronounced, what is that Bur-soo? Bee-err-soo?

Freeza, Cell and Boo all had very simple universal names that worked in any language.
This call him Beer. Or Birus (Virus with a B). Are we're really going to "debate" on his Name on a SSG vs Birsu topic?

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:07 pm

If his name was Virus with a B then that doesn't sound anything like the Beer that his name is supposed to be a pun of.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:44 pm

Bullza wrote:If his name was Virus with a B then that doesn't sound anything like the Beer that his name is supposed to be a pun of.
Neither does Bills. The name that you wanted. Beerus or Birusu would work. His pun is off of Beer. So call him Beerus. Earlier his name was a pun of Virus. So call him Birus. Just not Bills. That's an ugly name for a DBZ character anyways.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:31 pm

Seeing as Toriyama had Beerus at a 10 and SSJG Goku at..was it 6?

If my guess is right, we know Beerus was at 70% and Goku was at 80%. Using Toriyama's new ranking, id say 100% Beerus would be a 13 or 14 and 100% SSJG Goku would be a 9 or 10.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:35 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Seeing as Toriyama had Beerus at a 10 and SSJG Goku at..was it 6?

If my guess is right, we know Beerus was at 70% and Goku was at 80%. Using Toriyama's new ranking, id say 100% Beerus would be a 13 or 14 and 100% SSJG Goku would be a 9 or 10.
I'm pretty sure Toriyama was talking about Beerus & SSG Goku's full power when he gave them 10 and 6 respectively.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:53 pm

hleV wrote:I'm pretty sure Toriyama was talking about Beerus & SSG Goku's full power when he gave them 10 and 6 respectively.
Yeah, that's how it seems to be. When all was said and done, Goku at full force was said to have put up a good fight against 70% of Beers power. So Beers' full power is a 10, but he fought around 7 against Goku, who maxed out at 6.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:36 pm

Bullza wrote:I like how it fits a pun but it'd sound better if it was just Beers. Beerus just doesn't roll off the tongue well, is it pronounced Beer-rus? or Beer-Us? Either way it sounds too asian sounding and lacks the punch. Freeza is a good name but Beerus isn't.
An Asian sounding name in an Asian cartoon? What is the world coming to?

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:52 pm

ringworm128 wrote:
Bullza wrote:I like how it fits a pun but it'd sound better if it was just Beers. Beerus just doesn't roll off the tongue well, is it pronounced Beer-rus? or Beer-Us? Either way it sounds too asian sounding and lacks the punch. Freeza is a good name but Beerus isn't.
Piccolo, Frieza, Cell, Buu etc didn't sound asian.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:56 pm

Bullza wrote:
ringworm128 wrote:
Piccolo, Freeza, Cell, Buu etc didn't sound asian.
Goku(The Main Character) sounds Asian.
Freeza sounds Asian(Unless you say Freezer)
Tien sounds Asian.
Yamucha sounds Asian
Krillin sounds Asian
Gohan sounds Asian
Chi Chi sounds Asian

There is more Asian style names than "non" Asian style names in DB. You named 4 characters out of like 500. If you think a name sounding "to" Asian is the issue for an Asian Cartoon that is in Asian(Japanese to be specific) audio. Then quite frankly I don't have anything to say to you about the subject of Birsu's name. Especially since DB is based off of Journey To the West which if I'm correct if FILLED with Asian styled names.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:15 am

Beerus sounds more like a romanization to me, like Ceru or Torunksu.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:17 am

Bullza wrote:
ringworm128 wrote:
Piccolo, Freeza, Cell, Buu etc didn't sound asian.
And your point is?

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:39 am

VegettoEX wrote:"Yamcha" and "Krillin" are at least FUNimation English dub names.
I'd just like to point out that the "Yamcha" spelling has been used in Japan prior to FUNimation's English dub even existing. Hell, Toriyama has spelled it that way. Check Daizenshuu 1. :)
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:52 pm

At this point we should probably just get a seperate thread to discuss the purple cat dude's name.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Piccolo jr

Post by Piccolo jr » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:19 am

Whis: 15
Bills: 10
SSJG Goku: 6

AT own numbers. :clap:

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:50 pm

Yeah back on topic.

Whis - 15
Bills - 10
SSJ God Goku - 6
SSJ3 Goku - 2
SSJ2 Vegeta - 0.5

Does that seem about right? Maybe Gohan is a 3, Vegito a 5.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:54 pm

Bullza wrote:Yeah back on topic.

Whis - 15
Bills - 10
SSJ God Goku - 6
SSJ3 Goku - 2
SSJ2 Vegeta - 0.5

Vegeta surpassed Goku for a moment, and God Goku is much more than 3 times stronger than SS3 Goku.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:50 pm

I estimated that SSJG Goku was 16 and 2/3 times SSJ3 Goku.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:29 pm

Vegeta surpassed Goku for a moment, and God Goku is much more than 3 times stronger than SS3 Goku.
I wasn't including his rage boost moment just his usual SSJ2 strenght. You're right on the other thing though. SSJ3 Goku may be more like a 1 if that.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:51 pm

Bullza wrote:Yeah back on topic.

Whis - 15
Bills - 10
SSJ God Goku - 6
SSJ3 Goku - 2
SSJ2 Vegeta - 0.5

Naw it's more like this
Whis: 15
Beerus: 10
Godku: 6
Ultimate Gohan: 0.03
SSJ2 Vegeta(Enraged): 0.015
SSJ3 Goku: 0.006
SSJ2 Vegeta: 0.0015
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946